SLASH Says GUNS N' ROSES Has Yet To Start Writing New Music, Explains Decision To Rework Old Songs

dave-gnfnr2k

34 minutes ago, RedHook said:

It's just business, 

3 former band mates that hate each other,

cashing in on their past success.

Why is this a surprise to anyone? 

Slash basically said it

It's just a gig.

The gravy trail will run out eventually. Axl Slash a d Duff will have more money than so e countries GDP, the chick Frank and the nose will continue to do stuff. 

Meh, who cares

24 minutes ago, GnRLiars said:

Why is this a surprise to anyone? 

Slash basically said it

It's just a gig.

The gravy trail will run out eventually. Axl Slash a d Duff will have more money than so e countries GDP, the chick Frank and the nose will continue to do stuff. 

Meh, who cares

It's not a surprise.

The backstage video just 100% confirmed it

40 minutes ago, RedHook said:

It's not a surprise.

Exactly.

People always make fun that slash and duff are hired guns in Axls band, but the minute either one of them confirm it, it's a big deal

"I'm, they're just in it for the money"

Of course they are

What has ol' gravy biceps brought to the xxxl table of Guns N' Roses in the last 25 years? Thanks for Absurd & Hard Skool but after surviving on just over 15 or so 'new' tracks for 25-30 years I'm a little impatient when it comes to new music. GNR should be making music that will last them the next 15 years and tour that not just endlessly milking the back catalogue that some of us have heard 1000 times. I just wish Axl demanded the band to be knocking out as much material as possible and actually release it in due time. 

9 hours ago, RedHook said:

It's not a surprise.

I believe meeghan and susan are ok, but the beta hates the both of them. The worst thing the fatman ever did was surround himself with this family and let them manage the band/brand.

10 hours ago, RedHook said:

It's not even a band anymore.

They act like 3 solo acts on a package tour.

One night during the Summer 2021 Tour, Beta was in a mood,

and let the camera roll backstage for a few songs, and Live streamed it on Instagram.

Beta, Susan, and Meegan had 3 separate camps set up around the edges of the stage. 

(Beta on the edge of Left side of stage, Meegan edge of Right side of stage, and Susan behind the stage on the Left side)

From where they were from each other,

none of them could communicate with each other, while the show was going on.

No communication, they stay as far from each other as possible.

The only time Slosh, Doof, and Alec come together is onstage,

where they go through the same scripted bull shit set as always.

Then they leave in 3 different directions. 

Probably to get on 3 different tour buses.

It's just business, 

That’s a good point considering other than staged bts promo pictures, slash and axl haven’t been seen together offstage. 

but they do be making a shit ton of money so who tf cares. Kinda funny we are making fun of fat and greasy era gnr while they’re still netting more than any of us make a year from one show. 

10 hours ago, RedHook said:

One night during the Summer 2021 Tour, Beta was in a mood,

and let the camera roll backstage for a few songs, and Live streamed it on Instagram.

Beta, Susan, and Meegan had 3 separate camps set up around the edges of the stage. 

(Beta on the edge of Left side of stage, Meegan edge of Right side of stage, and Susan behind the stage on the Left side)

It's just business, 

Makes you wonder whether after coachella they shoukd have gone there separate ways and axl still kept the last of the 2014 lineup. Money aside,  as shit as it was, maybe the fatman preferred that lineup compared to doing a deal with the devil.

6 minutes ago, shadowofthewave said:

If they had released a Soul Monster/The General EP instead of Absurd/Hard Skool I could finally stop paying attention to this piece of shit band. Instead those of us waiting for the rest of the CD songs are condemned to continue wandering this desert for who the fuck knows how long.

I personally think those songs will never see the light of day. The fatman would prefer to keep releasing Eps with any song that's considered a b side, rather than any big gun songs.

11 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

I believe meeghan and susan are ok, but the beta hates the both of them. The worst thing the fatman ever did was surround himself with this family and let them manage the band/brand.

It sure feels like an abusive codependent relationship. Beta has always come across as a petty manipulative person, and Axl happened to stumble upon her at his most vulnerable state.

It’s not like this hasn’t happened before to other high-profile musicians.

Didn’t she threaten to leave if Axl didn’t make her manager or some shit like that?

Axl needs a crash course on Hans Christian Andersen’s folk stories, but just like in The Emperor’s New Clothes, it’s too late.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, GnRLiars said:

Exactly.

People always make fun that slash and duff are hired guns in Axls band, but the minute either one of them confirm it, it's a big deal

"I'm, they're just in it for the money"

Of course they are

On 10/25/2021 at 10:25 AM, RedHook said:

One night during the Summer 2021 Tour,

Beta was in a mood,

It's just business, 

@JordanRose 

I'm not typing this all again.

Its quoted above

Weird thing is, there are plenty of high profile examples of musicians who resent eachother sharing the stage for money and it's plainly obvious by their body language etc. I haven't seen any footage of Axl and Slash showing that. To me it seems like the issue is purely Axl's weird hangup about writing, recording and releasing music. 

I can't help wondering if Slash couldn't have bit the bullet in 2016-2018 and offered a compromise whereby e.g. the completed CD2 songs Axl is most attached to got released as is with Bucket, Finck etc and other songs got reworked and then try and write a couple new ones. Do that once, maybe twice, then the slate is clean. Too late now cuz his voice is shot anyway. 

Also think since Slash played most of Chinese at some point that Axl could have said 'let's take out some of these dull covers and do Anastasia and another VR song or two. But then he has to be dragged screaming just to do Locomotive so.