Absurd Single Discussion

Haters Gonna Hate

19 minutes ago, creed said:

CD is not a guns n roses Album for many many reasons. As mentioned so many times. Imagine McCartney firing all Beatles except him and doing a progressive album. Fans and media would have hated him. 

This should have been always an Axl solo thing. CD never sounded like a real band thing. And i never understood the Axl supporters, since even Brain said that he played Freese's stuff note for note. 

Arguing about semantics in 2021 :lol::facepalm:

21 hours ago, ritz snare said:

God Slash fucking sucks on this track live.  Yeeesh, he must be bitter as fuck.  It's not such a bad song, Saul.  I know your boss made you play it, but at least try to be a good gas station attendant and *try*. 

Mother of God... his playing is worse than Mickey.  All I can hear is "I hate this.  I hate this.  I hate this.  Make it stop.  Ooh money!  I hate this." 

i heard the live version first, so his runs on the studio song were a nice little surprise 

but to be fair, he kinda fucked it all up on Dead Horse, too... you think he hates Dead Horse?! 

but yeah... he probably hates Absurd 

i just think he hates playing with Frank, more than anything... Slash is dialed into the drums, man. He knows drum tone, how he wants them hit, the meter and vibe he wants... and he had zero input. I'm not a huge drum guy... but Franks drumming just thuds along... his tone blows... I know it's cliche at this point to say. And I bet he is a super nice and great person.

it'd be way better with Fitzy... 

NITL rocket queen feels like it's being played in mud 

56 minutes ago, Ant000 said:

i heard the live version first, so his runs on the studio song were a nice little surprise 

but to be fair, he kinda fucked it all up on Dead Horse, too... you think he hates Dead Horse?! 

but yeah... he probably hates Absurd 

i just think he hates playing with Frank, more than anything... Slash is dialed into the drums, man. He knows drum tone, how he wants them hit, the meter and vibe he wants... and he had zero input. I'm not a huge drum guy... but Franks drumming just thuds along... his tone blows... I know it's cliche at this point to say. And I bet he is a super nice and great person.

it'd be way better with Fitzy... 

NITL rocket queen feels like it's being played in mud 

I’ve always been amused by the Frank hate. He was never hated before Slash joined back (or atleast I can’t remember people bitching about him as much as they do now)

I think he’s fine and probably 80% of the shit he gets is because people would rather just see Steven or Matt back on the kit. 

On 8/14/2021 at 12:58 AM, BucketSlash said:

The facts are the 40 to 50 + year old guns fans won't like it or get it. So yeah its something more inclined to someone that is younger who knows and understands what all the sub genres are about and can appreciate that

The facts are that even younger fans won't like it, because it's a shit song with Axl saying, (not even yelling) the word Absurd over and over and have ZERO memorable guitar parts

Btw most of us have far more broader musical taste than your shitty generation, so get fucked CumbucketSLash

22 hours ago, ritz snare said:

God Slash fucking sucks on this track live.  Yeeesh, he must be bitter as fuck.  It's not such a bad song, Saul.  I know your boss made you play it, but at least try to be a good gas station attendant and *try*. 

Mother of God... his playing is worse than Mickey.  All I can hear is "I hate this.  I hate this.  I hate this.  Make it stop.  Ooh money!  I hate this." 

if we take out your usual Slash bashing (because you almost never make fun of Axl only about Slash and basically doing it to annoy "certain people" and you actually think you are doing it right lol), you're right

Slash fucking sucks on this track, his worst moments on stage when they play this shit song, but even then, his playing fucking sucks, that's true

PS: he is also fat, but mostly he can play his instrument so it doesn't really matter that much

But in Absurd, his playing is horrid

52 minutes ago, mickey mouse said:

I’ve always been amused by the Frank hate. He was never hated before Slash joined back (or atleast I can’t remember people bitching about him as much as they do now)

I think he’s fine and probably 80% of the shit he gets is because people would rather just see Steven or Matt back on the kit. 

