Rejected Interview Proposal to BBF

BBA

Alright. How do you explain that someone like Mike Patton who was so popular with Faith No More chose to put a term to that band and do "unpalatable" stuff, practically unlistenable to the hears of mainstream audiences, deafening stuff like Fantômas or Moonchild ?

"so popular"? Huh??

99.7% of the planet considers them a one hit wonder. Let's not act like Mike walked away from The Beatles here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_%22Bumblefoot%22_Thal

In February 2011 Thal logged onto the fan forum of the Guns N' Roses fansite MyGNR.com to complain about bandmate DJ Ashba and insult fans of Guns N' Roses. When asked about the current state of the band and his motivation to come online, Thal stuck to vague answers only and instead went on with his rants towards the fans and bandmembers. The actual conversation (Thal posted more than 50 messages to the Guns N' Roses fans in one night) though documented was taken offline shortly after by request of the band to censor their fans from actual discussion about the incident and not further hurt the public image of the band.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_%22Bumblefoot%22_Thal

In February 2011 Thal logged onto the fan forum of the Guns N' Roses fansite MyGNR.com to complain about bandmate DJ Ashba and insult fans of Guns N' Roses. When asked about the current state of the band and his motivation to come online, Thal stuck to vague answers only and instead went on with his rants towards the fans and bandmembers. The actual conversation (Thal posted more than 50 messages to the Guns N' Roses fans in one night) though documented was taken offline shortly after by request of the band to censor their fans from actual discussion about the incident and not further hurt the public image of the band.

Lies on Wikipedia? No change there then eh?

I can agree with that too gentlemen. I want the performers on stage playing the song. Doesn't matter if it is Appetitie or CD. Anything else is a cover band. That's just how it goes. If you don't mind it fine, but I want the originals.

I'm not trying to throw an attack or anything, I'm genuinely interested, but would you consider Slash's current tour a cover band?

I'd love to hear a studio version of Silkworms. :thumbsup:

That's the funny thing, regardless of whether you love or hate the song you still want to hear the studio version.

I dunno, I kind of like that synth-heavy breakdown in the middle. Keep in mind, the last time we heard it the band had only played a couple shows together. I think if they kept it in the set, it would have sounded better live.

A studio version would sound fantastic. I hope it's on the next album when they get around to putting it out in 2023.

Edited by sofine11

I can agree with that too gentlemen. I want the performers on stage playing the song. Doesn't matter if it is Appetitie or CD. Anything else is a cover band. That's just how it goes. If you don't mind it fine, but I want the originals.

I'm not trying to throw an attack or anything, I'm genuinely interested, but would you consider Slash's current tour a cover band?

He'd have to, I assume.

Exactly.

Look at it like this. If you polled 10,000 random people which food they liked the taste of more, ice cream or tuna, chances are you would see that ice cream wins the day. Why? Because the taste of ice cream is more "agreeable in flavor". Doesn't mean people won't vote for the tuna, just far...far less.

Jeez... you wrote "Better" is subjective. Palatable is not.. Palatable is, by definition, explicitly subjective. Once again, you are confusing what the majority decides it likes to what everyone likes. In logic, that is referred to as argumentum ad populum; it is a classic logical fallacy.

One of the most intelligent and knowledgeable musicologists that I know could care less for most of the Beatles and Zepp's catalogues. Most of pop music since the 30s is simple AABA shit that has been regurgitated since the days of Tin Pan Alley(Berlin, Gershwin, Rogers, Hammerstein, ect.).

And? My point is still perfectly valid.

Exactly.

Look at it like this. If you polled 10,000 random people which food they liked the taste of more, ice cream or tuna, chances are you would see that ice cream wins the day. Why? Because the taste of ice cream is more "agreeable in flavor". Doesn't mean people won't vote for the tuna, just far...far less.

Music is the same thing. "All You Need Is Love" is more palatable than "My World". "Stairway To Heaven" is more palatable than "Silk Worms"....so on and so forth.

Alright. How do you explain that someone like Mike Patton who was so popular with Faith No More chose to put a term to that band and do "unpalatable" stuff, practically unlistenable to the hears of mainstream audiences, deafening stuff like Fantômas or Moonchild ?

Don't you think that there actually is a world to explore outside of the "verse chorus verse 4/4" formula ?

How do you explain jazzmen ? They must be the worse musicians to have ever graced a stage right ?

