Jump to content

Almost Official: Hard School Will Be Released


auad
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Norespect said:

@Bandonox Slash are Duff are the Paychex are they?.. What do you think the Nuguns line up was there for? You dumb fuck. 

The band members may have wanted, hoped, or discussed newgnr of being a totally new sounding and new band from the old GNR. Focusing on new music and not playing the old stuff. This from reading onto old online chats was BH position.

Axl wanted to keep playing the old stuff to bring the older lineup fans around.

I agreed with BH approach, and its criminal how Axl let all these guys go who were good musicians,  because he may have been to afraid to let GNR be a new band from the ground up. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

The band members may have wanted, hoped, or discussed newgnr of being a totally new sounding and new band from the old GNR. Focusing on new music and not playing the old stuff. This from reading onto old online chats was BH position.

Axl wanted to keep playing the old stuff to bring the older lineup fans around.

I agreed with BH approach, and its criminal how Axl let all these guys go who were good musicians,  because he may have been to afraid to let GNR be a new band from the ground up. 

 

If you remember Del, Tommy, maybe even Fortus have said they didn't want Bucket/Bumble in the band. Bucket was too weird and they wanted it more punk. And I think Fortus said they had the band set up good and didn't really want Ron. Do it wasn't just Axl, but Axl also wanted to have a Steve Vai guy and be more progressive.

 

Azoff tricked Axl to get rid of Finck because image wasn't GNR enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2021 at 4:43 PM, Donald Trump said:

Already feels like Hard Skool came and went. We need a Big Gun next. Time to put out The Rebel or Soul Monster. Something with cohesion. These hybrid songs don’t flow right.

They are cohesive. The only reason you dont think they are cohesive is because you got used to the different demo versions. Why can't you retards grasp this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reception to Hard Skool outside of the forum hardcore fans has been 99% positive.  In fact, the few negative comments are from GNR nerds like us who know the vocals are from 2000.  And that's really the only recurring gripe I've seen.

 

So, if no album is coming, and let's face it, it's probably not, then I'm glad at least the last studio release was a return to form for the band's legacy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sydney fan said:

Im not hearing any of these songs on radio in Aus at all. I thought hardschool would have been played on the FM commercial rock stations,like SOYL, but nope.

Same here in the U.S.  Brand new song and all they keep playing here are the same old GnR songs.  I get why Absurd wasn't played for obvious reasons but I really thought Hard Skool would at least get some spins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trumpy Bear said:

Same here in the U.S.  Brand new song and all they keep playing here are the same old GnR songs.  I get why Absurd wasn't played for obvious reasons but I really thought Hard Skool would at least get some spins.

Yep completely agree. Fatschool feels catchy, short track and just seems like SOYl, radio friendly. I thought it would be played on high rotation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Well shit, I guess we just weren't "cool" in Ohio in the 80s cause we never drew that on our notebooks. 

your one of the few people who I've ever come across from <50s who doesn't know or has ever seen, the Stussy symbol.

 

I dont know if you should be proud or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2021 at 5:31 AM, wasted said:

If you remember Del, Tommy, maybe even Fortus have said they didn't want Bucket/Bumble in the band. Bucket was too weird and they wanted it more punk. And I think Fortus said they had the band set up good and didn't really want Ron. Do it wasn't just Axl, but Axl also wanted to have a Steve Vai guy and be more progressive.

 

Azoff tricked Axl to get rid of Finck because image wasn't GNR enough. 

Azoff/Finck bs had nothing to do with image. Azoff was brought in to do one thing: reunite the old band.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tremolo said:

Azoff/Finck bs had nothing to do with image. Azoff was brought in to do one thing: reunite the old band.

That was the reason he used or something but he got rid of Finck to get Slash, but Axl got Ashba for the AsianInvasion Tour.

Didn't Azzof manage VR? 

But there was that whole Live Nation or Ticketmaster thing, where Azzof basically owned the rock industry because it was all about bands that tour.   I remember something about a GNR/Van Halen tour Azoff dangled. Never happened.

 And he pretended to listen to Axl's CD marketing plans. But he dropped everything once CD was released and suggested a Slash tour.

Shacklers/Rock band was the band's idea and If the World was some contact to Ridley Scott.

The Chi dem single was record company thing, Better SOD were promo singles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...