What excuse will Slash/Duff/Fortus use when there's no new material in 2022?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will not happen.    A release will come once Axl is no longer able to make sound decisions, or dead.  There's still a fuckload of solid material in the can and money to be made.  He's j

I'm pretty much in the mourning phase of GNR as a creative entity where I would call this "acceptance".   Took a while for me to get here, but I've accepted that 2016 (warts and all) was the

Posted Images

3 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

How is it that a group of 7 musicians (okay let's be real, only 4) can't come up with any new releases all this time ... but one single man, with severe chronic neck pain, named Bobby Ritchie is about to release a 50-song triple album at age 50?

Well they woukd be interested in doing new music, but if the quarterback isnt interested in throwing the ball what can you do?.

22 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Not really. I mean, it's a given one half of Chinese Democracy is about Slash/Duff and the the other half is about Stephanie Seymour.

I'm not interested in dissecting each song line by line and speculate which verse is about who.

I reckon you've got Axl's batshit essay about China from the alt booklet framed in your downstairs bog :D

16 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence? said:

Love him or hate him, it's gonna be 12 albums of new material in 28 years to GNR's one.  :shrugs2:

Some of his music can be a little corny but I love most of his albums.  His material has gotten better with age and that can't be said about most musicians.  And he's a Trump supporter so I'll gladly pick up his latest release.

4 minutes ago, Trumpy Bear said:

Some of his music can be a little corny but I love most of his albums.  His material has gotten better with age and that can't be said about most musicians.  And he's a Trump supporter so I'll gladly pick up his latest release.

Rock N Roll Jesus is indeed his best IMO.

I'm glad the triple album is going back to his roots with 10 hip-hop, 10 rock and 20 from the vault.

Never cared for most of his country stuff (sorry McCoy).

They made a fuck-ton of money in 16 and 17.  The grins on their faces during the bows are basically, thank God we finally put our egos aside and are making all this awesome cash.  Which is fine.  Before then we were basically begging them to take that obvious mindset.  I just like rock n roll and want new music.

Screenshot_2021-04-12-10-59-39(1).thumb.png.76d3bc52133bb0a88ac06cdd17e4ce00.png

I guess Slash still believes be can get a new album out of old Axl.

Just like Assba, Bumblefoot, Buckethead, and Robin Finck before him.

This update is disappointing to me.

The band are hoping to complete an album?

They have had a full year off the road to record, and 5 years on the road together before that. 

This just reaffirms my suspicion that its 

Never Gonna Happen.

I think it's 100% foolish to expect them to get this together.

And the excuses will be all the usual ones.  "Trying to figure it out"..."not was easy at is sounds"....

All the usual shit that applies to this band, this band only, and no other musical act on the planet.

They come around my way in 2022 or 2023 or whatever, I will go.  I don't expect to hear anything new or different.  Unless you are going to count them dusting off 'Bad Obsession' or 'The Garden' or some such.

This will not happen. 

A release will come once Axl is no longer able to make sound decisions, or dead.  There's still a fuckload of solid material in the can and money to be made.  He's just nuts, and it simply won't happen on his clock.

In the meantime, please lord let CD2 leak so we can pick over it for like a month

@Bill Brasky can you hint whether there's a chance of it getting out or not. I don't really believe it's gonna leak but god knows the locker thing came out of nowhere. 

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, RedHook said:

I think the current reason is they can not record, until Slosh gets the gravy drained from his biceps.

But because of Covid-46,

He is afraid to go to the doctors 

I'm just fed up of the constant wait, its draining. Slash needs to be careful draining those biceps, because when The Nile bursts its banks its some bad shit.

Realistically, I'm agreeing with the 'nothing until Axl dies' camp now. 

Not to repeat myself but surely they could crap out an album, call it Guns N' Roses, use what's-her-face's (fucking good) tour photography for the internal artwork and a load of live clips knitted together as videos for the singles. Just three or four 'new' songs to warble through at each show, and they can use it to justify a whole new world tour and make even more fucking money

That way, they can continue fat touring and nobody's complaining about a lack of new material, and most importantly, it gives us more to laugh at. 

If they ever do release an album I'm guessing there will be at least 2 Duff songs and 1 cover, so they can say they play several new songs per show but Axl will only sing a few of them, and they can finally call The Seeker a new song again. Kinda like how they 'play for 3 hours' but probably 45 minutes of that is excessive soloing or unnecessary shit.

1 minute ago, Virus said:

Slosh, Doof, Rich & Frank do a side project called "waiting on vocals"

They could have a computer put some Scott Weiland vocals on it,

and release it as Velvet Revolver.

Maybe Axl sing cover song versions on Tour :lol: