Sept 17, 1991. UYI Anniversary Collection

auad

10 minutes ago, wasted said:

So how many did they sell at what price? 

I'm approxing cd sells 50k at $10 is $500,000. 

i'm definitely too lazy to look it up, but they had to lower the box set price to 500, then to 400

you could buy the box set on ebay for a lesser price i suppose

still if you don't want the useless merch stuff just the songs: there is a 50 bucks version then there is the 2 CD deluxe for a 20 (35 on vinyl) the standalone remaster CD is 14 bucks

http://gnrmerch.com/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

Take into consideration, that the whole shit is on streaming platforms. 1500 plays on a song equals a sold CD (from what i've read so far)

so either way, they can only win money with the brandname

If only they'd put some effort into it like Metallica... (they are doubling their fanbase as we speak, because of the Blacklist covers and various mainstream artist covering their songs, zoomers became fans en masse)

3 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

Seems like a mixed marketing campaign. 

Locked n Loaded for Reunion dollar

SOYL single for casuals

Playing UYI deep cuts for Box set

Playing Absurd for casual to hype up tour keep new album primed

Big picture, everything is merch that promos the tour

3 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

i'm definitely too lazy to look it up, but they had to lower the box set price to 500, then to 400

you could buy the box set on ebay for a lesser price i suppose

still if you don't want the useless merch stuff just the songs: there is a 50 bucks version then there is the 2 CD deluxe for a 20 (35 on vinyl) the standalone remaster CD is 14 bucks

http://gnrmerch.com/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

Take into consideration, that the whole shit is on streaming platforms. 1500 plays equals a sold CD (from what i've read so far)

There's two charts, sales and consumption

My guess is recomp thinks sell 1,000 at $500 easier than selling new material cd. If the box sold 10k it makes a ton of money or more

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

There's two charts, sales and consumption

My guess is recomp thinks sell 1,000 at $500 easier than selling new material cd. If the box sold 10k it makes a ton of money or more

something something ufos, drinking, incoherent sentences and random number generator

you are a cock if you try and reason the why no new album route

26 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

something something ufos, drinking, incoherent sentences and random number generator

you are a cock if you try and reason the why no new album route

There's no money in it, so why rush it?

I feel like we've already heard the album. Now we experiment on the stadium fans. Absurd seemed to go down pretty well. Hardskool is going to get soccer moms hard globally. 

On 9/17/2021 at 6:55 PM, sixes unmasked said:

They've done box sets now for their first 5 albums, remastered Garage Days and were going to release the No Life Til Leather demo until Mustaine blocked it.

Any other band would have fucked off at the Mustaine block but they kept going.

Next up is the Load/Reload box set (s).

I know a lot of fans could give less than a fuck but anything past the Black Album intrigues me.

Regardless, they do right by their fans

I used to feel bad about beating the Metallica drum in comparison, but for real. Who else can we compare Guns to, but one of their contemporaries? They were on the same level in '92. The difference, in hindsight, was Metallica earned everything. It was a gradual build up from '83 to '92. No radio or MTV support until minimal exposure in '88. Guns kinda fell upward and hit it big almost immediately.

Too much. Too soon.

I'll never understand old school Metallica fans that listen to all kinds of rock and metal who still fucking rag on them for everything after Justice. 30 years later, and Metallica are still relevant, celebrating their albums properly with an "everything but the kitchen sink for a decent price" approach, and they get it.

Benny (Hill) & The (pay)Chex just don't. That merch is fucking terrible. It legit looks like the kind of thing you'd see in the clearance section of Ocean State Job Lots.

I got dogpiled on Instagram for openly wishing that entire band died in a plane crash in 1993.

This is the exact opposite of what I'd have guessed in the early 90's.

Every time Metallica does the exact right and cool thing in a situation, I come here to not be surprised and to get depressed about the horror show of a fucking joke Guns N' Roses has become.

25 minutes ago, Bandonox said:

I'll never understand old school Metallica fans that listen to all kinds of rock and metal who still fucking rag on them for everouything after Justice.

You won't understand because you're deaf.

"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle, tick tock tick tock tick tick tick"

18 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

You won't understand because you're deaf.

"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle, tick tock tick tock tick tick tick"

Out of all possible examples, you went with St. Anger?

I'm disappointed. I figured your retarded retort would been "I am the table."

Try harder, dipshit.