We're really too hard on Axl/GN'R here.....

Wilco

Look,

I've been as critical as any over the years, and whatnot, but honestly....I get the desire all of us have for new music, and I get the frustration with things being the way they are in a lot of ways as far as touring is concerned or even down to things like Team Brazil's toxic relationship with the fanbase. I do get why it'd be frustrating and depressing.

I understand also the sense of disappointment in GN'R having such a small catalog (which is something I think Axl does agree with, cause he makes a sort of bitter remark about his small body of work in that China Exchange interview).

But I think a lot of the more mean spirited shit that is said here, I think it's just....it creates a sense of negativity or hostility that goes way beyond any reasonable critique. Like, yeah, being a GN'R fan is an exercise in machoism and disappointment. But it's kind of an exercise we as fans are choosing to involve ourselves in. Anyone who isn't new here kind of knows that being disappointed is part of the experience.

But just....a lot of the more hateful stuff is kinda, what good does it do? The relentless sense of bleakness, does it really get us anything, is it cathartic? I feel like it creates an environment that really is sort of like, a bummer, not just cause the band is a bummer, but because everyone is so bummed out on being bummed out and it kind of festers and filters among the userbase here, such that we could easily be considered an "Axl Rose/GN'R hate forum" when I know that's not the intent, deep down.

The fat memes? Most of us here are no prize specimens of humanity, physically, I'm sure. 

I just think it'd be nice if we could try to be less depressing all the time and if we're critical, be more constructively critical, be less like...Why should we stoop to TB's level of toxicity? All it's going to do is keep us blacklisted by them, for one, and secondly, it doesn't change their set position, it probably just reaffirms and hardens it. Like by being so hostile, we're proving their point as far as they're concerned - "Why bother giving anything to a group of people that hate you?" "Why bother doing anything when a whole gang of people are just gonna shit on whatever it may be?"

We're all here mostly because we are fans. I think we should try to appreciate the positives. Who could've ever imagined in 1990, say, that all of the AFD 5 would even still be alive in 2021? I mean, just that alone - that Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven and Matt, Dizzy etc are still around - it's amazing. Or even that, despite imploding in the mid 90s, that Axl, Slash and Duff did the impossible and reunited - let's be honest, as the years went by, did anyone really think they'd ever get back together? The limited discography they have is great, even though it's sadly limited.

It's a rock and a hard place, being a GN'R fan but rather than dwelling on the negative I wish we could more openly accentuate the positives. Or just, glorify in the good days that were, and the passable moments to come, rather than be angry about what is not - cause unfortunately, we can't change it.

I would respect Axl more if he respected us, but he doesn't. It is a two way street. 

I may not be the smartest man in the world, but I'm not completely stupid. I know his lack of intentions. If the man was honest and said he has no plans for new material at the time and just wanted to tour, I would be okay with that. Instead we get lies and empty promises from band mates and silence from Axl. 

The man is in the entertainment industry. The interest from fans is part of the trade. 

14 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Look,

I've been as critical as any over the years, and whatnot, but honestly....I get the desire all of us have for new music, and I get the frustration with things being the way they are in a lot of ways as far as touring is concerned or even down to things like Team Brazil's toxic relationship with the fanbase. I do get why it'd be frustrating and depressing.

I understand also the sense of disappointment in GN'R having such a small catalog (which is something I think Axl does agree with, cause he makes a sort of bitter remark about his small body of work in that China Exchange interview).

But I think a lot of the more mean spirited shit that is said here, I think it's just....it creates a sense of negativity or hostility that goes way beyond any reasonable critique. Like, yeah, being a GN'R fan is an exercise in machoism and disappointment. But it's kind of an exercise we as fans are choosing to involve ourselves in. Anyone who isn't new here kind of knows that being disappointed is part of the experience.

But just....a lot of the more hateful stuff is kinda, what good does it do? The relentless sense of bleakness, does it really get us anything, is it cathartic? I feel like it creates an environment that really is sort of like, a bummer, not just cause the band is a bummer, but because everyone is so bummed out on being bummed out and it kind of festers and filters among the userbase here, such that we could easily be considered an "Axl Rose/GN'R hate forum" when I know that's not the intent, deep down.

The fat memes? Most of us here are no prize specimens of humanity, physically, I'm sure. 

I just think it'd be nice if we could try to be less depressing all the time and if we're critical, be more constructively critical, be less like...Why should we stoop to TB's level of toxicity? All it's going to do is keep us blacklisted by them, for one, and secondly, it doesn't change their set position, it probably just reaffirms and hardens it. Like by being so hostile, we're proving their point as far as they're concerned - "Why bother giving anything to a group of people that hate you?" "Why bother doing anything when a whole gang of people are just gonna shit on whatever it may be?"