Because Frank used to play in a normal tempo back then

46 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

if we take out your usual Slash bashing (because you almost never make fun of Axl only about Slash and basically doing it to annoy "certain people" and you actually think you are doing it right lol), you're right

Slash fucking sucks on this track, his worst moments on stage when they play this shit song, but even then, his playing fucking sucks, that's true

PS: he is also fat, but mostly he can play his instrument so it doesn't really matter that much

But in Absurd, his playing is horrid

You can't stop me.  I can say whatever the fuck I want, and you can't censor me.  Why don't you go back to mygnr where you belong.  You can snitch on people over there and gloat over getting them suspended and their posts removed.  Here, you can't touch me.  All you can do is follow me around, quoting my posts and telling me how I'm "doing it wrong," along with your usual gimmick of making up gigantic strawmen logical fallacies that you can argue and "win" against.  Pathetic. 

This is me, stepping on you like the soft stinky pile of shit that you are. 

What, do you think Slash is reading these boards and is going to make you his next fluffer?  :lol:

1 hour ago, mickey mouse said:

oh you're amused? you're fucking amused? just reclining back in your chair and letting it wash over you?

i just A/B'd Rocket Queen, it's a huge difference

Frank's RQ has no shimmy, no snap, no shake. it thuds.

it's like the song is fat now.

but who.gives.a.fuck.

5 minutes ago, Ant000 said:

oh you're amused? you're fucking amused? just reclining back in your chair and letting it wash over you?

i just A/B'd Rocket Queen, it's a huge difference

Frank's RQ has no shimmy, no snap, no shake. it thuds.

it's like the song is fat now.

but who.gives.a.fuck.

Ya but who the fuck cares anymore in 2021? Nobody is going to see GN’R on the reunion tour because they think the music sounds good ??‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, mickey mouse said:

You are so full of crap. everyone was always hating frank sayign they wanted Brain back ever since he replaced brain. 

Its laughable you are claiming the Frank hate just started. 

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

The facts are that even younger fans won't like it, because it's a shit song with Axl saying, (not even yelling) the word Absurd over and over and have ZERO memorable guitar parts

Btw most of us have far more broader musical taste than your shitty generation, so get fucked CumbucketSLash

Are you that old Budd? Always got the impression you were a 12 year old. I'm surprised you made it to middle age without getting yourself run over. 

1 hour ago, ritz snare said:

You can't stop me.  I can say whatever the fuck I want, and you can't censor me.  Why don't you go back to mygnr where you belong.  You can snitch on people over there and gloat over getting them suspended and their posts removed.  Here, you can't touch me.  All you can do is follow me around, quoting my posts and telling me how I'm "doing it wrong," along with your usual gimmick of making up gigantic strawmen logical fallacies that you can argue and "win" against.  Pathetic. 

What, do you think Slash is reading these boards and is going to make you his next fluffer?  :lol:

What makes you think i'd want to censor you lol

I don't really give a shit about you, you are just repetitive with your Slash aguments, that's all. Not a big deal

Belong to mygnr? It was YOUR place before, no?

You can snitch on people over there and gloat over getting them suspended and their posts removed. 

The fuck are you talking about? Is this some sort of an attempt to "troll me" like Miser trolling with the "shotgun to the head" idea? lol

Btw bring in the proof for your claim or this is a "libel" in the forum world. I was banned from gyno 5 years ago. I despise them, why the fuck would i want anyone getting suspended or their posts removed? This is serious business for you, to spread fake news and allegations? Anyway put your money where your mouth is and bring proof

If you don't, then it just shows how much of a pathetic liar you are

All you can do is follow me around, quoting my posts and telling me how I'm "doing it wrong,

If i remember correctly, i'm usually quoting you once or twice in a year and hardly have any interaction with you, because you have a hard on for me, for unknown reasons (maybe because in your eyes, i'm a "Slash fan" or something which isn't even remote true, especially not in 2021 fucking lol)

our usual gimmick of making up gigantic strawmen logical fallacies that you can argue and "win" against. 

Says the guy who only posts about Slash's moobs and spreading fake (and unfunny) bullshit most of the time about some fat rockstar?

Lol

Wow, you are even more angry than Ragnar. That's something to achieve

do you think Slash is reading these boards and is going to make you his next fluffer? 

He touched you down there when you were a kid or something?

You gave him WAAY way too much thinking, it makes people think he lives rent free in your head, now that's sad, bro

I think it's hilarious that i couldn't call you out on your bullshit without getting the same shit response from you just with a different lie/accusation

I guess we've checked this years interaction between you and me

Good luck with your future endeavours Mr. Grumpy Cat who has a hard on for me (and Slash)