According to my source, Tommy is out, Richard is "undecided" at best, and BBF wants more money.

BBA

Any Slashite should not want Slash involved. Slash is sober, happy with his life and his music. Going back to GNR would be a nightmare for him. I certainly cannot see him working for Axl.

You know you make a lot of sense here Sleeper but it is hard for fans not to envision a return to the glory days even if it is really only an illusion............

Bringing back Finck, Brain, Bucket, Josh? YES

Slash, Steven? NO

Duff, Izzy? I wouldn't be that happy but, I wouldn't be dissapointed either.

That being said, BBA is not reliable and this is all probobly BS.

So basically you would be happy about bringing back anyone as long as it's not an original member?

I could care less if they were original or not. I care about how good they are. Slash and Steven are not good musicians. Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?

Duff and Izzy are very good on the other hand but, they are no better then the musicians already in the band so, I wouldn't really be too happy, or sad about them re-joining. I guess it would be pretty cool.

So they guys you think are superior musicians just happens to be the ones who's never had any success or gotten any public acknowledgement?

Sorry, byt saying Slash is not a good musician is just laughable. If tens or even hundreds of millions in this world like the solos and songs he's created, doesn't that make him a good musician?

All of the musicicans I listed are pretty sucessfull. Maybe not as sucessfull as Slash but, I don't really care anyways. Success does not make someone good. Kesha is succesfull. Is she good? No.

If hundreds of millions in this world like the solo's and songs he created, then good for them but, that does not make him a good musician. Not at all.

I could care less about other people. I don't form my opinion based on what they think. Success does not make one a good musician. It makes them rich.

There are kids who never leave their parents garage that ooze talent and never get recognized. Are you telling me that they are not good musicians because they never got a record deal? Because they didn't get a break? Success is not the measure of ones talent. Lots of different elements go into success. Connections, marketing, publicity, etc. None of those have to do with being a good musician. With that logic one could argue that Donald Trump is a good musician. He's rich, right? I bet he plucked a guitar string once or twice in his life. So, if he touched a guitar and he's rich he must be a good musician, right? :rolleyes:

Calling Slash a good musician is simply put, false.

Technical proficiency does not make one a good musician mate...there is more to being a good musician then being a whammy wanker...if that was the case then Keef Richards should be considered an utter failure as he is hardly a great guitar player but few written the brilliant songs he has...........There are thousands of guitar players in this world more technically proficient then Slash or any of the current NuGnR guitarists but they have no feel or soul for the instrument and could not write a song with any feeling if their life depended on it...that is what seperates someone like Slash from wannabees...........

Slash, Steven? NO

So basically you would be happy about bringing back anyone as long as it's not an original member?

I could care less if they were original or not. I care about how good they are. Slash and Steven are not good musicians. Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?

Duff and Izzy are very good on the other hand but, they are no better then the musicians already in the band so, I wouldn't really be too happy, or sad about them re-joining. I guess it would be pretty cool.

So they guys you think are superior musicians just happens to be the ones who's never had any success or gotten any public acknowledgement?

Sorry, byt saying Slash is not a good musician is just laughable. If tens or even hundreds of millions in this world like the solos and songs he's created, doesn't that make him a good musician?

All of the musicicans I listed are pretty sucessfull. Maybe not as sucessfull as Slash but, I don't really care anyways. Success does not make someone good. Kesha is succesfull. Is she good? No.

If hundreds of millions in this world like the solo's and songs he created, then good for them but, that does not make him a good musician. Not at all.

I could care less about other people. I don't form my opinion based on what they think. Success does not make one a good musician. It makes them rich.

There are kids who never leave their parents garage that ooze talent and never get recognized. Are you telling me that they are not good musicians because they never got a record deal? Because they didn't get a break? Success is not the measure of ones talent. Lots of different elements go into success. Connections, marketing, publicity, etc. None of those have to do with being a good musician. With that logic one could argue that Donald Trump is a good musician. He's rich, right? I bet he plucked a guitar string once or twice in his life. So, if he touched a guitar and he's rich he must be a good musician, right? :rolleyes:

And who are you to decide what makes somebody a good musician? If you repeatedly create music that millions of people love, doesn't that make you a good musician? There is no objective rule here, there is now law on what a "good musician" is. Creating music that is generally considered good would be an indication that somebody is a good musician though. That said, there is absolutely no contradiction in the fact that there are talented musicians in garages all over the world.

