I'm not sure why people like this overlong boring piece of shit.

Axl writes about 4 coherent lines and Slash's end solo is pretty cool but it's not worth 8 minutes of my time.

I'd rather listen to Bad Apples twice. 

I think the problem with Coma is it has shades of Chinese Democracy in it- overwrought, overproduced, egomaniacal, self-indulgent, 50 overdub tracks, pseudo-profound, faux artistic. 

I think the concept and the music is alright.  It just needed a producer who could tell Axl to dial it down a notch.  Oh and Matt Sorum's drumming was castrated on Illusions. 

49 minutes ago, ritz snare said:

I think the problem with Coma is it has shades of Chinese Democracy in it- overwrought, overproduced, egomaniacal, self-indulgent, 50 overdub tracks, pseudo-profound, faux artistic. 

I think the concept and the music is alright.  It just needed a producer who could tell Axl to dial it down a notch.  Oh and Matt Sorum's drumming was castrated on Illusions. 

This is a good summary although it’s worse than everything Chinese Democracy is, imo. It’s a giant mess. Chinese is too structured and tight. I would say maybe Oh My God fits the comparison more closely but that’s not on the album itself.

But pushing that aside, it’s everything everyone says about Use Your Illusions in a single song: bloated, overlong, and so on.  Breakdown, Locomotive may be long but at least they have comprehensive structure, grace, and theme. 

Why does a ““Coma”” sound like random pots and pans being banged in your ear drum? Or some weird battle march?  

Why does Axl suddenly change from his Coma to the audience’s Coma? Well besides the fact that he’s an insecure manlet? 

it's bloated, I dislike it too

so many of these songs - locomotive, coma, the garden, civil war, could benefit from being stripped down and focused a bit.

there's good rock n roll hidden within, but Axl said no

I like Coma.

November Rain and Don't Cry are the songs they should delete off the UYI's.

And maybe they could make a girly version that still includes all the pretty ballads.

Oh, wait

They already did.

The single disc UYI album

2 hours ago, RedHook said:

I like Coma.

November Rain and Don't Cry are the songs they should delete off the UYI's.

And maybe they could make a girly version that still includes all the pretty ballads.

Oh, wait

They already did.

The single disc UYI album

This , i like Coma to but get rid of november rain. 

I think the lyrics in shotgun blues are as bad as all the ballads on both illusions.

It's their best song, or at the very least it's in the top 3. Yes the overdubs are excessive, and the first 2/3 of the song is good, but the last 1/3 is fucking great. That's peak Axl and Slash right there. GNR have some great song endings but none of them are better than the last verse in Coma.

One of the coolest moments I've had at a concert was when they played it at the first Vegas 2016 show. I was talking with the guy beside me before the show and we were both hoping they'd play it, and we rocked the fuck out during that song, it was a great time :lol:

Coma is one of my all time favourite rock songs .It is my favourite UYI1 song and number 4 in my top 10 GNR songs .I love everything about it,the riffs,the solo is one of my favourites,the vocals are some of Axls best  and the sound effects actually work great for me .:novembersnow::novembersnow::novembersnow::novembersnow:I like Coma more than 99% of Apettite for desctruction,the only AFD song that i like more is Paradise city.:novembersnow: