Canadian Music Magazine Exclaim! reporting that a new album is done (serious) - After our fav guitar player rejoining, it sounds like it is actually going to come out soon.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:22 AM, RedHook said:

While Axl spent quarantine experimenting with Taco Bell, and how quickly he could quarantine the entire menu into his stomach.

He claims to have stretched the limits of reality by eating two of everything on the menu in less than 15 minutes.

Thats the bands new touring rider requirement, two of everything. Maybe the bands new album name.

I tried to hate The Getaway. Is it as memorable or iconic as Blood Sugar Sex Magic/Californication/Stadium Arcadium?
Nope.
But it's better than By The Way and anything before Mother's Milk. Josh fits that band better than Dave Navarro did, and I love One Hot Minute.
Other than the odd track here or there, I fail to see what people were that into when Slovak was still around. Their old shit is paper thin garbage.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 6:12 AM, Bandonox said:

I tried to hate The Getaway. Is it as memorable or iconic as Blood Sugar Sex Magic/Californication/Stadium Arcadium?
Nope.
But it's better than By The Way and anything before Mother's Milk. Josh fits that band better than Dave Navarro did, and I love One Hot Minute.
Other than the odd track here or there, I fail to see what people were that into when Slovak was still around. Their old shit is paper thin garbage.

Ask Frusciante, Slovak was his fav guitar player besides Hendrix...plus he was a hardcore fan in the early days

Basically all off Frusciante in their heydays was a continuation of Slovak

lol

Their old shit is "immature" plus they were a much much different band back then...but the atmosphere was different too....

By The Way is low key in their top 3 albums...maybe Californication and Blood Sugar was better, but anything before or after is much lower than By The Way (yes, even SA)

Josh Klinghoffer is a good guitar player, just not the right fit in the band. I've competely failed to "get into" the Josh era, i've tried but aside from few tracks on The Getaway (which is already too pop for my taste) and 2-3 b sides, they haven't had a good song since Stadium Arcadium, imho. Nothing memorable, just either songs which going to nowhere, or generic pop shit. Don't get me wrong, Josh can play his guitar really well, just not suited for RHCP, imho

I'm glad that era ended and Frusciante is back

Their best shit was with Frusciante, always

Oh and i used to hate on OHM, but it grew on me big time...it had some fucking great ideas

It was their CD era, what could have been etc.

But Navarro and RHCP had other plans

10 minutes ago, Doctor Dom said:

By The Way is such a turd of a song, never understood its popularity.

It’s in the melody.

I don’t care about the song, but it’s appeal is in the melody and also the vocal harmonies in the chorus. Those were the hooks.