How will Axl sing Hard Skool live?

Jakey Styley

Which voice will he use?

I think we all know the chorus is going to be an out of breath Mickey disaster in which he can't fully pronounce the final word of each line (as is the case for 80% of the show). It's way too fast for him. But which live voice is he going to use for the verses?

I'm trying to think of a currently performed GNR song that serves as a good reference point for Hard Skool. Maybe he will use that Kermit voice he's been using for You're Crazy and Absurd? But that voice is too flat, the verses have too much melody for that.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Verses will be standard mickey voice.

The first chorus he might try to scream his way though, like he does SOYL. But he'll be out of gas by the 2nd chorus and it will be awkward and hilarious watching him try to figure out how to adapt on the fly.

Called it... :lol:

The verses were pretty rough and he kinda ran out of gas by the end, but at least they finally played it.

27 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Called it... :lol:

The verses were pretty rough and he kinda ran out of gas by the end, but at least they finally played it.

Wow, good call. I really thought he'd use some other weird ass voice for the verses, but he just went to default.

That second chorus...jesus