"Absurd" and "Hard-Skool": current impressions

auad

097DB6B7-7E44-4FE9-AFC1-14DABCF422E0.jpeg.ebb6a0a78207463b9524325efc7498a1.jpeg

After all these days what are your impressions of both?

Do you still listen to them?

Yes, I hear both, EVERY DAY. the mp3s are on my cell phone, so it's easy to listen to them.

To me they sound better and better. Direct, chaotic...far from sounding perfect, but rather a satisfactory result. They are full of interesting nuances, and today I prefer Absurd to Silkworms. This Hard-Skool sounds much wilder than the leaky version!

I will probably order the EP in all formats!

392BF1C4-B262-4766-8004-94770E851C04.thumb.jpeg.e5147905e057ad4feef0023999b65c6b.jpeg

2 hours ago, auad said:

097DB6B7-7E44-4FE9-AFC1-14DABCF422E0.jpeg.ebb6a0a78207463b9524325efc7498a1.jpeg

After all these days what are your impressions of both?

Do you still listen to them?

Yes, I hear both, EVERY DAY. the mp3s are on my cell phone, so it's easy to listen to them.

To me they sound better and better. Direct, chaotic...far from sounding perfect, but rather a satisfactory result. They are full of interesting nuances, and today I prefer Absurd to Silkworms. This Hard-Skool sounds much wilder than the leaky version!

Thus version is waaaaay better than whatever it is the fat band does

392BF1C4-B262-4766-8004-94770E851C04.thumb.jpeg.e5147905e057ad4feef0023999b65c6b.jpeg

4 hours ago, auad said:

I'd order/buy her if I could, that's for fucking sure.

Did you achieve success with this one Aaud?

If so, I'm truly jealous of you.

As for the music, I listened to each of them about 3 times when they came out.

Hardskool is the better of the two and at least sounds like a UYI track that didn't make the cut but it's still pretty lame.

I find 'Absurd' to pretty much be a total mess.  It reminds me of everything that went off the rails with CD era GNR.  Rarely do I give it a play.

But 'Hard Skool', I really dig.  I listen to it all the time.  I think Axl sounds crisp on the track.  And it's nice to have a song with a fucking chorus for a change.  Been too long.

So they are batting .500 with me.

9 hours ago, D-GenerationX said:

I find 'Absurd' to pretty much be a total mess.  It reminds me of everything that went off the rails with CD era GNR.  Rarely do I give it a play.

But 'Hard Skool', I really dig.  I listen to it all the time.  I think Axl sounds crisp on the track.  And it's nice to have a song with a fucking chorus for a change.  Been too long.

So they are batting .500 with me.

Crisp. 

For a guy who said CD was made for audiophile mixes, it's crazy that Axl actually decided to release these songs that sound so much worse than the demo versions...

Absurd is the worst song they've ever released. There's some decent guitar parts but the song overall is awful - one laughably bad verse repeated throughout the song, no chorus, a completely out-of-place breakdown. and the cut/paste editing is sloppy as fuck.

Hard Skool is a good song that suffers from a terrible mix. It's not a great song by any means, but it's good enough.

1 hour ago, dave-gnfnr2k said:

They are both shit, there was zero effort put into them all around.  Its even more sad the rough cuts sound better produced and mixed then the actual properly mixed versions.  Like most GNR songs the demos / rough cuts are always better bc Axl loves to over produce and tinker with everything  

Moron