GN'R "they’ve released 0.0 seconds of new music" since 2016

• Black Frog changed the title to GN'R "they’ve released 0.0 seconds of new music" since NITL started - Rolling Stone Magazine
3 hours ago, Monkey said:

This magazine can’t die soon enough

I know,

and what happened to the music press that loved to tear bands down.

Now, they mostly just copy n paste press releases.

This is out of character for Rolling Stone in 2021,

but I am glad somebody is calling out the

Fat Man for his bullshit. 

RCgbU1O.png.53b79932d1a36397a0af5a6a378dc541.png

20 hours ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

Does Rolling Stone even exist in print anymore?  Do any US magazines other than the shit at grocery store check out counters?

Yup, magazines still exist in the U.S.

But you mostly can only find them at Book Stores now,

and the fuckers charge $15 for them. ? 

• Black Frog changed the title to GN'R "they’ve released 0.0 seconds of new music" since 2016 - Rolling Stone Magazine
10 hours ago, RedHook said:

and they have enough oldies to keep this thing going for the next 10 years, at least.

Do they? Really?

I don't think so. Not unless they're content with dwindling numbers year in, year out. 

I dunno, I guess bands like Aerosmith still tour and they haven't done a new album in a while, and even when they did they hardly played anything from it during the live shows. Aerosmith, like Guns, have been pretty much touring the same setlist for 20yrs now and people are still paying to see em.

Casual bucket-list-box-ticking music fans are the death of music as an artform.

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Do they? Really?

I don't think so. Not unless they're content with dwindling numbers year in, year out. 

I dunno, I guess bands like Aerosmith still tour and they haven't done a new album in a while, and even when they did they hardly played anything from it during the live shows. Aerosmith, like Guns, have been pretty much touring the same setlist for 20yrs now and people are still paying to see em.

Casual bucket-list-box-ticking music fans are the death of music as an artform.

Agree.

But those casual fans have probably seen the band once or twice during fat in this lifetine so have no reason to go unless the band drop a new album. But im not so sure of that.

Once touring really starts there will be a plethora of bands wanting to play and tour for everyones money. 

Cant see any casuals spending $400+ for GNR tickets.

Plus GNR are limited in a good proportion of their setlist because of axls singing ability or weight- take your pick.

• Black Frog changed the title to GN'R "they’ve released 0.0 seconds of new music" since 2016 - Rolling Stone

If COVID didn't lead to them finishing an album, nothing will. 

There would have never been a better time to cut an album. Think about it, they couldn't tour. The opportunity cost of taking time in the studio ends up extremely low. If they want to be honest and say no new album because 60,000 idiots a night pay us $100 each to hear 30 year old songs, so we're not taking down time to record an album, sure, whatever. But we've had a year where they couldn't tour at all. Red Dead Redemption only takes a few weeks to finish, so what else have they been doing?

It seems so easy to release an album, especially when Axl already has one done in some form. Take the best 40 minutes of music from Axl's sessions, re-record the instrumentals with the current lineup. Paste over Axl's vocals from 2001. Add in 2-3 Slash songs, and let Duff sing on a song to make him feel important.

Does Slash want to write an entire album or something? Are writing credits an issue with CD era stuff? If they won't use the CD era stuff, then Axl has to do an entire album worth of vocals. That would give the album an ETA of 2031. 

Fuck Rolling Stone. Jann Wenner is a fucking egomaniac dwarf. Heard he is on his last legs anyway. 

That magazine died when Hunter S. Thompson had the sense to tell Wenner to get fucked and left. He was the soul of that magazine and elevated it beyond a simple music mag. 

These days it is a woke joke. Totally fucking irrelevant. They actually tried to charge writers $1500 to submit an article for publication recently. 

Fuck off :lol:

• Black Frog changed the title to GN'R "they’ve released 0.0 seconds of new music" since 2016
3 hours ago, Faxl said:

What also kills me is that if he sounded like 2016 and i had the money, I'd fucking go. 

But instead he's got the money and I've got a hole in my arse. 

The ticket prices are insane.

And Baseball Stadiums are the worst place to see concerts. Its the wrong shape, and it doesn't work at all.

100% of the Stadium seating is too far away from the Stage, that's in deep Center Field.

The Pit tickets, along with the small amount of Field/ Floor seats are the only Good Seats in the whole place, and they cost way too much money,

and are usually bought up by either Scalpers or Mygina/ Nightrain fanboys on Day 1.

Why do they even have concerts in a place where over 90% of the people have Bad Seats just by default.:thumbsdown:

154070616_Screenshot_2021-06-05-11-16-38(1)(2)(2).png.a92e56277e47f08d45533eb4c46fee52.png

41 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

This tour is going to bomb. 

I only wish Ticketmaster was selling the Boston show so I could see how many unsold seats there actually are.

Anybody have a GNR show in their part of the country that is being sold through Ticketmaster on this tour?

5 minutes ago, meatpuppet said:

I hope he's still kickboxing. Maybe he cares about his voice this time. Fool me once.

Hopefully he cares more then Vince Neil who walked off the stage in the middle of a recent solo show complaining that "his voice was gone"  :lolzers: