Surely it’s time to just drop the lot on the internet?

8 hours ago, RedHook said:

I think Fat Axl & Co. are scared to release a new album in this political climate, worried any new attention brought on the band could trigger a Me Too,

or even worse, Cancel Culture coming down on their precious back catalog.

Man up you fat fuckin snowflakes.

AC/DC released a new album with zero problems.

Under common law and according to the definition of this defamation, deceased individuals cannot be defamed. Defamation is defined as an act or statement that damages one’s reputation. The dead do not have reputations to damage. The memory of a deceased person can be damaged, but this is not addressed under the tort of defamation.

Survivors or descendants of the dead have no legal claim on behalf of a deceased relative’s good name, nor can they collect on behalf of their own interests relative to that person’s reputation. Likewise, the estate of a deceased person cannot be liable for the defamation of the dead. Survivors, relatives or friends of the deceased may, however, have a cause of action if the defamation reflects on their own reputations and they have, in fact, been defamed by the statements.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol.   After fucking models in the ass and making them shit in kitty litter, and stealing all of Matt Sorum's "good" heroin, there's very little in the world that can manage to bring a smile

Fat and shit

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Clearly the band has zero fucking interest in releasing a new record. We know there is likely a shit tonne of music in the vault. Maybe someone in the fold should upload it all on the net. The ban could feign disgust and profanity at the prospect of someone ‘stealing’ its music whilst the fans get to hear the contents of the vault. The band would likely get less pressure to release a new record. Everybody’s happy

A shit tonne of alternate solo #63 or drumbeat #127. 

Songs with vocals? Nah. Not buying it. 

Big Guns? Lol

17 minutes ago, RedHook said:

So far I think most of the songs that didn't make it onto the Chinese Democracy album are better than the songs that did.

These are not 3 songs on Chin Dem better than,

State of Grace, Perhaps, and Hardschool

I dont understand the logic of releasing mediocre songs for one album and having the better songs on the next album. Then again, if you have a plan on releasing the second album fine, but my feels are we arnt getting that. GNR will continue to trot a new tour every 6 months on the back of the casual fans setlist of jungle, pc,scom and slither with a "new unreleased" song.

2 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

I dont understand the logic of releasing mediocre songs for one album and having the better songs on the next album. Then again, if you have a plan on releasing the second album fine, but my feels are we arnt getting that. GNR will continue to trot a new tour every 6 months on the back of the casual fans setlist of jungle, pc,scom and slither with a "new unreleased" song.

I think they picked the safest songs for Chin Dem and then had Bumblefoot put some GNR style guitar over it all to white wash it.

2 hours ago, Sydney fan said:

Axl claimed those were the songs they could 'get through the labels red tape'... basically, the leaks are the reason we got that tracklist.

Atlas was the only good thing out of the lockers.  Period.   It's the closest song in the entire batch that has anything close to a pop sensibility and I could have seen it doing well on the radio back in 1999 or 2001.  It at least has a solid structure, unlike just about any of the other Chinese songs.  Even Better, which people thought had crossover potential, has that bizarre breakdown where the song essentially stops and then makes weird noises.  Atlas 100% should have been on the album and should have been a single, along with The Blues.

25 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The 2000-2001 version could've got some radio play, but I hate to think of how much unnecessary shit was added to it by 2008... just imagine Bumblefoot replacing that solo. :facepalm: I'm glad we got the early version of it.

Agreed. 

I wouldn’t knock 2001 - 2004 rough mixes out of your hands either. 

State of Grace is good and has potential to be better than all of CD in a completed state.

Atlas is decent, better than about half of CD. The follow your heart thing is catchy and the intro with the strumming acoustic and Axl going HOOOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHH WHY SHOULD I is awesome.

Hard School isn’t exactly good but it fills a niche that was sorely missing on CD and probably would have made a better first single than CD.

Perhaps could be good with an entirely new chorus. I like that behaviour/saviour part a lot.

Zodiac and Oklahoma instrumentals are so good it’s depressing. There were some other good Buckethead ones too.

Hardschool would be a good song if they cut it down to 2.5-3 mins. Shorten the intro and get rid of the breakdown part in the middle, and you've got a decent hard rocker.

Perhaps just needs a second verse and proper mixing.

State Of Grace has potential to be great, if Axl replaced some vocals and added some Buckethead.

Zodiac, Dummy, Soul Monster, Circus Maximus and Oklahoma are all good instrumentals.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Hardschool would be a good song if they cut it down to 2.5-3 mins. Shorten the intro and get rid of the breakdown part in the middle, and you've got a decent hard rocker

I'm all for short and sweet but that's way too short. AFD tracks weren't any shorter than 3.5. 

Release "radio" cuts if you wilt but release longer versions for us people who like nice things. 

9 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I'm all for short and sweet but that's way too short. AFD tracks weren't any shorter than 3.5. 

Release "radio" cuts if you wilt but release longer versions for us people who like nice things. 

Perfect Crime is under 2.5 mins and Garden of Eden is under 3, Reckless Life isn't much longer than 3 mins... I think since there's only like 16 lines of verse lyrics and the rest is all chorus/solo it would work better as a fast paced 3-min rocker.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Perfect Crime is under 2.5 mins and Garden of Eden is under 3, Reckless Life isn't much longer than 3 mins... I think since there's only like 16 lines of verse lyrics and the rest is all chorus/solo it would work better as a fast paced 3-min rocker.

Yeah but none of those songs are as good as the AFD songs.

And Axl is scream rant singing his way through them, so they're naturally shorter. 

It could work, I guess, but at the end of the day, who cares? None of this will ever happen. 

Laziest Band in the World. 

32 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Yeah but none of those songs are as good as the AFD songs.

And Axl is scream rant singing his way through them, so they're naturally shorter. 

It could work, I guess, but at the end of the day, who cares? None of this will ever happen. 

Laziest Band in the World. 

Hardschool isn't as good as the AFD stuff either. Nothing they write will be. :shrugs2:

I guess I'd prefer they trim the fat, instead of either keeping the meandering middle section or having Axl write more lyrics. A big issue with CD was that the songs try to be more 'epic' than they really are, with long intros and extended solos and too many overdubs... Hardschool would benefit from the opposite approach. Just strip it down to a short rocker with a nice Slash solo.

But yea, it doesn't matter... we know this band won't do shit but we come here to talk about entertaining stuff and kill time.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Hardschool isn't as good as the AFD stuff either. Nothing they write will be. :shrugs2:

What I was getting at is I don't really care for Perfect Crime. Garden of Eden I like better but neither would be my go-to template for song-making.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I guess I'd prefer they trim the fat, instead of either keeping the meandering middle section or having Axl write more lyrics. A big issue with CD was that the songs try to be more 'epic' than they really are, with long intros and extended solos and too many overdubs... Hardschool would benefit from the opposite approach. Just strip it down to a short rocker with a nice Slash solo

I agree there but Hard School's intro and outro are pretty awesome, unlike the excesses of Riad, Scraped, and so on.

And if they're removing Freese, they'll have to remove the intros, etc. anyway. Frank attempting half of the stuff there? lulz

Complex issue.
I will give a simple opinion, for a broad understanding.

it's our fault, not the fat man's. yes, ours.

GNR ended in 93.
We, insistently, made Axl believe that he would still be able to compose great songs and that he "is" the GNR. The media had its share of blame for making the fat man believe that the public still cared about Guns.

When, in 2008, we aimed a velvet revolver at his head and forced the fat man to release the epic "Chinese Democracy", a mediocre collection of songs.

Therefore, the legacy could have been left intact. we screwed up.