GUNS N' FN' ROSES Rock in Rio Official Blog!

ManetsBR

Thought the concert was amazing and that it's a shame that a couple mistakes caused by not rehearsing put Axl into such a bad mood that he cut the show a little early. I'm sure everyone there loved it.

Easily Axl's best vocal performance since 2006.

Axl's in the same shape he was from the last tour, he just didn't do anything with his voice over the last however many months.

If his voice was the same as it was in 2010, Rio would have been a lot better.

But, I have faith in him getting better, as usual, throughout the tour.

I don't wanna sound too negative, but normally, as he gets better, the setlist gets... tamer.

There was a 5 song period in that show where his voice was the best it's been in the 2000s. Other than that it was pretty bad.

What songs? Please don't tell me Estranged is in there. He sang the first part ok, but the high notes were weak.

- SCOM was good, although total Mickey Mouse.

- Patience was good until the outro

Went over to this HTGTH board. Could not believe what I was reading. I would have never thought the stuff you people say about that board was not exaggerated.

This gig was fucking godlike, amazing. Even tho they had tech-issues with the rain they all nailed it.

Axl Voice is SO sharp and mean in the songs, it's the meanest fucking singer in rock ever. AND he wore a leatherjacket

GN'R are not a band, GN'R are living legends and everything they touch turns to fuckin gold......GN'R is actually the 10th wonder of the world.

I'm just glad that the world got to see it, the web got to see it, and the thousands and thousands of people got to see GN'R close RIR 2011, in superior fashion.

What the fuck?!

Went over to this HTGTH board. Could not believe what I was reading. I would have never thought the stuff you people say about that board was not exaggerated.

This gig was fucking godlike, amazing. Even tho they had tech-issues with the rain they all nailed it.

Axl Voice is SO sharp and mean in the songs, it's the meanest fucking singer in rock ever. AND he wore a leatherjacket

GN'R are not a band, GN'R are living legends and everything they touch turns to fuckin gold......GN'R is actually the 10th wonder of the world.

I'm just glad that the world got to see it, the web got to see it, and the thousands and thousands of people got to see GN'R close RIR 2011, in superior fashion.

What the fuck?!

:lol:

It's much different being at the concert, things always seem 100 times better when you're there. First of all, it's loud! People are singing over the top, the place is jumping, it's a good atmosphere, and everything is magic!

When we watch the concerts back, they often look and sound totally different!

I'm glad those who were there had a great time, that's the most important thing! But for those of us who watched it in the comfort of our own homes, without everything going off right by our side....ouch! :(

This.

I watched the High Quality version of Chinese Democracy and will say Axl didn't sound as bad, but I am not sure what that means. On Youtube, you hear is voice much better and any way you slice it - it was not good.

I agree Chin Dem didnt sound bad... Jungle hmmm mickey came out to sing that one

• 8 years later...

watched TM legendary review again  and it bring so many memories,back when GNR was so funny and we had so much to talk /laugh about.I love re reading old threads during this quarantine........great show,LEGENDARY November rain,Legendary Patience ,THANK YOU AXL for the great memoeries and laughs:wub:

• 2 months later...

If there were any half-decent or great performances, then they were the latter half of Jungle, ISE, Brownstone, Sorry, Estranged, Rocket Queen, This I Love, most of Patience and Paradise City. First half of Jungle, Better and November Rain sucked ass though. But the fat fuck didn't sound as bad as he would sound later in 2017-2019, he was great compared to that.