The destruction of Ron Bumblefoot Thal

On 4/29/2021 at 1:03 AM, Begbie said:

According to my sources, a huge GNR fan with the call of @Bill Brasky called for Bumblefoot to play the following songs "Atlas Shrugged" and "State Of Grace".

Bumblefoot allegedly stormed off, but then came back 20 mins later. 

He has since cancelled his no sellout bowling alley tour. So in theory, @Bill Brasky cancelled the most embarrassing solo tour of any ex GNR member.

What actually happened ?

4 hours ago, Duchak AKA Goo Man said:

I was the guy at the show that night. Still waiting email approval here on this site. Everything was documented in real time and there was a very close coincidence with the events and the "State of Grace" request. A few of us have spoken with Bumblefoot afterwards and cleared up that it had nothing to do with the Atlas and State of Grace requests but he did find those funny. All I can say is that Ron is an extremely nice guy and has been very communicative since the concert. He has some things going on in his life, but he has continued to be really nice to the fans even immediately after that show.

Everything being joked about in here was all the craziness going on in real time as it happened. 

- Duchak 

Lol RussTcb no mod job for you.

Ps Brasky Fatcast is coming 

"Since I'm posting schmaltzy personal stuff... re: last week's storyteller tour sudden cancellation:

I took on too much too soon coming out of the gate. Immune system not used to contact with so many people, day after 4/24 show tonsils were all swollen and could barely speak, vocal cords swollen, throat and sinuses all scratchy, was still feeling beaten down by 4/28 show - the 4/28 travel kicked my ass lugging gear around from early morning, back and neck throbbing (10yr old spine injury, makes this stuff extra difficult), same throat thing happening, and had another 3 show days & travel coming up - couldn't pull it off. I simply don’t have the endurance to do vocal-heavy solo shows now, it takes more out of me than it did pre-Covid. I didn't expect to be that worn down from it, mentally too. After the past 12 months of what feels like the first time I've lived an actual life in decades, there's little appeal in going back to living out of a suitcase and letting the things that matter deteriorate. As our 25th wedding Anniversary approached, all I could think was that I don't want my wife spending another 25 years with a disappearing husband, my family deserves better from me. Will limit travel & type of touring from here on (no more solo touring that requires me being the driver, merch guy, roadie, and performer/singer at once...), will still perform but will mostly continue as I have in the studio - writing, collaborating, recording, releasing music, guest spots, producing bands, mixing albums, teaching, online stuff...

A big THANK YOU to all the great venues and promoters, my agents, all the bands and bandmembers and crews, the jams, music camps, Embassies & Consulates, charities, gear companies, you've been wonderful all these years 🙂 Not goodbye, just *thank you - you should be thanked more often. And a biiiiiiiiiig big THANK YOU to everyone that's come to all the shows around the world (45 f'n years of shows!), and the wonderful friendships that have come from it... and the biggest thank you to all my family - I appreciate and am grateful and love you all so much.

Y'all please be safe out there 😉
Ron"
5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:
"Since I'm posting schmaltzy personal stuff... re: last week's storyteller tour sudden cancellation:

I took on too much too soon coming out of the gate. Immune system not used to contact with so many people, day after 4/24 show tonsils were all swollen and could barely speak, vocal cords swollen, throat and sinuses all scratchy, was still feeling beaten down by 4/28 show - the 4/28 travel kicked my ass lugging gear around from early morning, back and neck throbbing (10yr old spine injury, makes this stuff extra difficult), same throat thing happening, and had another 3 show days & travel coming up - couldn't pull it off. I simply don’t have the endurance to do vocal-heavy solo shows now, it takes more out of me than it did pre-Covid. I didn't expect to be that worn down from it, mentally too. After the past 12 months of what feels like the first time I've lived an actual life in decades, there's little appeal in going back to living out of a suitcase and letting the things that matter deteriorate. As our 25th wedding Anniversary approached, all I could think was that I don't want my wife spending another 25 years with a disappearing husband, my family deserves better from me. Will limit travel & type of touring from here on (no more solo touring that requires me being the driver, merch guy, roadie, and performer/singer at once...), will still perform but will mostly continue as I have in the studio - writing, collaborating, recording, releasing music, guest spots, producing bands, mixing albums, teaching, online stuff...

A big THANK YOU to all the great venues and promoters, my agents, all the bands and bandmembers and crews, the jams, music camps, Embassies & Consulates, charities, gear companies, you've been wonderful all these years 🙂 Not goodbye, just *thank you - you should be thanked more often. And a biiiiiiiiiig big THANK YOU to everyone that's come to all the shows around the world (45 f'n years of shows!), and the wonderful friendships that have come from it... and the biggest thank you to all my family - I appreciate and am grateful and love you all so much.

Y'all please be safe out there 😉
Ron"

Is this just a long winded post to say that apart from a handful of fans, not many people are interested in seeing him live and as a result isnt worth his time making the effort to play live😄?.

Ron was cool. The only guy who tried to be even remotely open and accessible to fans, did justice to Izzy/Slash/Robin/Bucket's parts live while adding his own style and own parts. Pushed to bring back fan favorite songs that Axl had retired for whatever stupid reasons he had. Not a fan of everything he did on the actual album, but his live work in 2009-2014 was great. Would lol at all the Bucket heavy songs and you'd see DJ just hitting a power chord over and over while Ron is doing all the work.