What’s Axl’s worst lyrics?

STFU Miser

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Bad Apples is fucking trash.

"I got me some gen-u-wine imatayshun baaaaad apples, free sample fo yo piece of mind only nine niney fiie!!"   I guess he was trying to sound like a black guy or something.

I hate that song.

It’s a cool song, kinda groovy and the melody is nice.

Lyrics are shit, though.

31 minutes ago, november snow said:

i dont care about lyrics as english is not my native language  but if i have to choose my favourite Axls lyrics.... One in a million and Civil war are my favourite

This makes a sense and maybe that's why brazilians are crazy about some rock bands. Its all about atittude, since most of them know jack shit about English.

In fact, If I try to translate any English song to portuguese, it will sound ridiculous. If I want to downgrade any song, I just have to translate it.

I try to avoid that because, to me, a song is much more than its lyrics. That's why I like so much a dumb song like This is Love.

9 minutes ago, Tremolo said:

I just find it funny that you find that everything is shit, and then let us know that your favourite lyrics by Alessis Rosé are those lame-ass ones that could have been written by some emo teenager.

Pure gold (hey! Don’t steal it!)

I find it funny how you assume so much when you know so little.

Pure Gold.

Go listen to "I'm Just A Copy Of A Copy".

10 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

As are NIN's, Jane's Addiction's or Nirvana's lyrics you seem to hold in high esteem.

I do enjoy their music, and off the 3, JA has better lyrics than the rest. i wouldn’t say that TR OR Cobain were great lyricists.

Summertime Rolls, 3 Days, Then She Did, and Of Course (this last one that must ring a bell (or many) given the general gypsy theme in the music), individually have better lyrics than all of GNR’s lyrics combined.

SHANANANNANANA KNEES! KNEES!

MUH! MUH! MUH SERPENTINE!

1 minute ago, Tremolo said:

I do enjoy their music, and off the 3, JA has better lyrics than the rest.

Summertime Rolls, 3 Days, Then She Did, and Of Course (this last one that must ring a bell (or many) given the general gypsy theme in the music), individually have better lyrics than all of GNR’s lyrics combined.

SHANANANNANANA KNEES! KNEES!

MUH! MUH! MUH SERPENTINE!

Cool story. Why should I care, like what you like. Why are you raging at me anyway ? what do you want ?

1 hour ago, Tremolo said:

I don’t rage, you’re projecting yourself

Yes, you do. You seem bothered.

1 hour ago, Tremolo said:

As I said earlier, I just find it funny., that’s all

I find it funny too how you praise Jane's crappy lyrics and talk down Axl's as if Perry Farrell were a lyrical genius. That's all.

I've never been much into analyzing lyrics in the first place, but Axl always knew he'd never be more than 1/10th the poet that peak Jane's Addiction era Perry was.

He was always jealous of Jane's Addiction and NIN.

I think the long outro to "Catcher" is really good though...maybe Axl's best.  How come it never gets any props?