Guns N' Roses 2021 tour and plans: OFFICIAL UPDATE AND THREAD

my name is bacdi

2 minutes ago, Sydney fan said:

I dont know why he doesnt do alot of the songs in that kind of voice.

Probably too taxing to do 30 songs like that. I get it, but he clearly has some sort of ability left.

I'm not expecting vintage 1991 performances, but some happy medium would be nice. 

Obviously you're gonna damage your vocal chords singing like that for three hours every week. The warmup and recovery time from it is probably too much effort, and his voice hasn't deterred people from buying tickets. 

5 minutes ago, MacDaddyRose said:

Probably too taxing to do 30 songs like that. I get it, but he clearly has some sort of ability left.

I'm not expecting vintage 1991 performances, but some happy medium would be nice. 

Obviously you're gonna damage your vocal chords singing like that for three hours every week. The warmup and recovery time from it is probably too much effort, and his voice hasn't deterred people from buying tickets

Neither did his waistline, but agree with having some of medium, because the whole mickey thing is a running joke.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:53 AM, Ragnar said:

This is funny. I doubt Ozzy knows how to strum power chords on guitar let alone, tune it down.

Well.... he does have sole writing credits on several of his albums.  It's amazing he was able to come up with Bark at the Moon and teach Jake E Lee to play it. :)

But I  meant his live band has been tuning down to D. 

Do we expect GNR to remain silent all the way through Autumn, Winter, Spring & return in Summer...June 2022 for the next tour leg dates of Europe? Or is there a possibility a couple more songs could be released or indeed the next album in that time? All other big rock bands seem to busy...I don't think maintaining radio silent is the correct approach.

12 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Do we expect GNR to remain silent all the way through Autumn, Winter, Spring & return in Summer...June 2022 for the next tour leg dates of Europe? Or is there a possibility a couple more songs could be released or indeed the next album in that time? All other big rock bands seem to busy...I don't think maintaining radio silent is the correct approach.

If we don’t get an album by the end of the 2021 it will be radio silence. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Virus said:

Have they cancelled the Australian leg yet?

Officially postponed till november next year.

Considering how shit the band including axls vocals were by the end of the US tour, covid has been a god send to this band.

God knows how shit the Aus tour would have been had they come.

I reckon they will be touring in Aus next year on the back of a new album.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JordanRose said:

I know Jagger never had to sing like Axl but just from a standpoint of energy, effort and desire to give fans an experience as close as possible to what he was like fifty years ago he's fucking incredible. He's 78, plays a 19 song set and from the footage this year he's do different than Bigger Bang in 2006. 

The difference between both is Jagger is an entertainer, musician and artist as he still insists on releasing new tunes as well as unreleased music,  where Axl is just an entertainer.

Jagger cares about the Stones in terms of leaving a lasting legacy. 

7 hours ago, JordanRose said:

I know Jagger never had to sing like Axl but just from a standpoint of energy, effort and desire to give fans an experience as close as possible to what he was like fifty years ago he's fucking incredible. He's 78, plays a 19 song set and from the footage this year he's do different than Bigger Bang in 2006. 

All he does is talk through harmonica. Which is a very basic blues technic. You can hardly call what he does singing. Stones' songs aren't vocally as demanding as those of Guns'. 

4 hours ago, Ragnar said:

All he does is talk through harmonica. Which is a very basic blues technic. You can hardly call what he does singing. Stones' songs aren't vocally as demanding as those of Guns'. 

1. factually incorrect

2. The comparison is not very fair, that's true

Still, Axl is barely able to move these days and he is not even 60 yet...

At least Jagger not sounding horrible with his band at fuckin 78 years old

Ian Gillan would be a more fair comparison, Gillan cannot really sing live since the early 00's but he had his voice until the mid-late 90's

1 hour ago, Doctor Dom said:

Ragner, Valiant Protector of Our Lord and Saviour Prince Axl.

I'm not "defending" or "protecting" anyone, you inbred dickface, I'm simply stating as it is. Go fuck a kangaroo or something. Since fucking animals is all you're rambling on about.  

1 hour ago, Doctor Dom said:

He also finds time to fuck goats!

I believe it'd be your girlfriend I'd fuck.....

10 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Yeah man, but like I said I'm more on about his dedication to being fit and looking and moving around like he always has. In 2006-2007 Axl was ripped and in 1992 shape. Now he's quite happy to slide onto the stage like Jabba The Hut. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Thunder said:

Axl was neither ripped nor in 1992 shape in 2006-2007. He was in 40 year old who works out a bit a couple days a week maybe if he feels like it but is bursting with coke energy shape.

Firstly, he was 45. Secondly if you wanna do side-by-side photo comparisons he literally had the same abs, body and his face didn't look much older. I saw multiple gigs from the front barrier and at 37 i'd have to do a LOT more than "work out a bit a couple days a week" to perform like he did.

I've got no idea what you fuckers are splitting hairs and arguing for. Are you seriously disagreeing with me that in 2006-2007 he clearly gave a massive shit about his appearance and quality of performances and in 2021 he couldn't give a flying fuck? What point are you trying to make?!