Will GN'Rs 2021 Tour be the "ALL NEW SHOW" they advertised in 2020

The cancelled GNR Tour in 2020,

was being advertised as THE NEXT CHAPTER, and a ALL NEW SHOW.

Now that the tour is rescheduled for 2021,

the voices are not quite as clear about what exactly we are getting.

Are we getting the ALL NEW SHOW advertised last year?

Do they even have this ALL NEW SHOW or was it just false hype to try and sell another leg of the NOT IN THIS LIFETIME Tour?

-- A recent piece hyping the upcoming GNR show in Phoenix, AZ mentions that it was being billed as a "NEW TOUR" in 2020.

In 2020, GNR announced a North American stadium tour, as well as several festival dates, billed as a new tour rather than another leg of the Not in This Lifetime... Tour.

That tour never happened (for obvious reasons).

In a recent conversation with Guitar World, Slash said he anticipates new Guns N’ Roses music to arrive sometime this year

It would be their first album with Slash and McKagan, neither of whom appeared on 2008's "Chinese Democracy," since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?"

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/06/01/guns-n-roses-tour-slash-duff-mckagan-phoenix/5255836001

-- A TV commercial currently playing in the Boston area hyping the upcoming show also boasts this being a "ALL NEW SHOW"

On GNR's Official website we get no mention of this ALL NEW SHOW,

only that WE'RE F'N' BACK.

large.jpg.5a278f42121902fc6e8f1b42fd53ac72.jpg

This recent promotional video released by the band is also makes no mention of anything new.

• RedHook changed the title to Will GN'Rs 2021 Tour be the "ALL NEW SHOW" they advertised in 2020

And adding to the list of things I suspect are bullshit is last years video of the band supposedly performing "Hardschool" at soundcheck in Mexico City.

Why did it look nothing like the other videos filmed during the soundcheck.

They showed the band playing to an empty stadium.

Instead we got this view of a cheap looking mixing board.

Does the last word written on the tape say "DORITO", 

like the popular snack chip.

Was this video fan made

Screenshot_2021-06-04-10-52-09.thumb.png.9f1250437e5eca2cbacd8a50bc49ddf7.png

Any setlist without new songs will be dull. How can you do a "whole new show" without new music? With a band that has a catalogue as slight as GNR it's just performing the same songs in a different order. What's left in terms of "deep cuts" that anybody gives a shit about? The only song I'd like to see that they haven't done yet is Breakdown, but seeing as Axl mickeys his way through everything these days, I can live without it.

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Any setlist without new songs will be dull. How can you do a "whole new show" without new music? With a band that has a catalogue as slight as GNR it's just performing the same songs in a different order. What's left in terms of "deep cuts" that anybody gives a shit about? The only song I'd like to see that they haven't done yet is Breakdown, but seeing as Axl mickeys his way through everything these days, I can live without it.

I wouldn't mind a small acoustic set in the middle of the performance with Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, You Ain't the First, and maybe a Rolling Stones cover.

It really sucks not having Izzy for the great songs he sang on the UYI album.

3 minutes ago, RedHook said:

I wouldn't mind a small acoustic set in the middle of the performance with Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, You Ain't the First, and maybe a Rolling Stones cover.

It really sucks not having Izzy for the great songs he sang on the UYI album.

That'll never happen.

Anything musical has to be accompanied by a Windows 95 screensaver on the jumbotrons or GNR aren't interested.

34 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

What's the odds a new song we have never heard debuts on the upcoming tour? I forget what they are trying to sell or promote on this upcoming trek. 

0. I think you can be pretty certain if there are "new" songs, they will be from the Village discs and new covers. Maybe a couple of UYI deep cuts. There are no new songs written and recorded by the whole band including Axl since 2016. 

8 hours ago, RedHook said:

And adding to the list of things I suspect are bullshit is last years video of the band supposedly performing "Hardschool" at soundcheck in Mexico City.

Why did it look nothing like the other videos filmed during the soundcheck.

They showed the band playing to an empty stadium.

Instead we got this view of a cheap looking mixing board.

Does the last word written on the tape say "DORITO", 

like the popular snack chip.

Was this video fan made

Screenshot_2021-06-04-10-52-09.thumb.png.9f1250437e5eca2cbacd8a50bc49ddf7.png

I was the one who found out the video on Instagram and posted it on Discord and here. It was a public story though, so others definitely saw it before me.

It's not fake. The guy was a random mexican sound engineer that, if I'd guess, was on the sound mixer for one of the mexican bands. He looks to be somewhere backstage with a sound mixer thing that is getting the sound of the soundcheck. In the orange bit with the random names, at least the "Indio" one is a name of a band that also played Vive Latino (the guy that got the video was working for them I guess?) 

As for the Dorito, yes it is the chips. Dunno why, I think they maybe sponsor the festival or something. If you search it up, theres a lot of Doritos and Vive Latino cringe videos (E.g this and this

I can pm you the guy's @ even though its not on his profile anymore (again, was a ig story)

14 hours ago, Luis said:

I was the one who found out the video on Instagram and posted it on Discord and here. It was a public story though, so others definitely saw it before me.

It's not fake. The guy was a random mexican sound engineer that, if I'd guess, was on the sound mixer for one of the mexican bands. He looks to be somewhere backstage with a sound mixer thing that is getting the sound of the soundcheck. In the orange bit with the random names, at least the "Indio" one is a name of a band that also played Vive Latino (the guy that got the video was working for them I guess?) 

As for the Dorito, yes it is the chips. Dunno why, I think they maybe sponsor the festival or something. If you search it up, theres a lot of Doritos and Vive Latino cringe videos (E.g this and this

I can pm you the guy's @ even though its not on his profile anymore (again, was a ig story)

Good to know.

So maybe we were really going to get a new album last year.

But thanks Dr Fauci's Wu-Flu, 

we probably gotta wait another 10 years now.:lol:

22 hours ago, Dr. Thunder said:

0. I think you can be pretty certain if there are "new" songs, they will be from the Village discs and new covers. Maybe a couple of UYI deep cuts. There are no new songs written and recorded by the whole band including Axl since 2016. 

No new songs written since 2002 lol