Jump to content

Anybody see GNR on this leg of NITL?


Recommended Posts

The Australian tour just postponed a year I had never thought of going to. Couldn't and wouldn't do it to myself.

 

Seen them in 1993, 2007 twice, 2010, 2013 twice, 2017 twice. Never again though.

 

2007 was the shit (11.50pm start is the stuff of legend now), 2010 also great. The rest eminently forgettable, especially '93.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, c29579 said:

The Australian tour just postponed a year I had never thought of going to. Couldn't and wouldn't do it to myself.

 

Seen them in 1993, 2007 twice, 2010, 2013 twice, 2017 twice. Never again though.

 

2007 was the shit (11.50pm start is the stuff of legend now), 2010 also great. The rest eminently forgettable, especially '93.

93 we got the bloated shit casual fan setlist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sydney fan said:

93 we got the bloated shit casual fan setlist. 

 

And no Don't Cry. They came out with boxing gloves at the end of the encore, was the Get in the Ring tour, and walked off. Everyone always says Skid Row were the highlight that night. 

 

Bach talked to the crowd and Axl as usual didn't say shit. Nothing has changed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, c29579 said:

 

And no Don't Cry. They came out with boxing gloves at the end of the encore, was the Get in the Ring tour, and walked off. Everyone always says Skid Row were the highlight that night. 

 

Bach talked to the crowd and Axl as usual didn't say shit. Nothing has changed. 

And the 30min boring as fuck godfather solo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my best friends and former middle school GNR junkie lives in Baltimore now.  He's never bothered to see Axl in any of his forms since his re-emergence in 2001.

 

His 10 year old kid really digs GNR (or maybe dug...it might have just been a phase and he's over it already) so I told him he HAD to go and take his kid, just to see Axl and Slash once in his life, even fat/shit.

 

Unfortunately, he said he couldn't go...don't know if it was ticket prices or timing or what.  I hope it wasn't ticket prices considering he could have got in for less than thirty bucks.   He missed the live debut of Hard Stool.

 

I wish he would have gone.  Everyone takes this "never ending tour" for granted.  There's no guarantee it'll continue.  Every chance to see this band could be the last, and most of us are OK with that cause we've seen them at least once in our lives.   But I honestly urge anyone who's ever been a fan and not seen them in person to go if the chance ever comes up, cause you never know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly,

as far live concerts and entertainment go,

we only had this short window of live shows that were free from masks and covid regulations.

GnRs rescheduled summer tour by some sort of dumb luck,

lined up with this period.

 

I'm glad it did.

Got me out of my house, to enjoy a summer night in the city.

 

I refuse to go to indoor shows that now require masks this Fall/ Winter in Boston.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I haven't even seen the reunited trio live. I had expended my interest in the band by then.

I honestly don't think I'd go again if I won a competition with a stretch limo and royal box with free bar. Actually, I would. I'd just watch the wrestling on my tablet and get pissed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw them in 2016, that was enough. It was cool (and surreal) to see Axl and Slash share the stage again. Very good show. No need to tarnish the memory by shelling out hundreds to watch a significantly deteriorated Axl and comatose version of Slash play the same set list they did 5 years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, Duffibrillator said:

They came 2.5 hours from me, but I'm just as lazy as the band and didn't want to deal with the drive, traffic, and everything else that comes with going to the show.  I'll probably go see SMKC next time they come around. 

 

Anyone check out GNR on this leg? 

Since Axl's voice is unlistenable and the band just playing through the motions, i will probably never go to another GNR show ever. Not even with new music etc. A 2016 show was enough for me and i also saw AXL/DC. Both shows kicked ass even though AXL/DC was better...

My crave for nostalgia has been fulfilled. GNR is dead to me as far as "going to a show" goes

SMKC could be a good show, but i just can't stand Myles voice and they are worse with each new album so that's a no from me.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people see these old greatest hits performers just so ''they can see them one time before they split up or die''. It is about ticking it off your bucket list. It is almost anti-music. Corporate touring: yack. I have a lot of respect for Robert Plant for turning his back on it all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to Baltimore last week. Enjoyed it. Axl had his moments where he struggled, but I can’t say that he didn’t try. 
 

I honestly thought that he did solid overall, and that he actually had improved on SCOM a bit since I last saw them in 2017.
 

I don’t think it’s a lack of effort. I think that time has just caught up with his voice, and AC/DC certainly didn’t do it any favors as far as the longevity goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Went to Baltimore last week. Enjoyed it. Axl had his moments where he struggled, but I can’t say that he didn’t try. 
 

I honestly thought that he did solid overall, and that he actually had improved on SCOM a bit since I last saw them in 2017.
 

I don’t think it’s a lack of effort. I think that time has just caught up with his voice, and AC/DC certainly didn’t do it any favors as far as the longevity goes.

I just don't think he has it anymore. Hard to sing like you did at 25 at 60 years old. 

 

I thought it was like 45% good in Baltimore, which is about what you're gonna have to settle for at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...