Jump to content

Sept 17, 1991. UYI Anniversary Collection


auad
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, wasted said:

I remember Slash talking about the unmixed versions of the UYI songs and how he wanted people to hear them. I think were on youtube years ago. Lost Illusions and Crash Diet will be thrown in. Crash Diet will be the single. 

 

 

That would be too good for GNR.

Crash Diet is not their song to release.

 

And they were too stupid/ lazy to get the rights to Crash Diet from Wes while he was still alive,

and his family is not giving it up now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RedHook said:

Ain't Goin' Down with Vocals

is the Shadow of Your Love/ New Old Song remixed for the UYI Box Set.

 

6 years of hard work from the boys

GNR Reunion "New" Recordings

2018  Shadow of Your Love - Remix

2019  Rock the Rock - LT's Axl Cartoon

2021  Silkworms - Absurd Remix

202?  Aint Goin' Down w/ vox - Remix 

202?  Hard Skool - Remix

 

 

Thought they would also add "down by the ocean" or crash diet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, RedHook said:

 

 

That would be too good for GNR.

Crash Diet is not their song to release.

 

And they were too stupid/ lazy to get the rights to Crash Diet from Wes while he was still alive,

and his family is not giving it up now.

Axl will just deconstruct its parts and build a new Hot Wheels version called Diet Fanta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing that makes AFD and UYI box sets dead in the water from day one,

is the fact that all the old demos leaked in real time way back in the late 80s/ early 90s.

 

Guns n Roses was by far the most bootlegged band of their generation.

Fans have had all these demos for 30+ years.

 

R-3482554-1462024310-6026.jpeg.jpg.0ca168bb475202b09ef558823c370992.jpg

 

I had the Lies demos,

November Rain, Don't Cry on Vinyl in 1987.

Along with everything else as it was recorded.

 

Back in the day you could buy all this stuff along with VHS' tapes of Live at the Roxy 1986 at local record stores that sold bootlegs.

 

The abundance of material from day 1 was one of the things that made GNR so great.

Unfortunatley the rest of the bands career has been quite the opposite of this. :lol:

 

1592040361_00FrontCover.jpg.a1a7625049151a14be4d89b6551abe02.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedHook said:

 

 

That would be too good for GNR.

Crash Diet is not their song to release.

 

And they were too stupid/ lazy to get the rights to Crash Diet from Wes while he was still alive,

and his family is not giving it up now.

Except rights to Crash Diet have been sold to these mediocre bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZ86iGCqtg

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYjaUW-Gxdc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Except rights to Crash Diet have been sold to these mediocre bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZ86iGCqtg

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYjaUW-Gxdc

 

Yes,

but its obviously not exclusive since its was releaaed by both the bands Wild Side, and Asphalt Ballet many years ago.

 

Word on the street was that Wes's sister owns the rights to all his music,

and since she blames GNR for his death, she will not under any curmustances let them release 'Crash Diet" on the UYI box set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedHook said:

Another thing that makes AFD and UYI box sets dead in the water from day one,

is the fact that all the old demos leaked in real time way back in the late 80s/ early 90s.

 

Guns n Roses was by far the most bootlegged band of their generation.

Fans have had all these demos for 30+ years.

 

R-3482554-1462024310-6026.jpeg.jpg.0ca168bb475202b09ef558823c370992.jpg

 

I had the Lies demos,

November Rain, Don't Cry on Vinyl in 1987.

Along with everything else as it was recorded.

 

Back in the day you could buy all this stuff along with VHS' tapes of Live at the Roxy 1986 at local record stores that sold bootlegs.

 

The abundance of material from day 1 was one of the things that made GNR so great.

Unfortunatley the rest of the bands career has been quite the opposite of this. :lol:

 

1592040361_00FrontCover.jpg.a1a7625049151a14be4d89b6551abe02.jpg

yeah, I'm amongst those old timer "collectors" aswell, but it would nice to have these demos properly cleaned/remastered... anyway, most of those bootlegs are very low gen copies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Except rights to Crash Diet have been sold to these mediocre bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZ86iGCqtg

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYjaUW-Gxdc

let's face it: that song was only good because of Axl's vocals, otherwise it's a generic shit song

Axl did the right thing to sold the song to others...

 

Oh and West's sister have no place to forbid anything.... because the song was sold waaaay before West died

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

let's face it: that song was only good because of Axl's vocals, otherwise it's a generic shit song

Axl did the right thing to sold the song to others...

True.

Edit:

Asphalt Ballet's debut album with Gary Jeffries is quite good. The second one which includes Crash Diet sucks.

 

Drop of quality is noticeable both in terms of vocals and songwriting.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RedHook said:

 

Yes,

but its obviously not exclusive since its was releaaed by both the bands Wild Side, and Asphalt Ballet many years ago.

 

Word on the street was that Wes's sister owns the rights to all his music,

and since she blames GNR for his death, she will not under any curmustances let them release 'Crash Diet" on the UYI box set.

But they could "cover" it?

 

I was wondering how many AFD boxes were sold and if that tallied up to about the same profits as releasing a new record that sold 50k. 

 

Also who bought the boxset? Hardcore fans/ collectors or just anyone caught up in the Reunion buzz. 

 

I know AFD is their most famous album but was there an element of getting Steven and Izzy paid too? Or was it more the most merch friendly thing. Who really wanted to put that out? The band or the label. 

 

It just seems too fertile ground not to release a UYI boxset. Plus the legacy element. But just as early fans got all the demos, a lot of suburban soccer moms haven't the Nov Rain demo etc.

 

i kind of thought the box set was milking the collectors or completists. It only has to sell 5,000 copies to equal a cd release. But it must cost more to produce.

 

$1000 is like selling 100 cds at $10. If they sell 5,000 boxes it's like selling 500,000 records? 

No new cd is selling 500k.

 

They could just use Shotgun Blues as the single, I doubt casuals even remember that one. The Lost Illusions ep could promo it if they re-recorded. 

 

In the Zombie apocalypse who is gonna pay $999 for music. 99 cents is probably all people have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a band that didn't include one of their favorite bands,

Hanoi Rocks on The Spaghetti Incident,

because they didn't want guitarist Andy McCoy to make any royalties off the song writing cedit.

 

Even if they could legally do it,

I doubt they would want to include 

"Crash Diet" on a UYI Box,

and fill Wes's sisters pockets with cash,

when its well known that they do not get along.

 

Axl is not the kind of person to let go of grudges

 

 

 

As far as the UYI Box,

they have the "Ain't Goin' Down with Vocals" single ready to go.

 

Its a song that was only released as an Instrumental so far on the Data East Pin Ball Machine in 1994, and the 2018 AFD Box Set.

 

Its actually much more rare than "Shadow of Your Love" that was a B-side of the bands 1st single for "Its So Easy", and included on the "Live From the Jungle EP" 1988, and the "Live & Let Die" single B-side in 1991.

 

Ain't Goin' Down also got a good back story,

it was the last piece of original music GNR released before Slash n Duff quit.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedHook said:

This is a band that didn't include one of their favorite bands,

Hanoi Rocks on The Spaghetti Incident,

because they didn't want guitarist Andy McCoy to make any royalties off the song writing cedit.

 

Even if they could legally do it,

I doubt they would want to include 

"Crash Diet" on a UYI Box,

and fill Wes's sisters pockets with cash,

when its well known that they do not get along.

 

Axl is not the kind of person to let go of grudges

 

 

 

As far as the UYI Box,

they have the "Ain't Goin' Down with Vocals" single ready to go.

 

Its a song that was only released as an Instrumental so far on the Data East Pin Ball Machine in 1994, and the 2018 AFD Box Set.

 

Its actually much more rare than "Shadow of Your Love" that was a B-side of the bands 1st single for "Its So Easy", and included on the "Live From the Jungle EP" 1988, and the "Live & Let Die" single B-side in 1991.

 

Ain't Goin' Down also got a good back story,

it was the last piece of original music GNR released before Slash n Duff quit.

 

Where does "down by the ocean" fit in terms of when that was written?.

The lyrics are pretty shit, and should be changed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedHook said:

This is a band that didn't include one of their favorite bands,

Hanoi Rocks on The Spaghetti Incident,

because they didn't want guitarist Andy McCoy to make any royalties off the song writing cedit.

 

Even if they could legally do it,

I doubt they would want to include 

"Crash Diet" on a UYI Box,

and fill Wes's sisters pockets with cash,

when its well known that they do not get along.

 

Axl is not the kind of person to let go of grudges

 

 

 

As far as the UYI Box,

they have the "Ain't Goin' Down with Vocals" single ready to go.

 

Its a song that was only released as an Instrumental so far on the Data East Pin Ball Machine in 1994, and the 2018 AFD Box Set.

 

Its actually much more rare than "Shadow of Your Love" that was a B-side of the bands 1st single for "Its So Easy", and included on the "Live From the Jungle EP" 1988, and the "Live & Let Die" single B-side in 1991.

 

Ain't Goin' Down also got a good back story,

it was the last piece of original music GNR released before Slash n Duff quit.

 

I have no idea why the band couldnt have released the boxset and added "aint goin down" to the current setlist to promote the boxset and add a couple of other illusion era songs, DNB, bad obsession etc for promo to the setlist.

Except playing fuckin Whichita for the upteenth time.

They really are shit. Its no wonder Universal make MetallicA  the priority over Fatband. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sixes unmasked said:

I'm too lazy to look it up but what were all the b sides from the UYI singles?

 

From what I faintly remember, the Don't Cry single had a demo version as a b side....Yesterdays had a live Yesterdays which I believe was used for Live Era....and Live And Let Die had a live LALD....

 


KOHD from the Freddie Mercury concert.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, wasted said:

But they could "cover" it?

 

I was wondering how many AFD boxes were sold and if that tallied up to about the same profits as releasing a new record that sold 50k. 

 

Also who bought the boxset? Hardcore fans/ collectors or just anyone caught up in the Reunion buzz. 

 

I know AFD is their most famous album but was there an element of getting Steven and Izzy paid too? Or was it more the most merch friendly thing. Who really wanted to put that out? The band or the label. 

 

It just seems too fertile ground not to release a UYI boxset. Plus the legacy element. But just as early fans got all the demos, a lot of suburban soccer moms haven't the Nov Rain demo etc.

 

i kind of thought the box set was milking the collectors or completists. It only has to sell 5,000 copies to equal a cd release. But it must cost more to produce.

 

$1000 is like selling 100 cds at $10. If they sell 5,000 boxes it's like selling 500,000 records? 

No new cd is selling 500k.

 

They could just use Shotgun Blues as the single, I doubt casuals even remember that one. The Lost Illusions ep could promo it if they re-recorded. 

 

In the Zombie apocalypse who is gonna pay $999 for music. 99 cents is probably all people have. 

Quote

I was wondering how many AFD boxes were sold and if that tallied up to about the same profits as releasing a new record that sold 50k. 

new record requires effort from Axl, box set requires minimum effort mostly done by the fanbase/contractors for shit merch, printing etc.

 

Quote

Who really wanted to put that out? The band or the label. 

Neither. Fernando

Quote

It just seems too fertile ground not to release a UYI boxset.

Yeah, this is fucking unreal, but i'd bet my life on it that Ferdinando will say: "but you've got absuuuurd"

HAW

Quote

i kind of thought the box set was milking the collectors or completists.

At this point, they're milking the casuals with less than abysmal performances, go figure

Quote

$1000 is like selling 100 cds at $10. If they sell 5,000 boxes it's like selling 500,000 records? 

No new cd is selling 500k.

math is wrong because almost nobody in their right mind bought that shit at 1k

They had to lower the prices to even sell a few...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Budd Dwyer said:

new record requires effort from Axl, box set requires minimum effort mostly done by the fanbase/contractors for shit merch, printing etc.

 

Neither. Fernando

Yeah, thios is fucking unreal, but i'd bet my life on it that Ferdinando will say: "but you've got absuuuurd"

HAW

At this point, they're milking the casuals with less than abysmal performances, go figure

math is wrong because almost nobody in their right mind bought that shit at 1k

They had to lower the prices to even sell a few...

So how many did they sell at what price? 

 

I'm approxing cd sells 50k at $10 is $500,000. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...