Jazz is unpalatable. And no, I'm not trashing it by saying that. I'm just trying to explain the difference. That's why I used the food analogy. There are people out there that love the taste of all sorts of things most people find disgusting. Those things may be tasty to a small group of people but most people will never find anything favorable about them. Something like ice cream or pizza on the other hand, more people will say they like them. Why? Because those foods are more palatable to our taste buds.

Does that mean (using my old analogy) that tuna is not tasty? No, but it means it's unpalatable. You can use the term avant garde,obscure,weird,strange or cult like to describe unpalatable music as well. Basically it's anything that's too different for the average person to enjoy listening to.

Edited by combos

There's an interview with Ron today on hawkradio.org from 2-4 pm est. Hopefully he will address some of the real issues that the fans want to hear about, and not just talk about hot sauce or how he wants a new goldfish.

I hope they ask him the hard hitting questions like what he's listening to right now, if he's going to do any solo dates, and of course, whether he'll bring back the foot guitar. The future of Guns N' Roses hinge on these answers.

There's an interview with Ron today on hawkradio.org from 2-4 pm est. Hopefully he will address some of the real issues that the fans want to hear about, and not just talk about hot sauce or how he wants a new goldfish.

I hope they ask him the hard hitting questions like what he's listening to right now, if he's going to do any solo dates, and of course, whether he'll bring back the foot guitar. The future of Guns N' Roses hinge on these answers.

id personally be fine with those questions

I bet! :awesome:

From HTGTH:

That was fun !!! Funny to hear Axl tried the hotsauce :-)

Guest Cousin It

Jazz is unpalatable. And no, I'm not trashing it by saying that. I'm just trying to explain the difference. That's why I used the food analogy. There are people out there that love the taste of all sorts of things most people find disgusting. Those things may be tasty to a small group of people but most people will never find anything favorable about them. Something like ice cream or pizza on the other hand, more people will say they like them. Why? Because those foods are more palatable to our taste buds.

Does that mean (using my old analogy) that tuna is not tasty? No, but it means it's unpalatable. You can use the term avant garde,obscure,weird,strange or cult like to describe unpalatable music as well. Basically it's anything that's too different for the average person to enjoy listening to.

Wow!!?!! I don't how I can make it any simpler. Here, read THIS. If you think that your argument still has validity, read it again- and this time pay attention.

Re: "Jazz is unpalatable"; I can only conclude that your tastes in the arts are primitive.

Most would consider the album that

is from to be one of the greatest compositions every penned. In fact, a couple of years ago Congress passed a resolution honoring it as a national treasure... with no dissenting votes! Edited by Cousin It

From HTGTH:

That was fun !!! Funny to hear Axl tried the hotsauce :-)

Wow that must've been some hard-hittin stuff, I'm bummed I didn't waste two hours of my life listening missed it.

All of this shit is part of a grand scheme by BBA and others to get Guns N Roses to reunite. Anyone who can't see that is clearly an idiot (?).

I wish this is true so that we can at least get Bucket back. BBA, can you get Ashba fired as well please? Thanks bro.

bring back finck

WHY? We finally have a band that can play the goddamn music properly, and you wanna bring back the one thing stopping that from happening?

You mean the OLD music? I don't give a fuck about the old music. Doesn't matter who's playing it it's still a cover band. The only way those old songs would matter to me is if the old band was on stage, playing them. Until then, I couldn't give a rats ass.

If you brought Robin back then atleast Robin would be playing Robin's songs. That's atleast HALF way there. As of right now, you're hearing a cover band playing songs that two different bands wrote before them. It's a fucking side show and a joke.

Is this the first time we have ever agreed on anything LOL

I think we've been agreeing on things for the last 6 years or so. Ever since the bar decided to become an exclusive club. Once psycho bitch AKA Michelle took over, that place went to hell and I think we both realized that we were on the same team haha.

When they're playing Guns N Roses songs, yes. And just for the record, I hate it too. It's like, when Slash does the songs the music sounds right but the vocals are fucked. When Axl does them, the music is fucked and the vocals are right. It's always a half empty proposition.

BBA is making shit up, trying to confuse and manipulate people.

Wow. Talk about bullshit propaganda.

I was contacted by a guy just before the 2008 Skewrl leaks who went by this screen name. He stated the following: " I'm sorry for you, not sorry for me - You don't know who to trust or who to believe" (or however it goes).

I don't know about you all, but I didn't know these lyrics prior to June 2008. Is it coincidental? Maybe. But that would be pretty coincidental.

Anyway, it sounds like someone is slightly butthurt that his and gungay's relationship is a little sour.