Surely it’s time to just drop the lot on the internet?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.   After fucking models in the ass and making them shit in kitty litter, and stealing all of Matt Sorum's "good" heroin, there's very little in the world that can manage to bring a smile

Fat and shit

Posted Images

I don’t quite get the love for Atlas.

It’s a nice song, but I find that it’s too obvious that it’s one of those Frankensongs that was put together by pasting parts recorded at different times and probably not even thought as parts for the same song. It is specially noticeable when he starts singing “When it’s as wrong and the road gets rough”. That whole section doesn’t flow at all with what comes before and after.

Perhaps is cool, I love the layered vocals and how the tension develops through the song and resolves with the solo. But that piano from the intro and after the solo... I fucking hate it, the tone makes it sound like a shitty virtual instrument from Fruity Loops back in the early 2000’s.

For me, out of the songs with vocals, State of Grace takes the trophy. OMG too, but we already knew that one.

29 minutes ago, maynard said:

Guys I'm translating a basketball-related ad. What "taking it to the rim" means? Thanks.

I'm totally serious. Can't find it anywhere.

An analogy for putting your tongue in a guys ass. Sometimes called a "rimjob" or "rimming".

I dont think thats a basketball ad...

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Guys I'm translating a basketball-related ad. What "taking it to the rim" means? Thanks.

I'm totally serious. Can't find it anywhere.

It means making a quick and aggressive drive towards the basket for a dunk or lay-up shot so that you catch the opposing team unaware on defense. You could also draw a foul if your shot is unsuccessful because of the aforementioned unawareness. 

1 hour ago, Tremolo said:

I don’t quite get the love for Atlas.

It’s a nice song, but I find that it’s too obvious that it’s one of those Frankensongs that was put together by pasting parts recorded at different times and probably not even thought as parts for the same song. It is specially noticeable when he starts singing “When it’s as wrong and the road gets rough”. That whole section doesn’t flow at all with what comes before and after.

Perhaps is cool, I love the layered vocals and how the tension develops through the song and resolves with the solo. But that piano from the intro and after the solo... I fucking hate it, the tone makes it sound like a shitty virtual instrument from Fruity Loops back in the early 2000’s.

For me, out of the songs with vocals, State of Grace takes the trophy. OMG too, but we already knew that one.

Atlas like Catcher sounds like Axl didn't care until 1/2 way through the song.

Also it's lyrics are horrid. 

The "from what you've known, what you've shown" sections sound like someone bullshitting on the spot. 

The main problem with the CD era stuff is the lyrics are often a certain way. And I'm not sure that really fits the vibe of the success of the NITL era. Now it seems like it's So Easy is the theme tune.