Absurd Single Discussion

Guys Guys Guys! Can we like listen to the Radio or something. Look this thread is becoming heated... A few of you need to calm down and remember we are brothers... I know its not normal a new single has been released reworked or not, its only been a 13 year wait. Just so you guys know Uncle Frank's here in case you need a buddy... 

Releasing CD II with Slash and Duff would be great, because it will increase the chance we get a huge box set with all the Bucket, etc, versions of those same songs. 

If Axl is too lazy to make new music, a cool gimmick would be to do a double album. Release CD II, and then 6 months later re-issue Chinese Democracy but with Slash and Duff re-working the songs. Approach it like Let It Be Naked, where it's an alternate version of a famous (or in this case, infamous) album. If they can convince Axl to record vocals, put on one Velvet Revolver cover so that they can deflect from any accusations that they are just covering NU-GNR stuff because they are too lazy to make new songs as a band. 

I do think it will be interesting to hear some of the Chinese stuff stripped back to just straight up hard panned L/R with drums/vocals/bass/solos straight up the center and not layers and layers of shit hitting you from all angles with 4 guitarists on each channel. 

52 minutes ago, Dr. Thunder said:

I do think it will be interesting to hear some of the Chinese stuff stripped back to just straight up hard panned L/R with drums/vocals/bass/solos straight up the center and not layers and layers of shit hitting you from all angles with 4 guitarists on each channel. 

It will never be stripped back. It will be like Absurd, which is very similar to the Chinese Democracy stuff in terms of the sheer density of the music, except with Slash and Duff re-recording parts or adding riffs the same way Bumble did when he joined, and Monster Energy Drinks Presents DJ Ashba likely did on CD2. 

Maybe if they release a Chinese Leftovers album, and further waves of COVID making touring unsustainable, there will be pressure for them to do a back to roots album with Izzy and Adler. The narrative about Chinese Democracy was that Axl was a band dictator who hijacked the name to leverage his solo album, that it wasn't real Guns N' Roses. Now Slash and Duff are potentially releasing an album of songs from those sessions. There is a possibility that people might catch on to that irony, and the album, even if good, will be poorly received and get bad publicity.

The only place for them to go from that point is to make what would be perceived as an actual Guns N' Roses album. They need to start from scratch to do that, and they need Izzy and Adler to maximize the marketing angle. Add in the possibility of very limited touring due to additional waves of COVID, and it would make sense to have a proper reunion where they could charge celebrities and hardcores huge ticket prices to play in front of a smaller crowd with the original band, possibly with a new album at some point. 

Of course, this is Guns N' Roses, and all of the above predicates on Axl Rose being productive. Whether it is his fault, the fault of the label, or simply bad luck - even with a new song out the smart bet is always that nothing will happen.

3 minutes ago, gunsntortillas said:

It will never be stripped back. It will be like Absurd, which is very similar to the Chinese Democracy stuff in terms of the sheer density of the music, except with Slash and Duff re-recording parts or adding riffs the same way Bumble did when he joined, and Monster Energy Drinks Presents DJ Ashba likely did on CD2. 

Maybe if they release a Chinese Leftovers album, and further waves of COVID making touring unsustainable, there will be pressure for them to do a back to roots album with Izzy and Adler. The narrative about Chinese Democracy was that Axl was a band dictator who hijacked the name to leverage his solo album, that it wasn't real Guns N' Roses. Now Slash and Duff are potentially releasing an album of songs from those sessions. There is a possibility that people might catch on to that irony, and the album, even if good, will be poorly received and get bad publicity.

The only place for them to go from that point is to make what would be perceived as an actual Guns N' Roses album. They need to start from scratch to do that, and they need Izzy and Adler to maximize the marketing angle. Add in the possibility of very limited touring due to additional waves of COVID, and it would make sense to have a proper reunion where they could charge celebrities and hardcores huge ticket prices to play in front of a smaller crowd with the original band, possibly with a new album at some point. 

Of course, this is Guns N' Roses, and all of the above predicates on Axl Rose being productive. Whether it is his fault, the fault of the label, or simply bad luck - even with a new song out the smart bet is always that nothing will happen.

Absurd IS stripped back. It's just one guitar on each side, hard panned, with leads dead center. There is nothing on the released CD like that.

1 minute ago, Norespect said:

Hahahahaha.. You took the s out of "absurd" to make "a turd" because you dont like the song.. Hahaha hahaha.. What a comedic genius you are

Aturd is Aturd is Aturd. It is a more reflective description of how the vast majority of GNR fans feel about the song. Even the people who claim to like it sound as if they have talked themselves into it. You can tell because they try and describe some quality it has instead of simply saying this song fucking rocks or kicks ass. 

5 minutes ago, Norespect said:

Hahahahaha.. You took the s out of "absurd" to make "a turd" because you dont like the song.. Hahaha hahaha.. What a comedic genius you are

Well it's not created by me but yes i don't like it at all and would qualify it as industrial earcancer and even worse than a turd, unlike you who would even call a recorded axxl fart the next masterpiece!!

Just now, Frans N' Roses said:

Well it's not created by me but yes i don't like it at all and would qualify it as industrial earcancer and even worse than a turd, unlike you who would even call a recorded axxl fart the next masterpiece!!

Absurd rocks.. It's fucking great..aggressive as fuck.. Nice leads from Slash and fills from Duff.. I listen to every genre of rock and metal so I'm not getting why people think it sounds weird.. I don't know what the fuck you guys want.. But I'm guessing you'd whine no matter what the song sounded like. 

Even if you like this song, you can't with a straight face say it's "great." If it was great, why did your lord and savior Axl Rose sit on it for over 20 years? Probably rejected by every single producer. It's ok though, his mommy thinks it's cool.

Is that guy betas burner account? Fuck off.

4 hours ago, RedHook said:

Is this /jarmo?

or maybe Mojo

Either way

You are on the wrong forum buddy.

Mojo is too much of a nutswinging permavirgin to ever criticize Axl even remotely(talking about calling Axl in his prime a cunt)

55 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Makes me wonder what the supposed next GNR album would sound like and how long off the release it is, I mean I don't recall them releasing singles before CD came out apart from If The World on Body Of Lies, but it wasn't released as a single. 

CD was released as a single about a month (if I'm remembering right) before the full album.