Surely it’s time to just drop the lot on the internet?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.   After fucking models in the ass and making them shit in kitty litter, and stealing all of Matt Sorum's "good" heroin, there's very little in the world that can manage to bring a smile

Fat and shit

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Monkey said:

What I was getting at is I don't really care for Perfect Crime. Garden of Eden I like better but neither would be my go-to template for song-making.

I agree there but Hard School's intro and outro are pretty awesome, unlike the excesses of Riad, Scraped, and so on.

And if they're removing Freese, they'll have to anyway. Frank attempting half of the stuff there? lulz

Yea those aren't their best songs but they're fine for what they are... short, fast paced rockers.

I like the outro on Hardschool but the intro feels too long... maybe it's because I heard the Checkmate clip so many times but a shorter intro that kicks right into the drum roll would be cool.

On 5/3/2021 at 7:53 AM, Sick Boy said:

A shit tonne of alternate solo #63 or drumbeat #127. 

Songs with vocals? Nah. Not buying it. 

Big Guns? Lol

To be fair that was said before Better leaked or If the World, TIL, Sorry, Prostitute. Axl saying CD II was meaner and nastier is about right. There even less single options. Maybe Atlas or Perhaps but given the landscape. I guess if everything is re-recorded in an 80s hard rock way then it might shake something loose. But CD infused with hard rock might be more exciting. And bring back the looser 70s arrangements. 

Atlas is easily the most unique song GNR have, maybe along with Easy. Both have a magic that you can't explain. 

6 hours ago, auad said:

Complex issue.
I will give a simple opinion, for a broad understanding.

it's our fault, not the fat man's. yes, ours.

GNR ended in 93.
We, insistently, made Axl believe that he would still be able to compose great songs and that he "is" the GNR. The media had its share of blame for making the fat man believe that the public still cared about Guns.

When, in 2008, we aimed a velvet revolver at his head and forced the fat man to release the epic "Chinese Democracy", a mediocre collection of songs.

Therefore, the legacy could have been left intact. we screwed up.

Go listen to Accept or whatever rubbish you're into :facepalm:

I always felt it was more the fans not accepting it's for the most part just music and that it can't always be picture perfect mystique and mega hits. Most bands continue in semi obscurity playing the same 3 hits they have. 

11 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Go listen to Accept or whatever rubbish you're into :facepalm:

Oh, the little gypsy girl pretending it is a badass again? Oh damn, look at the edginess. Go ahead, say Shitnor, I know it makes you moist like Fat Axl does.

Shut the fuck up you disgusting gypsy, go fuck your sister or whoever is willing to share a bed with you in your village of savages.

Stop masturbating to Axl pics so much, it's damaging your gypsy brain.

48 minutes ago, maynard said:

Oh, the little gypsy girl pretending it is a badass again? Oh damn, look at the edginess. Go ahead, say Shitnor, I know it makes you moist like Fat Axl does.

Shut the fuck up you disgusting gypsy, go fuck your sister or whoever is willing to share a bed with you in your village of savages.

Stop masturbating to Axl pics so much, it's damaging your gypsy brain.

Drop dead you fucking piece of obnoxious, rambling shit.

Go clean your girfriend's pussy off my cum, Fagnard.......

8 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Drop dead you fucking piece of obnoxious, rambling shit.

Go clean your girfriend's pussy off my cum, Fagnard.......

The same girlfriend you promised to TRIM HER PUBLIC HAIR? :lol:

You're a joke, Fagnar.

30 minutes ago, maynard said:

The same girlfriend you promised to TRIM HER PUBLIC HAIR? :lol:

You're a joke, Fagnar.

No, I promised her I would let you clean her pussy after I was done with her, Gayfart :gunner:

20 hours ago, Ragnar said:

No, I promised her I would let you clean her pussy after I was done with her, Gayfart :gunner:

These sexual fantasies you have that include me are weird as fuck, gypsy. But it's understandable, when your only option to have sex is your sister/mother/aunt/pet goat, you gotta fantasize about something else.

NOW GO AWAY YOU SALTY ANGRY DEPRESSING GYPSY

18 minutes ago, maynard said:

These sexual fantasies you have that include me are weird as fuck, gypsy. But it's understandable, when your only option to have sex is your sister/mother/aunt/pet goat, you gotta fantasize about something else.

NOW GO AWAY YOU SALTY ANGRY DEPRESSING GYPSY

:lol: Fuck off you obsessed, obnoxious faggot. 

You sound well-versed on the subject of fuchking sisters and mothers.

Is it what you monkeys do ?

Piss off now, bitch :facepalm:

There is bugger all in that vault, otherwise Rose would have released it. Few overdubbed jingles maybe. We already had Hard school and that Stinson number, and they didn't exactly set the world alight, did they? People go on about this stuff as if it is the Basement Tapes. 

there cannot be too many more songs with vocals we haven't heard. IIRC Axl said he just sang on Soulmonster but that can mean he sang it like quick song. We probably won't get anything unless a 2003 session locker leak thing happens again

3 hours ago, Haters Gonna Hate said:

there cannot be too many more songs with vocals we haven't heard. IIRC Axl said he just sang on Soulmonster but that can mean he sang it like quick song. We probably won't get anything unless a 2003 session locker leak thing happens again

