Jump to content

Anybody see GNR on this leg of NITL?


Recommended Posts

On 10/2/2021 at 8:58 AM, c29579 said:

 

And no Don't Cry. They came out with boxing gloves at the end of the encore, was the Get in the Ring tour, and walked off. Everyone always says Skid Row were the highlight that night. 

 

Bach talked to the crowd and Axl as usual didn't say shit. Nothing has changed. 

I thought for the time skid row played they were good, and one who thought skid row upstaged GNR that day. Which showed how much of a bloated setlist we got.

image.png.6b9bda13aa5e6fbce7b8280cc1244491.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MacDaddyRose said:

I just don't think he has it anymore. Hard to sing like you did at 25 at 60 years old. 

 

I thought it was like 45% good in Baltimore, which is about what you're gonna have to settle for at this point. 


I know that people point at Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger when they point at Axl not being able to sing like he used to, but Steven is a freak of nature, and Jagger’s range is nowhere near what Axl’s was/is.

 

I do understand why the set is structured the way that it is, though. Starts off with the rasp, tones it down in the middle to give Axl a bit of a rest, and then picks back up for the finale. 
 

I do think that the set could benefit from adding stuff like Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up - stuff that Axl can sing in his lower range while still being fairly recognizable songs for the casuals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Sydney fan said:

I thought for the time skid row played they were good, and one who thought skid row upstaged GNR that day. Which showed how much of a bloated setlist we got.

image.png.6b9bda13aa5e6fbce7b8280cc1244491.png

 

Wonder how many of these are still in existence...

 

 

gnr.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:


I know that people point at Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger when they point at Axl not being able to sing like he used to, but Steven is a freak of nature, and Jagger’s range is nowhere near what Axl’s was/is.

 

I do understand why the set is structured the way that it is, though. Starts off with the rasp, tones it down in the middle to give Axl a bit of a rest, and then picks back up for the finale. 
 

I do think that the set could benefit from adding stuff like Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up - stuff that Axl can sing in his lower range while still being fairly recognizable songs for the casuals.

I think they need to drop some stuff that just sounds awful; slither, coma, most of the Chinese tracks. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I do think that the set could benefit from adding stuff like Bad On bsession and Pretty Tied Up - stuff that Axl can sing in his lower range while still being fairly recognizable songs for the casuals.

He could literally talk through those songs like Jagger does with 90% of Stones' songs. But no, he has to wheeze through songs he can's sing anymore.

 

Stubborn douchebag.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would go if Axl started lip synching. Fatarotti he is not. His live voice is terrible now. The thrill is gone. Listening to Old Gravy Biceps is no longer enough. If ticket sales were based on live performances, GNR would be back playing bowling alleys for dollars. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I would go if Axl started lip synching. Fatarotti he is not. His live voice is terrible now. The thrill is gone. Listening to Old Gravy Biceps is no longer enough. If ticket sales were based on live performances, GNR would be back playing bowling alleys for dollars. 

I could never do lip synch shows. I can listen to it on my phone for that. Part of the appeal of live music is the imperfections, but we're beyond imperfections here. 

 

I don't think there is a happy medium. Lip synching would suck, just as mickey sucks.

 

I think the best they can do is alter, trim and pace the setlist a little better to limit the mickeyness. They pace it good out of the gate, but then slither hits and its a disaster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, MacDaddyRose said:

I think they need to drop some stuff that just sounds awful; slither, coma, most of the Chinese tracks. 

 

 

Here comes the wataaaaaarrr.

I always wonder if slash has Axl on in his IEM just for that one song, to laugh his arse off while Axl tries to sing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MacDaddyRose said:

I could never do lip synch shows. I can listen to it on my phone for that. Part of the appeal of live music is the imperfections, but we're beyond imperfections here. 

 

I don't think there is a happy medium. Lip synching would suck, just as mickey sucks.

 

I think the best they can do is alter, trim and pace the setlist a little better to limit the mickeyness. They pace it good out of the gate, but then slither hits and its a disaster. 

 

What, Coma, Estranged, November Rain and Knockin On Heavens Door taking up an hour is not trimmed enough?!

 

I'd happily see NuGN'R with band jams (along with coherent band work) between every song than what this lot do. A bit of life and energy left this band years ago.

 

Need to stick with the songs he can talk; Double Talkin Jive, Bad Obsession, It's So Easy, Down on the Farm, Locomotive (fuck knows when he gets to the chorus though), slow pace Don't Cry, Patience, The Seeker, So Fine, Don't Damn Me, Democracy.

 

There's a start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, c29579 said:

 

What, Coma, Estranged, November Rain and Knockin On Heavens Door taking up an hour is not trimmed enough?!

 

I'd happily see NuGN'R with band jams (along with coherent band work) between every song than what this lot do. A bit of life and energy left this band years ago.

 

Need to stick with the songs he can talk; Double Talkin Jive, Bad Obsession, It's So Easy, Down on the Farm, Locomotive (fuck knows when he gets to the chorus though), slow pace Don't Cry, Patience, The Seeker, So Fine, Don't Damn Me, Democracy.

 

There's a start.

I agree on all but locomotive, that was a train wreck. Slither should be a pretty easy one. I don't know why he goes falsetto on that song. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MacDaddyRose said:

I could never do lip synch shows. I can listen to it on my phone for that. Part of the appeal of live music is the imperfections, but we're beyond imperfections here. 

 

I don't think there is a happy medium. Lip synching would suck, just as mickey sucks.

 

I think the best they can do is alter, trim and pace the setlist a little better to limit the mickeyness. They pace it good out of the gate, but then slither hits and its a disaster. 

The problem with that is the fact that one of the spineless slugs that are in his inner circle would have to dare tell him that he isn’t sounding good to bring on discussion and problem solving...That’s never going to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Salsh Borski said:

The problem with that is the fact that one of the spineless slugs that are in his inner circle would have to dare tell him that he isn’t sounding good to bring on discussion and problem solving...That’s never going to happen.

 Nobody involved has any dignity left anyway so why derail the Gravy Train?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...