Absurd Single Discussion

20 hours ago, Norespect said:

Look at this lad telling Axl fucking Rose how to write a song... 

it was a change for the worse.

The original structure was great. The song had a full chorus. I can’t wrap my head around some of these decisions.

I’m glad they released something, I’ve always liked the song. This version improved in some areas and it lost in others, but that’s just my personal taste.

10 minutes ago, sixes unmasked said:

I actually liked Silkworms. I was fully on board with that direction....Silkworms, Oh My God, Riad, Shackler's, the original Chinese Democracy, IRS pre over production, Madagascar.

Sign me the fuck up

Yeah the original demos were bad fucking ass. 

1 hour ago, creed said:

Axl probably wanted to go in this direction. But he totally missed it. The mixing, Pittman, Axl's voice,... So many bad decisions. 

I can definitely see Korn's influence on IRS so I think you're on to something. Do not understand how that band got somewhat big. Freak on a Leash is horrid. 

Surprised Axl never asked Linkin Park to open for him but by the time Linkin Park got big, Guns N' Roses was dead. 

Ironically Slash started to work with musicians Axl was taking notes from, despite the fact Slash didn't like the style of NuMetal.

1 hour ago, sixes unmasked said:

I actually liked Silkworms. I was fully on board with that direction....Silkworms, Oh My God, Riad, Shackler's, the original Chinese Democracy, IRS pre over production, Madagascar.

Sign me the fuck up

Same here. If they had released an album like that in the late 90s it would have been great. I liked the industrial/electronic direction. Give me more fucking layers (but properly mixed).

4 hours ago, BucketSlash said:

no kidding.

But the motive now is to depart from that in a lot of respects. Not totally but they definitely won't make a dad rock boomer friendly record. That generation won't really embrace it.

I would be what you would classify as boomer i suppose (mid 40s)

AFD/Illusions era.

Hated CD but liked the original versions as what was leaked in 2019 without the layers. You could hear how organic the songs were without the endless shit layers.

The CD should have been a renamed solo axl name, GNR were a band where all members where sum of their parts, not just one person.

Wish the band would remove SCOM and NR from the setlist. Can't see what the songs means to Axl after all this time.

The casuals who attended NITL have heard it, so the band should stop playing them.

I'm interested where the band head next, especially what the lyrics will be as to where they are as 60 year old men. 

I hope they lose the numetal shit.

slash said axl was into fads and this is what will be interesting how fresh or dated the songs will sound considering these are potentially 20 year old songs. 

God Slash fucking sucks on this track live.  Yeeesh, he must be bitter as fuck.  It's not such a bad song, Saul.  I know your boss made you play it, but at least try to be a good gas station attendant and *try*. 

Mother of God... his playing is worse than Mickey.  All I can hear is "I hate this.  I hate this.  I hate this.  Make it stop.  Ooh money!  I hate this." 

1 hour ago, Sydney fan said:

Yeah not very mature, sound like a high school band lyrics.

Ya along with My World. Sounds like a horny 14 year old wrote it 

Really, it’s kinda like if they released it’s so easy today. A 60 year old singing “turn around bitch, I got a use for you” is just absurd 

1 hour ago, Sydney fan said:

I would be what you would classify as boomer i suppose (mid 40s)

AFD/Illusions era.

Hated CD but liked the original versions as what was leaked in 2019 without the layers. You could hear how organic the songs were without the endless shit layers.

The CD should have been a renamed solo axl name, GNR were a band where all members where sum of their parts, not just one person.

Wish the band would remove SCOM and NR from the setlist. Can't see what the songs means to Axl after all this time.

The casuals who attended NITL have heard it, so the band should stop playing them.

I'm interested where the band head next, especially what the lyrics will be as to where they are as 60 year old men. 

I hope they lose the numetal shit.

slash said axl was into fads and this is what will be interesting how fresh or dated the songs will sound considering these are potentially 20 year old songs. 

That isn't "nu metal" ughhh

3 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

Lol, No.

I was all for Industrial/weird electronica album in 99-2002 but Silkworms is horrible.

It never should have made past the cutting floor.

1 hour ago, Ragnar said:

Lol, No.

I was all for Industrial/weird electronica album in 99-2002 but Silkworms is horrible.

It never should have made past the cutting floor.

CD is not a guns n roses Album for many many reasons. As mentioned so many times. Imagine McCartney firing all Beatles except him and doing a progressive album. Fans and media would have hated him. 

This should have been always an Axl solo thing. CD never sounded like a real band thing. And i never understood the Axl supporters, since even Brain said that he played Freese's stuff note for note. 

19 minutes ago, creed said:

CD is not a guns n roses Album for many many reasons. As mentioned so many times. Imagine McCartney firing all Beatles except him and doing a progressive album. Fans and media would have hated him. 

This should have been always an Axl solo thing. CD never sounded like a real band thing. And i never understood the Axl supporters, since even Brain said that he played Freese's stuff note for note. 

Arguing about semantics in 2021 :lol::facepalm:

20 hours ago, BucketSlash said:

The song is void of any chorus 

Axl even said they removed the chorus on the newer version when talking about the BBF version.

So even Axl said it was a chorus. Just admit you were wrong. But sure you know more than Axl on his own song

21 hours ago, ritz snare said:

God Slash fucking sucks on this track live.  Yeeesh, he must be bitter as fuck.  It's not such a bad song, Saul.  I know your boss made you play it, but at least try to be a good gas station attendant and *try*. 

Mother of God... his playing is worse than Mickey.  All I can hear is "I hate this.  I hate this.  I hate this.  Make it stop.  Ooh money!  I hate this." 

i heard the live version first, so his runs on the studio song were a nice little surprise 

but to be fair, he kinda fucked it all up on Dead Horse, too... you think he hates Dead Horse?! 

but yeah... he probably hates Absurd 

i just think he hates playing with Frank, more than anything... Slash is dialed into the drums, man. He knows drum tone, how he wants them hit, the meter and vibe he wants... and he had zero input. I'm not a huge drum guy... but Franks drumming just thuds along... his tone blows... I know it's cliche at this point to say. And I bet he is a super nice and great person.

it'd be way better with Fitzy... 

NITL rocket queen feels like it's being played in mud 

56 minutes ago, Ant000 said:

i heard the live version first, so his runs on the studio song were a nice little surprise 

but to be fair, he kinda fucked it all up on Dead Horse, too... you think he hates Dead Horse?! 

but yeah... he probably hates Absurd 

i just think he hates playing with Frank, more than anything... Slash is dialed into the drums, man. He knows drum tone, how he wants them hit, the meter and vibe he wants... and he had zero input. I'm not a huge drum guy... but Franks drumming just thuds along... his tone blows... I know it's cliche at this point to say. And I bet he is a super nice and great person.

it'd be way better with Fitzy... 

NITL rocket queen feels like it's being played in mud 

I’ve always been amused by the Frank hate. He was never hated before Slash joined back (or atleast I can’t remember people bitching about him as much as they do now)

I think he’s fine and probably 80% of the shit he gets is because people would rather just see Steven or Matt back on the kit.