Locomotive is a masterpiece

Monkey

17 hours ago, Fat Monkey said:

I did a top 25 GNR song list for laughs

Better was 3

This was 8

Oh My God was 14

Sweet Child was 24 because its garbage

I think I posted my top ten like eleven years ago when JB opened the site.  Pretty sure I had this song in the top five.  My list hasn't changed, whatever it was, but of the stuff we've heard since then I only consider "Atlas" any good, but it's not top ten good.

9 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

I find it interesting the band still want to play NR and SCOM about a chick axl went to court over. Have no idea why they would play it when im sure there is no emotional connection to the song. 

How about the fact that a chick that testified against Axl in that very same court case and called him a "pig" is now watching him from the side of the stage every night and posting pics cause she's a thirsty instagram whore and , and even all the gravy in Slash's biceps will never slake that thirst?

4 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

He was high off his skull when he recorded it. "Love's so strange" becomes tad grating towards the end.

Just a reminder......the reason why UYI had so many weird stupid effects and noises added to it long after the rest of the band was finished with it:

Axl.jpg

And you KNOW that shit was diggity dank as fuuuuuck, too.

7 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

I think I posted my top ten like eleven years ago when JB opened the site.  Pretty sure I had this song in the top five.  My list hasn't changed, whatever it was, but of the stuff we've heard since then I only consider "Atlas" any good, but it's not top ten good.

How about the fact that a chick that testified against Axl in that very same court case and called him a "pig" is now watching him from the side of the stage every night and posting pics cause she's a thirsty instagram whore and , and even all the gravy in Slash's biceps will never slake that thirst?

Yep always wondered if that has ever come up in conversation. Fuckin weird. She has a real little girl voice that would grate on me after a while.

3 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Just a reminder......the reason why UYI had so many weird stupid effects and noises added to it long after the rest of the band was finished with it:

Axl.jpg

And you KNOW that shit was diggity dank as fuuuuuck, too.

Weed to smoke - Steph Seymour to fuck. I can't say I don't envy him.

18 hours ago, sixes unmasked said:

I don't think there are 25 GNR songs that I like at this point

Yep. I normally don't let external stuff affect how much I like a band. For example, Trent Reznor is a huge progressist cuck who hates his neighbors because they want to go back to normal, but I still love NIN.

Hell, it's hard to find any artist who is not an annoying leftist.

But with GNR, things are different. The band and its members are so pathetic, it affected how I enjoyed the songs.

I still enjoy listening to SCOM or WTTJ during a bbq with my friends and such but I simply won't waste my time listening to them on my own.

12 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

I find it interesting the band still want to play NR and SCOM about a chick axl went to court over. Have no idea why they would play it when im sure there is no emotional connection to the song. 

because both songs are their biggest hits sadly, they HAVE to play it, because NPC wouldn't buy a ticket after a while

On 8/31/2021 at 4:02 PM, wasted said:

Loco is like GNR's Achilles Last Stand. 

GNR's No Quarter is coming to a drive thru near you. 

@wasted Could "Sorry" be GNR's No Quarter? The spacey start before it finally explodes into a fiery, mid-tempo song. It always struck me as more Floydian, but now that you mention a GNR equivalent of No Quarter I can see it as fulfilling that role. 

49 minutes ago, Billy Ripper said:

@wasted Could "Sorry" be GNR's No Quarter? The spacey start before it finally explodes into a fiery, mid-tempo song. It always struck me as more Floydian, but now that you mention a GNR equivalent of No Quarter I can see it as fulfilling that role. 

I see Sorry more like Floyd  in Chains but I see what you mean about the atmosphere. That Ancient Alien technology thing Zepp had could come through on a piano riff instrumental like Circus. 

Locomotive is one of Slash's best moments.  Axl does a great job on the vocals to me.  Back in the day when I read the Izzy quote about UYI being all "Les Pauls and Marshalls" with his guitar down in the mix I assumed Locomotive was on of the songs he was talking about.  Slash doesn't really write stuff like Locomotive or Coma anymore.... maybe the dope did help.