We're all here mostly because we are fans. I think we should try to appreciate the positives. Who could've ever imagined in 1990, say, that all of the AFD 5 would even still be alive in 2021? I mean, just that alone - that Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven and Matt, Dizzy etc are still around - it's amazing. Or even that, despite imploding in the mid 90s, that Axl, Slash and Duff did the impossible and reunited - let's be honest, as the years went by, did anyone really think they'd ever get back together? The limited discography they have is great, even though it's sadly limited.

It's a rock and a hard place, being a GN'R fan but rather than dwelling on the negative I wish we could more openly accentuate the positives. Or just, glorify in the good days that were, and the passable moments to come, rather than be angry about what is not - cause unfortunately, we can't change it.

Miser, the band can throw a bone to the fanbase in the same way other bands do anytime but they dont choose to. 

Actually ill retract that. Certain members of the band can throw a bone to the fanbase but they dont choose to.

Have you noticed that slash has a good medium with the fanbase that likes his shitty solo work?. Now ask why that same medium doesnt work with GNR?.

The best band i can think of is metallica who treat their fans in a respectful way. 

Its Axl and Axl only. Abetted by TB and the other hangers on.

Axl did certain media and online interviews during the latter Nuguns lineup. Even when DJ was in the band.  But the question is, is he willing to do interviews again if a new album is released?. What does GNR represent to him at this stage of his life?. Unfinished business and wanting to release new music and be a creative functioning band?., or just a dinosaur band that tour and milk the fanbase for however long.

We shit on the band. They deserve it especially for the youtube take downs.

1.Axl kind of brought the fat memes on himself by going full Streisand effect and literally trying to get the bloated pictures removed from the internet, not once, but twice, even after the first attempt was a PR disaster.

2.This place will stay blacklisted no matter what, look at the AFD podcast, which did nothing but suck TB's dick for years and got blacklisted anyway. Mygnr tried to have a positive relationship but got blacklisted because they wouldn't ban discussion of the leaks.

Miser from your posting history I know that you LOVE Axl and GNR.

I'd say deep down but it's blatantly obvious.

Do what's right for you.

When I bother to read your posts, lately I see a trend of you shit talking Axl a lot which comes across to me as you just doing what you think is "what's cool" around here.

As others have pointed out, kissing up to the blatantly twisted shitheads that run the entity that calls itself GNR these days won't get you anywhere anyway because THEY HAVE NOTHING BUT CONTEMPT FOR THE FANS.

DON'T GIVE THEM A RED FUCKING CENT.

My theory is that die hard fans ascend to a state of the unattainable. Anyone can listen to the albums and enjoy a show, it takes real devotion and encyclopedic knowledge to hold something to a higher unquenchable standard. As the band fails harder the die hards get higher.

As to the first post in this thread...come on, now.  We all know the nature and tenor of this site.  It's an irreverent and largely ball busting take on the band.

I post here, but I also post over at North Korea Gone To Hell.  Obviously different vibe, and likely more what you are looking for.

We can be positive about the past but, everybody knows the present and future of this band is fat and shit. You can stick a fork in old turkey neck and gravy biceps because they are completely done. Not even Brian Jones on dulcimer and flute could save this band from the fat heap. 

Goddamn it....stop reminding me that Slash's weird lumpy biceps are full of savory delicious brown gravy.   I'm gonna try to get onstage next time and poke his bicep with a fork and let it drip all over some instant mashed potatoes.   Then I'll have to fight Axl for the mashed potatoes.  That will be harder than getting onstage in the first place.

Hard on a guy who has the third highest grossing tour of all time... lol. Do you think he gives a shit?

The fact he can waddle out there, grotesquely out of shape, sounding like a cartoon character, playing the same set for half a decade is both embarrassing and impressive. I tip my cap to the guy. If he reunited with slash in 2006 when he could still sing, he'd be a fucking billionaire. 

I think there is a lot behind it, even some jealousy and resentment that some washed old fat men who are terrible at their jobs can continue to sell out shows worldwide... 

Axl finally found and conceded to the money making strategy. He and slash are both geniuses for it. Fat, uncreative geniuses, but geniuses none the less. 

Screenshot_20210723-142500_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, meatpuppet said:

I can't say I know the guy. Ever since the MTV fax I think it's been downhill with the fans.

I'd say long before. 2-3 hour waits for shows, cancelled at the last minute shows, and riots for ending shows prematurely during the UYI tour, along with rants up to 5-10 minutes in length between songs I have to think didn't do him, or the band any favors.