Almost Official: Hard School Will Be Released

auad

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Tremolo said:

I’ve given this new version a couple more spins and while i still prefer the leaked version, this one isn’t that bad, but the intro is still shit, and the drums drag the song down so much. Listen to the leak, those drums are tight and they breathe, great dynamics, the snare rolls build up nicely… it makes the song organic. The turd drum track they chose for the new version is horrible, flat, the tone doesn’t fit the rest of the mix… a big drop in quality for the whole song.

Who is the producer? And the mixing engineer? Do we have the official credits for Absurd and Hardskool? There are some choices that don’t make any sense, specially when these are the 1st songs released since the “reunion”… some stuff here reeks of feijoada and pão de queijo.

is it frank on drums on the new version. I have only listened to it twice since I dont like this version 

56 minutes ago, my name is bacdi said:

So Axl, Slash and Duff release a kick ass rock song with rasp that's being lauded all over the world and you're all mad about... mixing and not enough bendy squeal notes in the Slash solo.

What the fuck is wrong with yall

They had to play it cool…

58 minutes ago, my name is bacdi said:

So Axl, Slash and Duff release a kick ass rock song with rasp that's being lauded all over the world and you're all mad about... mixing and not enough bendy squeal notes in the Slash solo.

What the fuck is wrong with yall

Get where you're coming from but after one record in 30 years that most fans hate, Axl would have to come back with a free show where he personally delivers pizza to all the fans and then announces an Illusions 3 triple record with half untouched Chinese Part 2 and the rest all new Slash songs. 

13 minutes ago, GUNNER said:

His accent isnt irish enough, uh?

Axl needs to eat more potatoes. 

Nah I just find it hard to make out what the hell he is saying in parts. 

I like the track though. The mixing and vocals are nitpicking from me, I just think they could be better but Jesus I'll take this over half the shit on Chinese Democracy anyday. 

I mean, it is the most GNR sounding song in decades 

I still think its hillarious that they had to ingnore that the song was released last night on stage.

Unlike "Absurd" where the debuted it live, and released the single a couple days later.

With "Hard Skool" they had to debut the recorded version first,

cuz they are scared of what Fat Axl will sound like trying to sing it live.  :rofl-lol:

516834557_axlclosed.jpg.b1bf3f381d0de865e2b7c152b028260c.jpg

image0(1)(1).png.d1f1ac0def26265f007859c24286b6b6.png

I hope we get a better video then the repeating locker graphic thing.

(anybody tried the phone number on the locker?

its supposed to be an actual party line)

I was checking out the bands YouTube today and SOYL Tour Lyric video, and the MTTC acoustic lyric video are both 100× better than the Absurd & Hard Skool videos.

Out of the 4 videos,

the Hard Skool one is by far the weakest, at least the Absurd one is sort of a video.

Hard Skool should at least have a good lyric video uploaded.