Absurd Single Discussion

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

that's true though but what can you do with a bunch of pro tools licks?

That has nothing to do with their skills.

Axl had a fucked up way of working, and they had to adapt to that. The lack of material in any form (even full fleshed demos, the most basic version of any song) is on Axl. The guys did their part. And came up with good songs. Whether or not you consider that gnr is irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, dave-gnfnr2k said:

Duff is def on absurd.  Those bass lines in the new version were not on the BBF version.   Also we should hope Brain is on all of the next album tracks since Frank sucks.  Some people think its Bucket doing the tapping at the start of the song.  It could be Fortus but you are right they could also have Bucket, Finck, and Brain on the tracks with Slash and Duff

sometimes I think frank is only the tour drummer and brain is the studio one

cause they never made an official announcement of brain quiting the band and there's also that time on the chat that axl said that brain was still a part of the band

Just now, suiccidematt said:

cause they never made an official announcement of brain quiting the band and there's also that time on the chat that axl said that brain was still a part of the band

yeah exactly. I remember after Frank joined they said that Brain is still in the band like you said.  Hopefully Brain is on most of the songs because he is way better.  Maybe they will just do what they did on CD and give Frank one full song and keep brain on the rest.  All frank really did on the other CD songs was add some fills here and there that were not even needed 

5 minutes ago, dave-gnfnr2k said:

yeah exactly. I remember after Frank joined they said that Brain is still in the band like you said.  Hopefully Brain is on most of the songs because he is way better.  Maybe they will just do what they did on CD and give Frank one full song and keep brain on the rest.  All frank really did on the other CD songs was add some fills here and there that were not even needed 

hopefully is gonna be this!

honestly, although I like frank it would be better if they just bring brain back. his style of playing fits the band better

frank has a too soft hand

3 minutes ago, suiccidematt said:

hopefully is gonna be this!

honestly, although I like frank it would be better if they just bring brain back. his style of playing fits the band better

frank has a too soft hand

Franks tempo always seems to throw off the band too

1 hour ago, Budd Dwyer said:

How so?

Bach (the real one, not the glam metal poseur) will always be better than any guitarist lol. That's why they rip him off all the time

Btw those are just instrumentals which went nowhere, not even used on the big comeback album, gee i wonder why...

Curly Shuffle would have been an argument, but you actually forgot that to mention lol

it's a matter of taste, but you need actual "feel" to the guitars,  it's music 1*1, even a 12 year old can shred lol

TWAT is the closest to Anastasia when it comes to good playing though

Bach the "the glam metal poseur". Christ you are some fucking twat. Bach is a man possessing one of the best voices in the history of rock and sang on one of the greatest rock albums of the 90s - Slave to the Grind. What the fuck have you done with your life? You absolute cretin. 

26 minutes ago, suiccidematt said:

I think this too. He also works with Melissa. 

frank rerecorded a couple CD tracks though 

1 hour ago, Norespect said:

Bach the "the glam metal poseur". Christ you are some fucking twat. Bach is a man possessing one of the best voices in the history of rock and sang on one of the greatest rock albums of the 90s - Slave to the Grind. What the fuck have you done with your life? You absolute cretin. 

so you're trolling i see

Bach is a shadow of his former self (like most of his contemporaries) and i don't particularly like Skid Row either

Greatest rock albums of the 90's, gimme a break lol

which alt are you?

What the fuck have you done with your life? Y

Developing a better musical taste than yours lol

2 hours ago, dave-gnfnr2k said:

Duff is def on absurd.  Those bass lines in the new version were not on the BBF version.   Also we should hope Brain is on all of the next album tracks since Frank sucks.  Some people think its Bucket doing the tapping at the start of the song.  It could be Fortus but you are right they could also have Bucket, Finck, and Brain on the tracks with Slash and Duff

Duff also does some background vocals that replace synth in the earlier versions. I was wondering why the fuck he was at the mic during the live performances, but if you have decent headphones you can hear him doing a vocal take on what was a mid range synth previously.

Is that video on Youtube the one Axl said back in 2008 would be out in a week or so, "soon is the word"?  It's not like it was needed for any of those songs.

I have to admit, it would be entirely listenable if they threw out all that noise and just had Slash and Duff lead the other employees in a jam to recreate the same thing the way they do on stage.  As it is, what are they getting out of this?  I have no idea if either of them are even on the new release and Axl owns 100% of every single thing G'n'R has done since 1996 (all sixteen songs) so it's not like he'll share any credit with them.  It's not like it'll get played on radio or MTV anyway.

The point of a two-guitar rock band is one guy on lead, the other on rhythm.  Why the hell does Axl have any interest whatsoever on several guitarists all playing lead at once?  The whole thing is like he put in the maximum amount of effort all these years to create as little as possible and this song/video are what he has to show for it.

5 hours ago, Dr. Thunder said:

Duff also does some background vocals that replace synth in the earlier versions. I was wondering why the fuck he was at the mic during the live performances, but if you have decent headphones you can hear him doing a vocal take on what was a mid range synth previously.

Johnnny!!!!

AXXEEELL!!

1 hour ago, Doctor Dom said:

I think the instrumentation is fine but Axl's vocals turn the song into a fucking mess.

I think the lyrics need changing, the jump at the 25 second mark sounds shit. Its like a CD in a CD player has skipped.

It just sounds like a song any shit 90s numetal band would write. 

It's cool they finally released a "new" song, but this is kind of a dud. Repetitive lyrics with a pretty generic riff. I won't complain about it though, because I've personally written way worse songs than this. Not the biggest fan of the CD era either. I like the classic/UYI era hard rock. At least they didn't try to re-work Just Another Any Given Sunday.