Is Axl simply not an innately creative person?

Knuckles

2 hours ago, Budd Dwyer said:

They are still touring stadiums...

BiB is a strong contender for the best rock album of all time (i'm not saying it is, but it's considerable)

You clearly haven't heard their discography

They had dynamics with Bon an with Brian

This "every song is the same" bullshit only true for their later albums since the mid-90's...

Don't roll? They are actually the closest to the original form of rock n' roll from the aforementioned bands, yes even Led Zep sounded boring when they tried to play classic 50's rock n' roll songs in live concerts (not to mention Plant sounded like an old faggot on them and their later record even when he was younger)

Plant sang about Candy Stores and Carousels, Bon sang about fucking fat chicks and partying...go figure

Can you show me an example where they have that classic rock n' roll sound? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity, not to be a dick. I like 50s era rock music, so would be curious to hear a heavy band tackle it.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:25 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

We're talking about Led Zeppelin here. Four pedophiles with basic rock instruments who played basic ass rock songs. Just because once in a while they shit out some garbage song about elves or some experimental crap that no one likes doesn't make them any better than AC/DC, a band that had its sound down to a fucking science.

Also I don't recall AC/DC's biggest hit being a case of straight up plagiarism.

AC DC is cock rock

On 3/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, Knuckles said:

Can you show me an example where they have that classic rock n' roll sound? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity, not to be a dick. I like 50s era rock music, so would be curious to hear a heavy band tackle it.

Bon Scott albums heavily have it if you really give it a listen. For example, personally i prefer Brian's voice but respect the OG Bon-era. Bon was great, but something never "clicked "with him (for me). He sounded too old, even when he was young. But at least he wasn't completely embarassing and rocked the fuck out. It was good for what it was back in the 70's, imho

They also did the VH1 studios show (perfect blending with older material mixed with the then newer ones, you can clearly hear the classic influences)

"I sweat nonsense: On ur mama! Really? That's what u write about? No shit! I work hard, it's good for ya n' I smell better than u!!

"Takin' shots at Slash n' reunions over Haiti nonsense: Never happened. Wasn't aware of any comments from the old lineup.

"So in closing...Fuck the LA Times, TMZ, Contact Music n' Spinner. I don't need 'forgiven' for alleged n' fabricated nonsense. I've no respect for mean spirited aholes gettin' paid talkin' shit at other's expense or irresponsible biased partisan politics wanna be journalism by dated hacks. Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold. So if we happen to play your neighborhood or for that matter anywhere at anytime regardless of the circumstances, presales, public sales, give aways, even free shows consider yourself uninvited. It's a free country but you're formally n' publicly not welcome.

"Bottom line is we ain't makin' efforts to rain on ur parade why piss on or take cheap shots at r's. Oh that's rt...how u make ur livin's all that counts not others, whatever. U ain't above anyone regardless of who or what corporation u work for n' unfortunately most of u'll get to learn that the hard way.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-frontman-hires-kiss-manager-slams-mean-spirited-a-holes/

Is he referring Slash? If yes, then holy shit, lol

23 minutes ago, Budd Dwyer said:

"I sweat nonsense: On ur mama! Really? That's what u write about? No shit! I work hard, it's good for ya n' I smell better than u!!

"Takin' shots at Slash n' reunions over Haiti nonsense: Never happened. Wasn't aware of any comments from the old lineup.

"So in closing...Fuck the LA Times, TMZ, Contact Music n' Spinner. I don't need 'forgiven' for alleged n' fabricated nonsense. I've no respect for mean spirited aholes gettin' paid talkin' shit at other's expense or irresponsible biased partisan politics wanna be journalism by dated hacks. Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold. So if we happen to play your neighborhood or for that matter anywhere at anytime regardless of the circumstances, presales, public sales, give aways, even free shows consider yourself uninvited. It's a free country but you're formally n' publicly not welcome.

"Bottom line is we ain't makin' efforts to rain on ur parade why piss on or take cheap shots at r's. Oh that's rt...how u make ur livin's all that counts not others, whatever. U ain't above anyone regardless of who or what corporation u work for n' unfortunately most of u'll get to learn that the hard way.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-frontman-hires-kiss-manager-slams-mean-spirited-a-holes/

Is he referring Slash? If yes, then holy shit, lol

Seems like a Todd Crew reference.

Axl comes across as completely unconfident in his own music. As if he's scared people wont like it or some shit. His production seems to point that way as well. Who knows how many Mickey Mouse vocals he laid out. At this point I could care less if he's creative or not (his production indicates hes a lazy fucker) his vocals have gotten so bad live that it should be embarrassing to him.

Though, I'm fairly certain he could produce somewhat near vintage Axl in the studio.