CD II was probably finished up to the standard of CD without mixing and mastering maybe. Ron said he played on many more finished songs not on CD. Axl was looking to release CD II in 2010. He wasn't talking about more recording in 08 chats. Its more that the record company didn't want to release it. CD proved to them there was no money in it without a Best Buy type deal. They could say get Slash but even then it's not this huge deal for them anymore. Unless GNR hire a pushy industry manager they are only doing what they want. Thats if the industry exists in the way it used to at all anymore. So unless GNR have something phenomenal its better for everyone to pursue other avenues. This isn't really what I want but that's my guess to what the situation is. And even if there was a finished record it needs to be re-finished with Slash and Duff, they really reset the clock and wiped the slate clean. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

CD II was probably finished up to the standard of CD without mixing and mastering maybe. Ron said he played on many more finished songs not on CD. Axl was looking to release CD II in 2010. He wasn't talking about more recording in 08 chats. Its more that the record company didn't want to release it. CD proved to them there was no money in it without a Best Buy type deal. They could say get Slash but even then it's not this huge deal for them anymore. Unless GNR hire a pushy industry manager they are only doing what they want. Thats if the industry exists in the way it used to at all anymore. So unless GNR have something phenomenal its better for everyone to pursue other avenues. This isn't really what I want but that's my guess to what the situation is. And even if there was a finished record it needs to be re-finished with Slash and Duff, they really reset the clock and wiped the slate clean. 

No way will they have a pushy industry manager at their age.

I would bet GNR decisions comes down to axl having the final say. If axl doesnt want to do it, it wont be done.

Touring and releasing boxsets us the bands approach. Maybe an EP but thats wishful thinking.

I still think axl will pull the GNR pin at 65.

56 minutes ago, Sydney fan said:

No way will they have a pushy industry manager at their age.

I would bet GNR decisions comes down to axl having the final say. If axl doesnt want to do it, it wont be done.

Touring and releasing boxsets us the bands approach. Maybe an EP but thats wishful thinking.

I still think axl will pull the GNR pin at 65.

I don't think there's a pin to pull on being a living legend. Like the US might be bankrupt but their won't be a press conference about it. I can see Axl doing an interview in 2050 on a beach in Hawaii where he tells his life story to a bar maid. The exclusive first interview in 30 years. 

There's a sort of retirement community vibe about the Stones and Zeppelin so that's how GNR is. Open for business but gone  for lunch. Bingo at 11. 

All things considered there just doesn't seem to be much to gain. They have money, they are legends, there's no real way to increase their artistic cred. I sort of remember Axl being only cautiously opputismistic (or hoverer you spell that) about making an album after the UYI era. He wanted to see if they could add to what they had done. Even before UYI Axl was saying he could walk away even if UYI bombed.  Their creative arc seemed to end with Spaghetti, then Axl tried to take on new influences like U2 did but it was more for fun than a full mission.  We need to go to war with Russia, nah don't bother just do tour of South America. 

23 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don't think there's a pin to pull on being a living legend. Like the US might be bankrupt but their won't be a press conference about it. I can see Axl doing an interview in 2050 on a beach in Hawaii where he tells his life story to a bar maid. The exclusive first interview in 30 years. 

There's a sort of retirement community vibe about the Stones and Zeppelin so that's how GNR is. Open for business but gone  for lunch. Bingo at 11. 

All things considered there just doesn't seem to be much to gain. They have money, they are legends, there's no real way to increase their artistic cred. I sort of remember Axl being only cautiously opputismistic (or hoverer you spell that) about making an album after the UYI era. He wanted to see if they could add to what they had done. Even before UYI Axl was saying he could walk away even if UYI bombed.  Their creative arc seemed to end with Spaghetti, then Axl tried to take on new influences like U2 did but it was more for fun than a full mission.  We need to go to war with Russia, nah don't bother just do tour of South America. 

I dont see any GNR activity in terms of new music or touring post axl turning 65. Axl doesnt have the pipes, especially for 2 to 4 year tours every 6 months. 

Agree that GNR have a retirement vibe like the stones, but the stones have a bigger discography so they can afford to be that. But they are still creating new music so they still have that artistic integrity.

GNR is the mothership that can pay for their lifestyles, but each band members solo outlet is their creative muse.

Axl might have felt like he could walk away but his return to RIR 00"s(showing newgnr lineup) , getting in shape in 06(confident of CD being released), rasp returning 2010, means he does have a care factor and certain things look to be a fullon mission, but not for releasing new music. 

3 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

I dont see any GNR activity in terms of new music or touring post axl turning 65. Axl doesnt have the pipes, especially for 2 to 4 year tours every 6 months. 

Agree that GNR have a retirement vibe like the stones, but the stones have a bigger discography so they can afford to be that. But they are still creating new music so they still have that artistic integrity.

GNR is the mothership that can pay for their lifestyles, but each band members solo outlet is their creative muse.

Axl might have felt like he could walk away but his return to RIR 00"s(showing newgnr lineup) , getting in shape in 06(confident of CD being released), rasp returning 2010, means he does have a care factor and certain things look to be a fullon mission, but not for releasing new music. 

In terms of voice that might be true, unless they change tact a little. Axl went all out in the studio which set him a task live. 

I think GNR could do the Zeppelin retirement lifestyle. Both Jimmy and Plant are alive but they just play one show and release a double GH. The Stones are the walking dead. Zombie integrity. Hockey arena Pepsi hotdog retirement. GNR still have Zeppelin mystique as most saw CD as Axl's solo album which is kind of rock n roll in

that it was a 14 million dollar solo project. Judging by the NITL tour the shitshow still has mystique. 

So I can see a long wait for a studio album. And after some straight outta quarantine touring, they might just pop up at Rock in Rio or festivals when it feels right. And maybe put out a studio album but that's probably my romantic hope because I think they can take Zeppelin. Talent wise they have it.