Canadian Music Magazine Exclaim! reporting that a new album is done (serious) - After our fav guitar player rejoining, it sounds like it is actually going to come out soon.

1 hour ago, Ragnar said:

Hopefully it'll be better than their latest releases without John. I can't remember one single song from "I'm With You" and "The Gateway".

Monarchy of Roses, Rain Dance Maggie and Brendan's Death Song were good.

The Getaway was a real prescription drug album. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 2:17 AM, Ragnar said:

Stadium Arcadium contains their best stuff as well as some of their worst.

It would have been brilliant had it been condensed to one disc.

Rumour has it, it was originally intended to be released as a triple album. They decided to narrow it down to a double CD set in the last hour.

I've been listening to it a lot this Summer, and I like it even more than I did 15 years ago.

Wet Sand is such a beautiful song. 

Stadium Arcadium is RHCP's Physical Graffiti, or what Chinese Democracy should have been.

50 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

I've been listening to it a lot this Summer, and I like it even more than I did 15 years ago.

Stadium Arcadium is RHCP's Physical Graffiti, or what Chinese Democracy should have been.

Wet Sand and Death Of A Martian are probably the best songs on Stadium Arcadium.

6 hours ago, John Bonham said:

Stadium Arcadium is RHCP's, Physical Graffiti, or what Chinese Democracy should have been.

Except it has lots of fillers. Hump de Bump, Snow, Tell Me Baby, Charlie, Hey, off the top of my head, Pure silliness.

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Wet Sand and Death Of A Martian are probably the best songs on Stadium Arcadium.

Tittle track is perfection.

Wow who could tell Ragnar is actually a good poster when he is not angry. Can't wait for new RHCP with Frush.

Monarchy of Roses is the best song from the Josh era IMO.

And Rain Dance Maggie is a perfect poppy RHCP song.

But there's no Chili Peppers without John.

The Josh era was pretty blah overall but I'm With You got a ton of plays on my iTunes back in the day so I can't say I hated it. I'm glad it exists but I'm also stoked for new real RHCP of course. 

Monarchy and Raindance are perfect. There's another good one or two on there and while The Getaway is pretty good it's not what I'm looking for in an RHCP album. 

Also while Josh is obviously inferior to John when it comes to vocals, his backing vox did have a particular quality to them that really changed their sound.