Jump to content

Canadian Music Magazine Exclaim! reporting that a new album is done (serious) - After our fav guitar player rejoining, it sounds like it is actually going to come out soon.


Recommended Posts

On 6/14/2021 at 10:15 AM, maynard said:

Wow who could tell Ragnar is actually a good poster when he is not angry. Can't wait for new RHCP with Frush.

 

Monarchy of Roses is the best song from the Josh era IMO.

 

And Rain Dance Maggie is a perfect poppy RHCP song.

 

But there's no Chili Peppers without John.

Red Hot Chili Peppers with John Frusciante is basically a SuperGroup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 8:38 AM, John Bonham said:

what would you guys say is RHCP's Best non-Frusciante album?

One Hot Minute, undeniable.

 

It’s a darker album, less of that rapping shit and more singing. More somber lyrics, Anthony’s relapse on heroin, Navarro adding a metal undertone that makes the whole sound heavier and darker.

 

One of the finest in their catalogue with BSSM and Cali, but that’s just me, i’m not a big fan of their funky early stuff, just not my cup of tea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chilis start with Mother's Milk to me. Their fans still rave on and on to this day how "great" Hillel Slovak allegedly was but in reality he wasn't, he was mediocre at best and everything they released with him mostly sucked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The biggest problem with the RHCPs is that Californication and By The Way are un-listenable. Both albums were brickwalled. They both badly need a remaster similar to what Stadium Arcadium received when Steve Hoffman handled the vinyl mix. If you're a fan of that album, I'd encourage you to track down the vinyl rip. 

 

Rick Rubin is notorious for being involved with brickwalled albums. It is ironic because he was also involved with BSSM, which is a GREAT sounding album. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 4:50 PM, Ragnar said:

Chilis start with Mother's Milk to me. Their fans still rave on and on to this day how "great" Hillel Slovak allegedly was but in reality he wasn't, he was mediocre at best and everything they released with him mostly sucked.

You really are an ignorant clod, aren't you?

 

😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So, RHCP spent 2020 and the quarantine writing and recording dozens of new songs. 
 

this album is going to be incredible 

 

new single around August 24th, with new album dropping one month later, and then their tour starts in March? Can’t wait

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

While Axl spent quarantine experimenting with Taco Bell, and how quickly he could quarantine the entire menu into his stomach.

 

He claims to have stretched the limits of reality by eating two of everything on the menu in less than 15 minutes.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 2:50 AM, Ragnar said:

Chilis start with Mother's Milk to me. Their fans still rave on and on to this day how "great" Hillel Slovak allegedly was but in reality he wasn't, he was mediocre at best and everything they released with him mostly sucked.

I have to agree with this. I can’t listen to their stuff before Frusciante joined the band, I just can’t get into it... can’t relate to that neurotic style of funk. On top of that I think the peppers improved immensely when Anthony started to venture into singing instead of rapping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, gunsntortillas said:

The biggest problem with the RHCPs is that Californication and By The Way are un-listenable. Both albums were brickwalled. They both badly need a remaster similar to what Stadium Arcadium received when Steve Hoffman handled the vinyl mix. If you're a fan of that album, I'd encourage you to track down the vinyl rip. 

 

Rick Rubin is notorious for being involved with brickwalled albums. It is ironic because he was also involved with BSSM, which is a GREAT sounding album. 

It’s all about trends. Californication is the poster boy of the loudness war. It’s an album with great songs, but compressed to shit; it has virtually no dynamics.

 

It’s too bad that the industry hasn’t recovered from this disease and the dumb idea that louder = better. There is a volume knob/slider/buttons on every music listening device, we don’t need these fucks to crank shit so much when we can do it ourselves as we please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, John Bonham said:

what would you guys say is RHCP's Best non-Frusciante album?

 

 

818v2V9n0RL._AC_SX679_.jpg

 

 

Nobody likes it except me and Tremolo.   Even the band refuses to play anything off of it. But there is some goood shit in there. 

 

Guess it's just the Jane's fan in me.....I'm always gonna dig Navarro's shit.

 

Listen to this unreleased track from that era that finally surfaced a few years ago.  So good.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, EstrangedTWAT said:

 

 

818v2V9n0RL._AC_SX679_.jpg

 

 

Nobody likes it except me and Tremolo.   Even the band refuses to play anything off of it. But there is some goood shit in there. 

 

Guess it's just the Jane's fan in me.....I'm always gonna dig Navarro's shit.

 

Listen to this unreleased track from that era that finally surfaced a few years ago.  So good.

 

 

It’s a solid album. Navarro’s influence in the sound is undeniable. To me it still sounds fresh, it has aged like good wine; it doesn’t sound dated, it’s not bound to the “production values” of the time.

 

I hadn’t listened to that one song before, and it’s fucking good! I didn‘t even know of its existence until now. Thanks for sharing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...