At their respective peaks, who had a cooler image? Guns or the Stones?

Knuckles

I think GNR lost their cool at their peak a little. But that’s why they were more relatable to a wider audience. Not sure when the Stones peak. But I think the Stones weren’t that cool. They were always seen at first as under The Beatles. One step behind musically. They were like posh kids acting tough, while The Beatles were working class doing arty experimental stuff. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

I think GNR lost their cool at their peak a little. But that’s why they were more relatable to a wider audience. Not sure when the Stones peak. But I think the Stones weren’t that cool. They were always seen at first as under The Beatles. One step behind musically. They were like posh kids acting tough, while The Beatles were working class doing arty experimental stuff. 

The Beatles were always so fucking safe and tame though. I don’t really view them as a rock band. They were basically a pop boy band with rock edges

Never cared for most of the Stones material. There Vietnam era stuff is ok. Pretty sure I never listened to them on purpose after "The Halem Shuffle". My God. Who told them that was a good song, muchless the "comeback" song to re-launch Mick & Keith???

GNR lost there cool little by little. ...

Axl using 18 inch gay cigarette holders....outdoor interviews with Kurt Loder... firing Steven for drug use......the bicycle shorts in 91 & 92.....The feather boa's....Duff's entire face by 91......Slash in general by 91...small cubes of ham......certain type of honey.....gay riders altogether........St Louis "I'm goin home".....The Metallica tour.....Spaghetti Incedent....Paul Huge......1993-2020.....

Obviously theres more. Alot more.

1 hour ago, Knuckles said:

The Beatles were always so fucking safe and tame though. I don’t really view them as a rock band. They were basically a pop boy band with rock edges

It’s more experimental though. Not heavy. The overall playfulness and different instruments, sounds. Now we are used to it, but they often did it first. I was listening to the Blue album and that’s kind of like the rock stuff. Just the variety of songs and sounds...I think tomorrow never knows is the first loop ever. Stones never did anything as off the wall as Sgt peppers. They are basically RNB band at core. The Beatles lost their minds and just did anything they wanted. Stones are more satanic, bad asses at some point. They were much darker. Beatles are much gayer though, it’s not beer and boobs music it’s arty bollocks. I’ve forgotten what we’re talking about? It depends what cool you mean. I think the Stones became what was cool. But the Beatles were the cool guys at the time. Self destruction and danger was what rock became. 

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Never cared for most of the Stones material. There Vietnam era stuff is ok. Pretty sure I never listened to them on purpose after "The Halem Shuffle". My God. Who told them that was a good song, muchless the "comeback" song to re-launch Mick & Keith???

Axl using 18 inch gay cigarette holders....outdoor interviews with Kurt Loder... firing Steven for drug use......the bicycle shorts in 91 & 92.....The feather boa's....Duff's entire face by 91......Slash in general by 91...small cubes of ham......certain type of honey.....gay riders altogether........St Louis "I'm goin home".....The Metallica tour.....Spaghetti Incedent....Paul Huge......1993-2020.....

Harlem shuffle wasn’t the lead single off that record, this was

Also dirty work (which Harlem Shuffle is off of) wasn’t a comeback album, it was a break up album. Mick and Keith weren’t on speaking terms during the production, there was no tour to support it, and each focused on their solo careers for the next few years.

Steel Wheels was the comeback record in 1989. Mixed Emotions, Sad Sad Sad, Rick and a Hard Place being the lead singles off that one

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Also cool stuff before and after the Vietnam era. This is from 1973

Just now, Doctor Dom said:

Lol miser

They were fucking pop rock, with isolated elements of coolness like Helter Skelter, Tomorrow Never Knows, Don’t Let Me Down, Get Back, etc. They’re like, the goody two shoes Harry Potter golden boy bullshit of popular music 

I’m conflicted about bike shorts. It’s kind of cool to wear outlandish stuff and be flamboyant, especially as most bands just turned up in jeans and t shirt. But were  they really cool. It’s like when Jules and Vince get dropped off after having their car cleaned. Sometimes they just looked like dorky metalheads. 

1 minute ago, Knuckles said:

They were fucking pop rock, with isolated elements of coolness like Helter Skelter, Tomorrow Never Knows, Don’t Let Me Down, Get Back, etc. They’re like, the goody two shoes Harry Potter golden boy bullshit of popular music 

Here I was thinking you couldn't possibly make any more of a fool out of yourself after your homoerotic tinged outbursts of a few hours ago.

I shouldn't feed the troll, sorry guys

Just now, Doctor Dom said:

Here I was thinking you couldn't possibly make any more of a fool out of yourself after your homoerotic tinged outbursts of a few hours ago.

I shouldn't feed the troll, sorry guys

I just don’t like The Beatles. Never been a fan outside of maybe 10 songs. Some people don’t like Led Zeppelin, some people don’t like Aerosmith, some people don’t like The Beatles. Just cause I’m not a fan doesn’t mean I don’t acknowledge they changed music forever.

I’m not a huge fan, I prefer Lennon solo. I was trying to say that The Beatles were seen as the cool guys in the 60s. They were at the epicenter of everything. Whereas the Stones were their own thing and they grew into it. 

Maybe its like Nirvana were the cool guys and Guns were the bad guys. 

I think the Stones were kind of cooler than Guns. GNR are more about anger and rage aren’t they? Raw emotion, not being cool. 

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

I’m not a huge fan, I prefer Lennon solo. I was trying to say that The Beatles were seen as the cool guys in the 60s. They were at the epicenter of everything. Whereas the Stones were their own thing and they grew into it. 

Maybe its like Nirvana were the cool guys and Guns were the bad guys. 

I think the Stones were kind of cooler than Guns. GNR are more about anger and rage aren’t they? Raw emotion, not being cool. 

The Beatles wanted to hold your hand. The Stones wanted to “spend the night together” and were complaining about a girl being on her period in 1965: “baby better come back, maybe next week, cause you see, I’m on a losing streak” on Satisfaction.