Almost Official: Hard School Will Be Released

auad

On 11/2/2021 at 7:12 AM, RedHook said:

I see its #10 up from #12 last week.

Good to see it finally getting some traction,

hopefully if the song is successfull,

and it motivates the AFD3 to release more remixes.

File Sharing Is Crime, Click This Link To Learn More  

:ninja:

Bitrate is terrible (when it was probably aired) and why the fuck would somebody want to edit a not even 4 minute song to a radio version? No point, really

Besides, the slow Estrangedsque guitar solo is almost intact (which could have been trimmed) and they've cut out the bass intro lol

You can barely hear any backing vocals

Thx for posting

23 minutes ago, RedHook said:

This looks like The End.

They finally release 2 New-ish Songs.

But, the 1987 B-Side Re-Released in 2018 was a bigger hit than both of them. :lol:  

I don't see how this gives Geffen any confidence in new music from Guns N Roses.

Well, Shadow of Your Love is a great song. I think it's better than some of what ended up on AFD and should've been on there. In any case the band was in their prime and it's obvious in the energy of the track.

Whereas Absurd sounds like they spliced the instrumental and vocals from a pair of D-list Spaghetti Incident throwaways and didn't even bother to line them up. And Hard Skool is at best on par with a bottom tier UYI song.

Geffen would gladly release the album even if it stinks. Free money. They're not paying for the recording costs and the GnR name sells itself. The hold up is that Axl will expect the red carpet to be rolled out like it's 1991.  He doesn't realize they're just another washed up rock band that record labels don't invest much in these days 

4 hours ago, Billy Ripper said:

It finally made it to 2 million views on youtube, sitting on 3.1 million streams on spotify right now. It's beaten Absurd out nicely but that song was doomed to plateau quickly from the moment it was released.

ABSURD still has more views on YouTube than Hard Skool,

and I think ABSURD got to 2 million faster than Hard Skool.

By comparison, the new Slipknot single "Chapleton Rag" is just shy of

1 million views after just 1 day.

It took both ABSURD & Hard Skool over a month to get to 2 million.

3 hours ago, RedHook said:

This looks like The End.

They finally release 2 New-ish Songs.

But, the 1987 B-Side Re-Released in 2018 was a bigger hit than both of them. :lol:  

I don't see how this gives Geffen any confidence in new music from Guns N Roses.

Hard Skool is the musical equivalent of that mouldy potato chip you find in between couch cushions. You might take a bite out of curiosity but you aren’t gonna eat the whole thing. 

Do you think they spelled Skool this way in order to make people unconsciously think about Kool cigarettes and Skoal chewing tobacco? 

When the whole point of the reunion was & is purely fiscal I'm feeling pretty embarrassed I longed for a new album right now, I don't mind Absurd & Hard Skool but if that's it after have we have been given less than crumbs since TSI, the massive wait for CD, and now an almost identical wait for the follow up, I'm struggling to hold any positivity for a release before the end of this year and up to May 2022. 

On 11/2/2021 at 12:13 PM, Ragnar said:

Who cares about charts.

Axl.....this is the main reason he has released pretty much nothing in 30 years.He is afraid of what people will think of the new  songs/album ....he wants to be on top like he was with AFD/UYI and is very insecure of his music and its performance on the charts ,thats why he  record the songs  over and over gain for 20 fucking years HE CARES ABOUT THE CHARTS AND THE SALES 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Seriously cannot believe that the demo sounds far superior to the official release. In fact, the official release sounds shite in comparison. The mixing is shockingly bad.

Why can't you believe that. Its always been that way. Even with the UYI stuff and even the CD songs that leaked before the album were all better. 

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Seriously cannot believe that the demo sounds far superior to the official release. In fact, the official release sounds shite in comparison. The mixing is shockingly bad.

Why axl uses caram i have no idea. I think his recording methods are shit. You can tell Absurd is just a cut splice song, and it jumps in certain places. 

There would be a number of engineers in LA that could have probably done a better job. Interesting Axl insists on wanting to use Caram. Surprised slash didnt give the song to Elvis, constipators engineer, and said, can you put together a better version.

4 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

Why axl uses caram i have no idea. I think his recording methods are shit. You can tell Absurd is just a cut splice song, and it jumps in certain places. 

There would be a number of engineers in LA that could have probably done a better job. Interesting Axl insists on wanting to use Caram. Surprised slash didnt give the song to Elvis, constipators engineer, and said, can you put together a better version.

