Jump to content

Locomotive is a masterpiece


Fat Monkey
 Share

Recommended Posts

TOOL became boring crap, and I admit that.

 

Salival, Lateralus, 10000 Days and Fear Inoculum are all comprised of mostly just one indistinguishable continuous loop of the same guitar sounds and drums repeated over and over and over infinitely.  That includes their cover of "No Quarter" which bears so little resemblance to the original it just sounds like mush.

 

Aenima, however, remains an absolute masterpiece that can be listened to straight through and never gets boring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

TOOL became boring crap, and I admit that.

 

Salival, Lateralus, 10000 Days and Fear Inoculum are all comprised of mostly just one indistinguishable continuous loop of the same guitar sounds and drums repeated over and over and over infinitely.  That includes their cover of "No Quarter" which bears so little resemblance to the original it just sounds like mush.

 

Aenima, however, remains an absolute masterpiece that can be listened to straight through and never gets boring.

Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus are where TOOL are at. 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum should be forgotten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah.  Completely forgettable.  Even worse than Chinese Democracy....at least everyone likes a few songs off CD.   Fear Inoculum is just 80 minutes of wanking off.  Not a single memorable moment.   What was it...13, 14 year wait for that album?

 

I like about half of Lateralus and half of 10,000 Days.  But the long droning wanking numbers do nothing for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Frans N' Roses said:

Actually the live audience recording from Mountain View 1991 is the most precious thing i own, it's so damn fuckin' great.

 

a few years ago i cutted up Indiana proshot and tried to make a live video for that song, i spend three full days on it and made about 100 cuts desperately trying to make it look synch. Which isn't even possible but still i'm very happy how it turned out. Just noticed someone ripped and uploaded it on his yt page so the original has better quality but if any1 wants to see it here it is.
 

 

 

I've heard a remastered version of this bootleg and the bass and drums sounded WAAAY better and the recording got cleaned up a bit (it was only audio)

 

It was a brazilian upload but i've lost the file since then...

If you know that version, please share it with me

That's one of my all time fav live Guns recording ever and the best Locomotive ever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, sixes unmasked said:

I had seen GNR on a Friday the 13th in 1991 and they played both Locomotive and Breakdown. Unfortunately, I don't remember a thing about either performance

That was a great show with a rare setlist

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1991/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-5bd6c724.html

image.thumb.png.a97b3f7d9abaef492337383bc1ab0299.png

Those weeks were definitive for the band... you really got them in their prime before they went to cringe territory with the NR video period...

image.thumb.png.52ce8ae1548c56e87988a99b7a818df1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Yeah.  Completely forgettable.  Even worse than Chinese Democracy....at least everyone likes a few songs off CD.   Fear Inoculum is just 80 minutes of wanking off.  Not a single memorable moment.   What was it...13, 14 year wait for that album?

 

I like about half of Lateralus and half of 10,000 Days.  But the long droning wanking numbers do nothing for me.

That's a big fucking bullshit and i've said this as a Tool fan since 1993...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

I've heard a remastered version of this bootleg and the bass and drums sounded WAAAY better and the recording got cleaned up a bit (it was only audio)

 

It was a brazilian upload but i've lost the file since then...

If you know that version, please share it with me

That's one of my all time fav live Guns recording ever and the best Locomotive ever


It's essentionally the best 10 minutes of GnR ever to be captured.
My original video had better audio too but this guy ripped it from my youtube and reuploaded it so it got bitraped twice.
I know the yt video you mean, there was also a hidden Jap account with the full gig audio only on YT which was also killer, i should have em both somewhere.
This gig was also on the list of stuff Robert John filmed and tries to sell for over a decade now. He wanted 100K for the whole lot, so i asked for this song only and he said 1k a minute.
So i told him to fuck off and take it to  his grave.
He also had another Locomotive on his list, one "we" didn't even knew it existed / was played.
This was @ 1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA 2nd night.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Frans N' Roses said:


It's essentionally the best 10 minutes of GnR ever to be captured.
My original video had better audio too but this guy ripped it from my youtube and reuploaded it so it got bitraped twice.
I know the yt video you mean, there was also a hidden Jap account with the full gig audio only on YT which was also killer, i should have em both somewhere.
This gig was also on the list of stuff Robert John filmed and tries to sell for over a decade now. He wanted 100K for the whole lot, so i asked for this song only and he said 1k a minute.
So i told him to fuck off and take it to  his grave.
He also had another Locomotive on his list, one "we" didn't even knew it existed / was played.
This was @ 1991.07.09 - Starplex Amphitheatre, Dallas, USA 2nd night.
 

 

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Never knew the Starplex one, cool info

 

Also

Quote

This gig was also on the list of stuff Robert John filmed and tries to sell for over a decade now. He wanted 100K for the whole lot, so i asked for this song only and he said 1k a minute.

1 grand for a fucking MINUTE? He is out of his mind...this faggot should have been sued by Axl a long time ago...

whereas Canter is afraid to share his vault, this fucker goes out and demands a 100K for his vault? he is an idiot for business... i'd pay a 100 bucks for a specifical song, but a grand for a minute? What he'd give me a blowjob after i've listened to it or what?

Even portuguese hoarders aren't that greedy

 

Anyway, thanks for the info, there a LOT more out there than it seems, still after 30 years....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 1:36 PM, Frans N' Roses said:

Actually the live audience recording from Mountain View 1991 is the most precious thing i own, it's so damn fuckin' great.

 

a few years ago i cutted up Indiana proshot and tried to make a live video for that song, i spend three full days on it and made about 100 cuts desperately trying to make it look synch. Which isn't even possible but still i'm very happy how it turned out. Just noticed someone ripped and uploaded it on his yt page so the original has better quality but if any1 wants to see it here it is.
 

 

 

 

 

Is this shows soundboard available now since this is a proshot?  I always just had the live fan recording.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, EstrangedTWAT said:

Remember like a decade ago we did the GNFNR cover of it that Evader mixed?   Good times, good times....

That was a learning experience. Messed up a few different things, and never could master worth a damn. Specifically though, for that track, I owe Conor an apology. Sorry dude. You probably remember exactly what I fucked up. There's a few other parts I screwed up on that and other tracks as well. Still occasionally enjoy listening to all of them though. I really enjoyed working with you guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...