Where do you rate Buckethead as a Guitar player?

Rate Buckethead on a scale of 8 to 10  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Buckethead on a scale of 8 to 10

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Bucket is a true artist. The guy mastered his craft and never really stopped playing and creating, earned the respect of legends and his peers, and his catalogue speaks for itself.

He's one of the greats. 10/10

I dont know about one of the greats.

If i hear a song that slash has played on he instictively has that sound you can tell its him.

Bucket is the same sort of player as a John5 or ywigne malmsteen. Great technique but no individual sound. I couldnt tell them apart 🤷‍♂️.

The guy is though a true artist and releases music so i give him that.

Woukd have been interesting what further work BH and axl could acheive, but i blame the fat one for being to scared to move forward.

32 minutes ago, deelowbrown said:

It's the one unforgivable sin committed by Axl, and I've bitched about it for over 15 years.  Just listen to what Gordon and Ragnar have posted above, and ask yourself what might have been.......it is a fucking shame

Really wonder if the fat one has his own regrets about not pushing forward with him. With the amount of solo records BH has released he must have gave axl alot of material to work with that must have been recorded into some sort of instrumentals.

1 hour ago, Sydney fan said:

I dont know about one of the greats.

If i hear a song that slash has played on he instictively has that sound you can tell its him.

Bucket is the same sort of player as a John5 or ywigne malmsteen. Great technique but no individual sound. I couldnt tell them apart 🤷‍♂️.

The guy is though a true artist and releases music so i give him that.

Woukd have been interesting what further work BH and axl could acheive, but i blame the fat one for being to scared to move forward.

I wouldn't just lump him in with Malmsteen or John5. Bucket's tone and playing is unique enough to be compared to Slash IMO... not that they're really similar, but they're both easily identifiable. Check these out, some of his best songs...