Behind most of the artists like Kesha there is usually a small group of successful producers. Would I call them good musicians? Yes, probably. They are able to musically create something and get the desired effect from that. How many people know how to create a hit?

Knowing the early history of GN'R talking about connections, marketing and publicity really is a weak argument.

Slash, Steven? NO

Technical proficiency does not make one a good musician mate...there is more to being a good musician then being a whammy wanker...if that was the case then Keef Richards should be considered an utter failure as he is hardly a great guitar player but few written the brilliant songs he has...........There are thousands of guitar players in this world more technically proficient then Slash or any of the current NuGnR guitarists but they have no feel or soul for the instrument and could not write a song with any feeling if their life depended on it...that is what seperates someone like Slash from wannabees...........

When did I say technical proficiency made one a good musician?

And who are you to decide what makes somebody a good musician? If you repeatedly create music that millions of people love, doesn't that make you a good musician? There is no objective rule here, there is now law on what a "good musician" is. Creating music that is generally considered good would be an indication that somebody is a good musician though. That said, there is absolutely no contradiction in the fact that there are talented musicians in garages all over the world.

Behind most of the artists like Kesha there is usually a small group of successful producers. Would I call them good musicians? Yes, probably. They are able to musically create something and get the desired effect from that. How many people know how to create a hit?

Knowing the early history of GN'R talking about connections, marketing and publicity really is a weak argument.

I guess I'll just leave it at this. I disagree completley.

So would you mind sharing with us what makes a good musician then? If it is not technical proficiency and not being able to make music that people enjoy, then what is it? Since you are the one saying Slash being a good musician is "false", then I am guessing you have an objective decision rule you could share with us?

Slash, Steven? NO

So would you mind sharing with us what makes a good musician then? If it is not technical proficiency and not being able to make music that people enjoy, then what is it? Since you are the one saying Slash being a good musician is "false", then I am guessing you have an objective decision rule you could share with us?

Shit you beat me to the punch Changes, ..we must have been typing the same thing at the same time... :lol:

Innuendo from someone who knows nothing !

Listen, everybody comes with the "Axl call the shots, they are just hired hands" everytime a band member has done an interview and stated the slightest promising words - But here we go, some negative rumor off a forum member who has a source saying the most negative stuff (band perspective) in 2 years or so, and everybody is buying into it.. !

Objectivity and perspective please.. !

Take a step back, take a deep breath, now remove yourself from the glory hole !!

End of story, and yes thats all it was - A STORY !

:smiley-book:

Slash, Steven? NO

Shit you beat me to the punch Changes, ..we must have been typing the same thing at the same time... :lol:

It was a very valid question :D

Its amazing! Iv been away from the GNR world for awhile... all of a sudden i got to HTGTH to see the news... and there you have Jarmo running his mouth about how its cool of Axl not be like others who interact with the fans... by the time i read it, i was already wishing i didn't login on the website, then i come to Gunsnfnroses.com and i see this rumours.

Nothing against you BBA or your source, but needless to say nothing changed in GNR.

Same old bullshit, same old drama, same old "sources", same old loud mouths who know everything that is to know of the GNR camp, same old Axl beating up fans threads, same old attempts of Axl to come off as a really tough dude in the press, same old unprofessional attitude from the band...

Oh My God! Somebody get me out of this never ending boring movie!

U know it's funny, there's so many "sources" and no one seems to know what really is going on! So many "sources" that it seems like half a million people are "sources" already and have the songs and the information that are on Axl's coffin... yes coffin... it's not vault.. from here on in it's called coffin... songs that will rest in peace until someone decides to be a hot shot and put them out. It would be more entertaining than hearing about this bullshit story from Ashba...

It's amazing... Axl never changes... about 20 years ago, this same dude was telling stories with Sebastian Bach on Howard Stern about how he and Stern had kicked 9 french guys in their ass... Like Howard would hurt a mosquito...

Are you that insecure Axl? You have half world kissing your shoes, and you're still that insecure??...

I feel good for you that Vince was just trying to get the media attention and did not really wanted to kick your ass and set it straight...

You try so hard to come up to the press, as this really tough guy who kicks everyone's ass, nobody falls for that balloney anymore, accept yourself the way you are, and do what you do for a living, which is music, get over it dude!

Edited by AndreCC

Guest saphire

What it is, in a nutshell, is a little boy seeking attention. His AFD is boring thread screams look at me, I will diss one of the best albums ever made on the forum of the band who made it. I'm so kewl.

At least Miser can cut and paste off of wikipedia in an attempt to back up his opinions, which are usually irrational as well, depending on the day and the medication involved.

Ultimately it's a matter of opinion, and I can understand people have differing opinions. But he gives his for shits and giggles, with absolutely nothing to justify it. Don't even try to take him seriously anymore.

This place really is being overrun by trolls....

Guest saphire

There is nothing special about Bucketheads playing. He's fast, which I guess means he's a good technical player, but there is nothing pleasing or interesting or relevant to the ear when I listen to him. Absolutely nothing. His playing is tedious And robotic with not a hint of emotion to it.. One of the most boring musicians I have ever seen in my life. His ridiculous persona is the only remotely interesting thing about him, and even that can't be taken seriously.

As long as Axl is there...

Wow Manets you are softening in your old age as in the past you were hostile to the thought of a possible reunion...very surprising answer from you mate............

Wouldn't bother having Izzy or Duff instead of Richard and Tommy, respectively.

Actually it would be great. The problem is on the lead guitar, and the drums.

Guest saphire

Of course I know what a troll is, I started a thread on it.

If you're going to post on a Guns forum and post the nonsense you do, then you're going to get shit. If I hurt your feelings go tell Mommy, she'll give you a hug and make it all better, I promise.

As long as Axl is there...

Wow Manets you are softening in your old age as in the past you were hostile to the thought of a possible reunion...very surprising answer from you mate............

Wouldn't bother having Izzy or Duff instead of Richard and Tommy, respectively.

Actually it would be great. The problem is on the lead guitar, and the drums.

Ah so you still would not want to see an actual reunion as you don't want Slash or Steven? guess things have not changed...you had em fooled there for a minute mate.... :lol:

There is nothing special about Bucketheads playing. He's fast, which I guess means he's a good technical player, but there is nothing pleasing or interesting or relevant to the ear when I listen to him. Absolutely nothing. His playing is tedious And robotic with not a hint of emotion to it.. One of the most boring musicians I have ever seen in my life. His ridiculous persona is the only remotely interesting thing about him, and even that can't be taken seriously.

All about speed? Not a hint of emotion?

...I could go on forever.

Have you ever listened to TWAT?

You suck

So does BH

Keep in mind, guys. "The original GNR forum for the original GNR" gave this dipshit kid a purple title here, thus encouraging his idiotic behavior. In the management's defense though, ^ the above was their slogan prior to deciding to "evolve".

In all fairness, we might as well change it to what it is now. "Basically mygnr, same ignorant kid moderators, same mentality of selling out for memberships".

Edited by BBA

Have to agree Saphire..I find Bucket technically brilliant but most of his music lacks feel and soul for me. i have heard most of his solo stuff and there is only about an albums worth of stuff I find memorable as most of it is just noodling to my ears.

That being said other than Slash he is the only other lead guitar player that has been in GnR or NuGnR who has any personality IMHO...I love Izzy but I don't see him as a lead guitarist.....just my opinoin of course

If it pisses everyone off so much then, I'll quit. I don't fucking care dude.

Sounds like a resignation to me, mods. Since you guys are basically doing all of this to mimmick mygnr anyway, you should have responded:

"Threats? Resignation accepted."

In all seriousness, I'm all for this guy quitting posting altogether. Anyone with a half ounce of sense wouldn't miss his stupid shit. Plus, it would give him alot of extra time to focus on some of his more personal concerns such as, "why does my pee-pee get hard when I see boys showering after gym class".