Slash announces new single: The Gravy Is Rising

Frank Drebin

aW1hZ2VzMS8yMDE2LzAxLzA3LzAxODAyOTMwMDE0

Slash is releasing new single 'The Gravy Is Rising' with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators later this week

Slash is releasing new single 'The River Is Rising' this week.

The Guns N' Roses legend has revealed his new track – which he has recorded with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators – will drop on Friday (22.10.21) and is taken from the group's upcoming album.

In a teaser clip for the song on Twitter, Slash said: "This was the first time that we actually did all the guitars, bass and drums live at the same time, and kept all those tracks. And we also did the vocals live as well.

"So the record just sounds like the band playing the songs that we came in with, but it’s us playing in the moment. And that’s what we were going for.”

And vocalist Myles – who completes the lineup with bassist Todd Kerns, drummer Brent Fitz and guitarist Frank Sidoris – admitted he actually considers the collection to be a "live record" because of how they worked in the studio.

He added: "This is pretty much a live record, from my standpoint. You're just trying to kinda document where you are at that point in life, and do it in an authentic way."

Meanwhile, Slash recently claimed his upcoming fourth album with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators is the "best" they've done so far.

The 56-year-old musician said: "I think the record itself is probably the best one we've done so far. We're showing no signs of slowing down."

The LP will be a follow up to 2018's 'Living the Dream', which was Slash's fourth solo album but his third with Myles and the band.

In December, Slash was hopeful he would release two albums in 2021 – one with Guns N' Roses and another with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators.

He said at the time: "I would like to think that we’d have some new stuff out next year – from both camps, I guess.

"It’s hard to say, but I would like to think we’ll have stuff out next year."

Guns N' Roses last released a studio album in 2008, when they dropped 'Chinese Democracy'.

So guys...will Slash, Myles and The Constipators knock it out the park with the new album or will it be a damp squid like the last one? Its like they try and quickly waffle together whatever ideas they have and its done in short time.

http://www.list.co.uk/article/130456-slash-announces-new-single-the-river-is-rising/

It's funny how slash knows how to promote his solo shit but when it comes to a GNR record they dont know how to release it.

Slash is very detailed on how the album was recorded in interviewa. Wonder if he will be this  detailed IF he does any interviews for  GNR album.

" yeah well all things considered, ax gave duff and i 20 year old songs and we just removed Bucketheads guitars put guitar sounds on each track, like paul huge did 25 years ago over my guitar work,  and there you have it  a new GNR album."

13 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

It's funny how slash knows how to promote his solo shit but when it comes to a GNR record they dont know how to release it.

Slash is very detailed on how the album was recorded in interviewa. Wonder if he will be this  detailed IF he does any interviews for  GNR album.

" yeah well all things considered, ax gave duff and i 20 year old songs and we just removed Bucketheads guitars put guitar sounds on each track, like paul huge did 25 years ago over my guitar work,  and there you have it  a new GNR album."

Removing Bucketheads guitars is a criminal act. Should be hung, drawn and quartered. 

8 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Yes, but it all sucks so..........

Look, if it will suck anyway, just release it.

Take Chinese for example. Why take decades to release such a shitty album without a single memorable song?

Chinese is as bad as any Slash album, except it is over-produced and filled with synth farts. Axl sounds terrible in it and the lyrics are hilarious. Unless you get moist listening to his wailing in THIS IS LOVE.

1 minute ago, maynard said:

Look, if it will suck anyway, just release it.

Take Chinese for example. Why take decades to release such a shitty album without a single memorable song?

Chinese is as bad as any Slash album, except it is over-produced and filled with synth farts. Axl sounds terrible in it and the lyrics are hilarious. Unless you get moist listening to his wailing in THIS IS LOVE.

K.

10 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Yes, but it all sucks so..........

SNIPPET.

I don't think it all sucks.  Yeah... not as good as the first four GNR albums, but any band who releases album after album never matches their classic stuff.  Stones had their run with Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Mainstreet.  AC/DC with Powerage, Highway to Hell, Back in Black.  And the list goes on. 

These bands can't win.... if they release new albums the response is "they can't touch their classic albums".  If they just live off the classic albums then it's "they don't release any new music".  Slash is in an interesting spot that he is in bands who have followed both paths.

3 hours ago, Ragnar said:

This is false. Each new Led Zeppelin album was better than the previous one. Then again, they were LED ZEPPELIN not Stones or AC/DC.

You think In Through the Out Door is their best album? 

A lot of what is "best" or "better" is going to be personal preference.  I find myself listening to the first 5 far more than the last 3. 

But, like you said.... they were Led Zeppelin not Stones, AC/DC, or even other bands like Aerosmith.  Zeppelin only released 8 albums.  By comparison it is a lot less material than Stones or AC/DC.... however, it's a lot more than GNR could get done. 

• Frank Drebin changed the title to Slash announces new single: The Gravy Is Rising