Almost Official: Hard School Will Be Released

auad

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The way it alters key with Slash soloing over the top is very Guns N' Roses. 

And the way the band end the song synonymously (including Rose's vocal). That is very Guns; you hear that on a few songs on Illusion.

UYI has a lot moments of perfection. HS and ABSURD are just a mess with Duff and Slash trying to fix it with sending in their recorded parts... 

Just listen to Queens You dont fool me, if you want to hear a perfectly mixed song, which was actually just a snippet patchwork. HS had Potential, but they failed once again. 

2 hours ago, MacDaddyRose said:

Wonder if they had to use Brain on drums on this one too, despite Flonk Ferrero being in this turd of a band for two decades 

Freese is on the Village Sessions release - it's dated November 2001 and Brain had just joined the month before. Brain at that point was playing everything exactly the same as Josh, per Axl's request.

The drums on this are mediocre and serviceable - that's Frank's entire M.O.

3 minutes ago, yourolympichero said:

Freese is on the Village Sessions release - it's dated November 2001 and Brain had just joined the month before. Brain at that point was playing everything exactly the same as Josh, per Axl's request.

The drums on this are mediocre and serviceable - that's Frank's entire M.O.

thanks downzy , now go take some photos

49 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Umm you don't  hear the eye on you  yeah yeah. That's new. Eat shit.

I was just kidding. I know you were right

about new lyrics too. Caram Costanzo just changed them with his magic brazlillian mixing alchemy to their previous form just how he turned „semen” into „demons” 

fucking caram

Feels like GNR went from overthinking/tinkering with songs to now where they just accept any re-recordings as long as its Slash & Duff? 

Much prefer the demo, but is still far far better than Silkworms. So progress I guess? ?‍♂️

"you know what this is missing? Those 'yeah yeah' bits from that other track" 

"ye?" ?

"definitely" 

So I work in a pub. Got sent a link tonight by my favourite cantankerous shitposter. Listened whilst I had a fag break. Thought ok, anything is better than Aturd. Shut the doors at 12, cranked the stereo up. Focus group of 8 regulars, all big rock/metal fans, one broad is mates with Tony Iommi, several musicians. I explained the village, Chinese, current band history. Played the new version. Toe tapping, head nodding, comments that's its alright, not bad. Then I played the village version. After less than a minute literally everyone was into it, said this is way better. During the breakdown they were fucking moving around and loving it and everyone popped for the false finish. 

If it was fresh and hasn't been floating around for so long in various stages of completion, I think opinions would be a little more favorable. It's not a bad rock song. Better structure, more radio friendly than "absurd."

I think the initial reactions from most of us who have been here through all the shit over the years is the fact that Axl continues to insult our intelligence by rehashing songs with 20 year old vocals. 

I still maintain we are never getting a newly recorded Axl Rose vocal. Everything we get is gonna be off the Chinese democracy scrap heap. 

On headphones I could almost hear too much, it's like a haunted house fairground ride. Things keep popping up. It feels like a nostalgic remake of AFD with modern technology. All the parts are there but there's also a lot going on. A lot jump scares. 

But then I played through my phone speaker and it sounds more cohesive. I found that with AFD even UYI and a lot of early 90s rock, it sounds too simple on headphones, but great on the radio or in the car. 

There's the intro bass riff

Slash solo

Axl's emotive vulnerable verses

Then huge burst of rasp

Then there's the Yeah yeah interlude

A little rant outro

I think it will do the business for them because it sounds like old AFD era GNR, it has those parts that people latch on to. That's very GNR to me. 

Axl's vocal, drums, guitars, bass are clear. 

On headphones it almost sounds too basic but on speakers sounds big and dynamic yet streamlined. 

It builds up and finishes well, doesn't bore anyone. Clear and catchy on first listen with recognizable personalities of the band. 

A little 80s pop rock with the 90s hard rock in there makes sense. Definitely not the UYI/VR cookie cutter version I expected. 

It has elements from all eras of GNR, you can hear what you want to. 

28 minutes ago, JordanRose said:

So I work in a pub. Got sent a link tonight by my favourite cantankerous shitposter. Listened whilst I had a fag break. Thought ok, anything is better than Aturd. Shut the doors at 12, cranked the stereo up. Focus group of 8 regulars, all big rock/metal fans, one broad is mates with Tony Iommi, several musicians. I explained the village, Chinese, current band history. Played the new version. Toe tapping, head nodding, comments that's its alright, not bad. Then I played the village version. After less than a minute literally everyone was into it, said this is way better. During the breakdown they were fucking moving around and loving it and everyone popped for the false finish. 

were the kids dancing in the hallways on the way to class?

30 minutes ago, JordanRose said:

Absolute horseshit. Fuck off

6 hours ago, Wilco said:

Verses/Chorus Guitars: BBF? Finck? Tobias?

Solo 1: Slash

Solo 2 1st half: Fortus

Solo 2 2nd half: Slash

Bridge: Fortus

Ending solo: Fortus

Ending licks (3:13-onward): BBF

How much of this is new or re-recorded?  The vocals aren't so the song remains the same but did Slash and Duff add or replace parts in a version which had Frank and Fortus? 

4 hours ago, MacDaddyRose said:

All tacos ate

Not a shit was taken

No laxative could save my gastro tract

All off my plate

I would not hesitate 

To extend my belt, and order dessert

So you had to play it cool, had to order one plate 

Had to be a fool had to throw it all away

Too hard stool, and you thought I was constipated 

If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway 

Probably will be the best post on this thread after todays performance

Axl sounds horrible so far, even the band....

http://www.facebook.com/dorihanjurado/videos/2055543287929724/

(Posted for posterity of a live version of the band the same day as the release....)

I kind of liked the intro to the demo. But without keeps with punchy style of Absurd. 

Seems like Absurd is the opener and then straight into Hard Skool. 

Are they releasing the album one track at a time? Or is this part of the ep. 

They should put out Oklhoma/Berlin next. 

If the album opens with 5 of these bouncy little numbers it will be a fun energetic time.  

1 hour ago, GeraldineBailey said:

I was just kidding. I know you were right

about new lyrics too. Caram Costanzo just changed them with his magic brazlillian mixing alchemy to their previous form just how he turned „semen” into „demons” 

fucking caram

I was just fucking around