What excuse will Slash/Duff/Fortus use when there's no new material in 2022?

5 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Sorry is about Slash. Doesn't matter what Axl says. It applies to Slash.

Yeah, I know Axl said something like "This is not a song about someone you used to know." back in 2010 but holy fuck, it's hard not to see it that way.  Even the "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would." bit from when he said that to Slash on stage during the Illusion tour, which was pretty well documented. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will not happen.    A release will come once Axl is no longer able to make sound decisions, or dead.  There's still a fuckload of solid material in the can and money to be made.  He's j

I'm pretty much in the mourning phase of GNR as a creative entity where I would call this "acceptance".   Took a while for me to get here, but I've accepted that 2016 (warts and all) was the

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah, I know Axl said something like "This is not a song about someone you used to know." back in 2010 but holy fuck, it's hard not to see it that way.  Even the "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would." bit from when he said that to Slash on stage during the Illusion tour, which was pretty well documented. 

Exactly. This solidifies the view that they’re only doing this and putting up with each other for the money. The past wrongs and hatreds are not forgotten. We’re getting fuck all new from this ‘band’

47 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Exactly. This solidifies the view that they’re only doing this and putting up with each other for the money. The past wrongs and hatreds are not forgotten. We’re getting fuck all new from this ‘band’

Shit, it's a real-life "Business, not personal" situation. 

And the crowds lap it up far more than they did at NuGNR's best shows. 

Some world. 

Loved those ‘02 shows. That was the shit for me. Too bad Axl couldn’t realise his intentions for that incarnation of the band. But, the label execs got their way in the end, and all we are left with is a ‘band’ way past its prime with no intention of releasing new music 

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Loved those ‘02 shows. That was the shit for me. Too bad Axl couldn’t realise his intentions for that incarnation of the band. But, the label execs got their way in the end, and all we are left with is a ‘band’ way past its prime with no intention of releasing new music 

I wish that was the Axl Solo Band, or the band was called Chinese Democracy, or something. Doing big theatres instead of trying to ride the GNR name into arenas, and only 4-5 GNR covers per night, all the rest is whatever the fuck else they came up with. Zero GNR comparison or pressure. Multiple albums. Whatever Axl's vision was, fully realised. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think there's a decent chance it's released coinciding with the 2022 dates. Maybe we get Hardschool in Australia this year, but if there's an album to be released it seems like spring/summer 2022 is when we'll get it. Stuff like Soul Monster/General better not have been bumped for whatever limp dicked Aerosmith lite shit Slash has written the last few years. Hopefully Slash sounds so indifferent when asked about new material because Axl hasn't used his shit, as opposed to there being no album at all.

8 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Sorry is about Slash. Doesn't matter what Axl says. It applies to Slash.

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah and Axl apologised for that because he was mistaken about the situation. He's also told a million people he'd kick their ass. 

Blues is about Slash, Sorry is a composite including shitty journalists and fans. Duff was also the one who said "Just shut up and sing, Axl" so there's that too. 

That's why they've never once played Blues which fits Slash's style way more and they've played Sorry loads including Axl doing his spin around from one side of Slash to the other thing and lean his arm on his shoulder. You REALLY think if it was all about Slash they'd both be doing that when they're still so tetchy they can't even play or release one new song in five years?! What reason did Axl have to lie back then when he said it wasn't about "someone I used to know?" 

I once wrote huge post on the Gyna called 'Sorry is about Slash: Why I Don't Believe Axl' and I went through it line by line, forgetting at the time that it was Duff who said 'shut up and sing.' Then a couple of really smart posters brought up The Blues. You go through that line by line and tell me why it can't be about Slash. 

2 hours ago, Faxl Rows said:

Shit, it's a real-life "Business, not personal" situation. 

And the crowds lap it up far more than they did at NuGNR's best shows. 

Some world. 

Is the money worth having to tour for 4 years,  being in a plane ride for 12 to 14 hours with someone you still after so many years still dislike?. Wonder if duff ever asked axl what else slash said about him when buzzing axls gate with perla in toe?.

1 hour ago, Faxl Rows said:

I wish that was the Axl Solo Band, or the band was called Chinese Democracy, or something. Doing big theatres instead of trying to ride the GNR name into arenas, and only 4-5 GNR covers per night, all the rest is whatever the fuck else they came up with. Zero GNR comparison or pressure. Multiple albums. Whatever Axl's vision was, fully realised. 

I reckon there should have been maybe one GNR song, maybe night train. All the rest of the setlist just straight up new songs, and treat like its a brand new band,  like Bucket wanted axl to do that was reported in interviews. I think maybe around 06.

It seems that if it was done as a solo thing, it would have given him artistic and creative freedom but i guess the record execs won in the end.

32 minutes ago, JordanRose said:

Yeah and Axl apologised for that because he was mistaken about the situation. He's also told a million people he'd kick their ass. 

Blues is about Slash, Sorry is a composite including shitty journalists and fans. Duff was also the one who said "Just shut up and sing, Axl" so there's that too. 

That's why they've never once played Blues which fits Slash's style way more and they've played Sorry loads including Axl doing his spin around from one side of Slash to the other thing and lean his arm on his shoulder. You REALLY think if it was all about Slash they'd both be doing that when they're still so tetchy they can't even play or release one new song in five years?! What reason did Axl have to lie back then when he said it wasn't about "someone I used to know?" 

I once wrote huge post on the Gyna called 'Sorry is about Slash: Why I Don't Believe Axl' and I went through it line by line, forgetting at the time that it was Duff who said 'shut up and sing.' Then a couple of really smart posters brought up The Blues. You go through that line by line and tell me why it can't be about Slash. 

I remember slash mentioning in interviews he doesnt pay attention to the lyrics, as to what they mean, for axl written songs. I think that was illusion era songs he was talking about. Not sure if that still applies to CD material.

7 hours ago, JordanRose said:

All the time you have to type out these walls of essays who some songs maybe be about......

Who gives a shit :lol:.........

33 minutes ago, JordanRose said:

Wall of essay? It's a couple paragraphs! You ever read a book?

Yes but unlike you I don't give a dusty fuck which song is about whom. So, I don't bother to type out walls of text......

24 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Yes but unlike you I don't give a dusty fuck which song is about whom. So, I don't bother to type out walls of text......

So you'd be the only Guns fan still posting about Guns on the internet in 2021 who was never interested in which songs Axl and Slash wrote slagging each other off. I guess lyrics aren't your thing, fair enough. I'm not really interested in the drums and bass. 

28 minutes ago, JordanRose said:

So you'd be the only Guns fan still posting about Guns on the internet in 2021 who was never interested in which songs Axl and Slash wrote slagging each other off. I guess lyrics aren't your thing

Not really. I mean, it's a given one half of Chinese Democracy is about Slash/Duff and the the other half is about Stephanie Seymour.

I'm not interested in dissecting each song line by line and speculate which verse is about who.

4 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

My friend how man times naked on top a skyscraper roof drinking gin have you sang along to it now ?

I do like to step out on the balcony with a glass of gin most nights. 

It's pretty clear Street Of Dreams is about Slash. Axl last played it in 2012 when he was still pissed at Slash, it was absent in 2014 for the first time, it's no coincidence that he was also ready for a reconciliation at this point.

The lyrics are basically Axl's 2000 Rolling Stone comments about Slash put into song. The only question is is the line "what I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore" in reference to the crow soul story? Some said that was bullshit but it sounds exactly like Axl in those days, it's really no crazier than his belief that his girlfriends killed his Native American children in past lives.