He seems to be unfailingly loyal to people who are loyal to him. Caram is shit but he seems to have stuck by Axl (probably sees him as a meal ticket) and so he has the dubious honour of mixing all the new material. Everyone else in the band is probably dying inside listening to it, I'm surprised the record company hasn't complained since Axl is nowhere near the superstar he was 30 years ago. maybe they thought a reunion single could do well, but after this reception they might step in. 

10 hours ago, RedHook said:

ABSURD still has more views on YouTube than Hard Skool,

and I think ABSURD got to 2 million faster than Hard Skool.

By comparison, the new Slipknot single "Chapleton Rag" is just shy of

1 million views after just 1 day.

It took both ABSURD & Hard Skool over a month to get to 2 million.

Slipknot are much better at marketing plus they have a more engaged youth audience. A shittily mixed song by a lazy legacy band that has been pieced together from decade-old sessions with lyrics that relate only to Axl isn't going to go over as well as a group who tour and record regularly and work hard to sell their t-shirts to teenagers at Hot Topic. GNR may (technically) have a bigger fanbase but they don't have the loyalty or interest in new material anymore as a whole. People are happy to listen to the old stuff and see them on tour, they probably see them as creatively spent.  

On 11/5/2021 at 9:43 PM, RedHook said:

Hard Skool finally cracked the Top 10 on Billboard Rock Airplay Chart.

If it can make it to #5 it will be as big of a hit as

Shadow of Your Love :lol: 

How the mightly have fallen

Screenshot_2021-11-05-16-39-19(1).thumb.png.083159a8d88c4f7e410b4f3106702236.png

Screenshot_2021-11-05-16-56-46(1)(1).thumb.png.648ad22ae8ffd179b97d4756228aef5f.png

On the Mediabase Rock Radio chart it slipped out of the Top 10 to #12,

but did get more plays than last week.

well, SOYL was a much better song than HArd School in any form

it's an old school GNR song

Besides, see that list?

Not a single talented band/artist in there...

Rock radios are shit to begin with

(just like GNR btw)

On 11/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, RedHook said:

Hard Skool finally cracked the Top 10 on Billboard Rock Airplay Chart.

If it can make it to #5 it will be as big of a hit as

Shadow of Your Love :lol: 

How the mightly have fallen

Screenshot_2021-11-05-16-39-19(1).thumb.png.083159a8d88c4f7e410b4f3106702236.png

Screenshot_2021-11-05-16-56-46(1)(1).thumb.png.648ad22ae8ffd179b97d4756228aef5f.png

On the Mediabase Rock Radio chart it slipped out of the Top 10 to #12,

but did get more plays than last week.

it still has a “bullet” (increase in spins)

on Mediabase, which is the important thing. It’ll recover and be fine.

9 hours ago, dave-gnfnr2k said:

Why can't you believe that. Its always been that way. Even with the UYI stuff and even the CD songs that leaked before the album were all better. 

Absolutely, and Hard Skool seems to have been mixed using the ‘loudness for loudness sake’ method. I played the song on my home system Friday night (first time other then via a smartphone for me) and I couldn’t believe how shite is sounded. And for some reason, Axl’s vocals seem distant and tinny which is not the case in the demo track. Somebody posted an audacity screenshot of the ‘loudness’ of the song not long after it was released - it looked like a solid block! It takes away any dynamics to the song that are present in the demo.

8 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

Still better than Rubin.

2 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

well, SOYL was a much better song than HArd School in any form

No, it's not.

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

Absolutely, and Hard Skool seems to have been mixed using the ‘loudness for loudness sake’ method. I played the song on my home system Friday night (first time other then via a smartphone for me) and I couldn’t believe how shite is sounded. And for some reason, Axl’s vocals seem distant and tinny which is not the case in the demo track. Somebody posted an audacity screenshot of the ‘loudness’ of the song not long after it was released - it looked like a solid block! It takes away any dynamics to the song that are present in the demo.

It sucks that they tried to give them “the AFD treatment”, cause it just doesn’t work.

That was my fear when I first heard about the reunion: any new music that might get released will be a fucking pastiche of AFD. Trying to bring back the mullets and spandex. It’s so derivative and formulaic that there’s no other way to describe them: both songs suck.

HS is by far the worst, the intro is pure unadulterated cringe, the drums are absolute shit, and Slash’s guitar is subpar. The mixing is terrible, no dynamics, just a loud fat sausage waveform.

Absurd sucks too, awful choppy guitar work by Slash, stupid re-arrangement, repetitive, with no intro and no chorus.

It’s safe to say that anything they might release from now on is going to follow the same path of shit.