Rejected Interview Proposal to BBF

BBA

I really don't like people being mean to Ron he comes across as such a nice guy and has always been open with the fans.

It's not fair to trash the current members in general. They are doing the job they are paid to do. I don't see why they should have to listen to the crap from fans about reunions etc. That beef is Axl, Slash & co territory so take it out on them.

If you wanna talk about that, ok... there's nothing I can do with YOUR opinion. You have yours, I have mine! And my opinion is that NuGNR>OldGNR and that Chinese Democracy is the best album ever made. You can't argue with that or even say my opinion IS wrong.

Actually, I CAN argue my point and against yours. How you say? I call it the "Beatle factor". See, it's one thing to be able to write music. It's another to be able to write music which moves millions and millions of people. It's the talent among talents. That's why the Beatles were and are so huge and respected. It's not just because they composed music together, it's because the music they composed together was universally loved/catchy and palatable. This is where we CAN argue and where the intangible becomes tangible.

Ron can't do it. He doesn't have the talent to write palatable music. He isn't talented enough to write songs that millions and millions of people want to hear and buy. That goes for CD as well. That record has NO SINGLES. There was nothing on that CD that became a hit and moved the world. That album came and went without fanfare. It's almost as if it never happened at all. It's buried, forgotten and laid to rest.

When you listen to classic rock radio, what do you hear? You hear SCOM (a #1 hit, by the way),Paradise City,WTTJ...and every now and again you can hear November Rain or Don't Cry. All of those songs were written by a band which had the talent to move millions of people. That is something Axl's new band can't and won't ever have. That is something Ron will never have.

So next time you say Ron has more talent than Slash, remember that you're only talking about yourself. Slash has been in TWO successful bands. Ron has been in none. Slash has written songs that millions of people enjoy, Ron has written none. Slash is better at writing palatable songs and better at composing palatable melodies. If he wasn't, Ron would be on the cover of guitar hero and Slash would have 3,000 fans, writing weird shit that no one really cares about and working as a yes man in order to get his name out there.

Edited by combos

Again the #fame factor.

I don't care about that ok.

Not fame...palatable music. And the reason you don't care about the ability to write Beatle like, palatable music is because you can't care. Afterall, if you put value in that, you're devaluing Ron and Axl's new band because they don't have the talent to do it.

Edited by combos

Again the #fame factor.

Not fame...palatable music. And the reason you don't care about the ability to write Beatle like, palatable music is because you can't care. Afterall, if you put value in that, you're devaluing Ron and Axl's new band because they don't have the talent to do it.

Well, just in regards on that... Justin Bieber (for example) has hit songs, but surely we'd agree that Buckethead writes better music? It takes more talent to write something musically sound (excuse the pun) than to write a hit three-chord song.

Guest saphire
That's where I got involved with the forum, hoping to see SOMETHING useful or interesting. I only see a bunch of jerks yelling at their so-called idols, people demanding things from others, some pissed off fans who are hoping for a reunion (which I hope happens, but I'm not holding my breath!) and general bitchyness. I like the community on the forums, lots of cool people, but there are a lot of assholes too.

Welcome to the reality of an uncensored fan forum..

I say this with all due respect, if you want to participate in a forum where nobody says anything negative about Axl and NuGnR I suggest you go join the "Here Today Gone To Hell" forum which is censored with an iron fist and you will only read happy postive thoughts about Axl and NuGnR...negative comments, mentions of Slash or a possible reunion will not be tolerated..........

Short of that I bid you welcome to the insane asylum......

Agreed, but this place welcomes all sorts, whether they be fans of the new band or not.

That's the great thing about this place, I hope it doesn't change...

As for the bitchiness and yelling at our idols, who the hell ever said these people were our idols? Not everyone is a 15 year old star struck love sick puppy who quivers because a quasi famous replacement guitarist paid us some attention on a message board.

Just because Axl pays these guys to play in his band doesn't mean we can't have our own opinion on it. People have minds of their own and don't need to blindly accept hired employees as Guns n Roses just because one guy says so. I'm old enough and lucky enough to have been a fan of the original band. When they really were the Most Dangerous Band in the world, releasing (great) music, making videos, giving interviews, on top of the charts, kicking ass, playing to sold out stadiums.

Your're right cc, there are definitley other forums out there who don't appreciate the greatness of what this band once was, and won't allow their posters to discuss it. Pretty ironic, because without that band, those forums wouldn't even exist today. Maybe this place isn't for the faint of heart, but I think if you're passionate about something, and if can stand up for your convictions, whichever side of the fence you're on, you shouldn't let other opinions get you down. Bitching about the bitching isn't productive and doesn't accomplish anything.

Again the #fame factor.

Well, just in regards on that... Justin Bieber (for example) has hit songs, but surely we'd agree that Buckethead writes better music? It takes more talent to write something musically sound (excuse the pun) than to write a hit three-chord song.

First off, Beiber doesn't write music. He has a professional song writer do it for him and secondly, no..it takes more talent to write "All You Need Is Love" and "Yesterday" than it does some avant garde, cult like underground LSD music. Writing music that makes 10 million people happy is harder than writing music that makes 10 thousand people happy. That's why there's so very few St. Peppers/Zepplin 4's/AFD's and Neverminds and so many "Abnormals".

Edited by combos

I sent my interview questions (which are pinned) to BBF's personal email the other day and received an email several hours late from, who I am assuming is, his lackie who is paid to preview his emails. Based on my questions, the lackie insisted that I must be joking. After he snubbed me, I registered an account at BBF's fansite and posted the interview in the main section of the forum where it stayed overnight. Needless to say, I received a slam gram the next morning from said lackie stating that he is going to encourage BBF to file a harassment grievance if I returned to his forum. I sent an email back that stated "LOL".

Regardless of what this cat may claim, he most certainly is under a gag order. Let's face it, if Axl were to say jump, I have no doubt that BBF would answer "how f'n high'?

I sent my interview questions (which are pinned) to BBF's personal email the other day and received an email several hours late from, who I am assuming is, his lackie who is paid to preview his emails. Based on my questions, the lackie insisted that I must be joking. After he snubbed me, I registered an account at BBF's fansite and posted the interview in the main section of the forum where it stayed overnight. Needless to say, I received a slam gram the next morning from said lackie stating that he is going to encourage BBF to file a harassment grievance if I returned to his forum. I sent an email back that stated "LOL".

Regardless of what this cat may claim, he most certainly is under a gag order. Let's face it, if Axl were to say jump, I have no doubt that BBF would answer "how f'n high'?

A fucking "harassment grievance"? You've GOT to be fucking kidding me. My god, that's just.. :rofl-lol:

A fucking "harassment grievance"? You've GOT to be fucking kidding me. My god, that's just.. :rofl-lol:

Dude, I shit you not. I LOL'd when I read it myself. When I sent the email initially I was very cordial (thinking BBF would be the one reading). I received a response in about 2 hours time and it was some "Alex" dipshit telling me that he doesn't forward joke interviews. Again, cordially I emailed him back assuring him that this wasn''t meant as a joke and that I really wanted BBF to consider doing this interview. I gave him several hours to re-respond, and when he didn't, I registered an account at the BBF fansite. My registration was approved by the admin within a couple of hours. After being approved, I posted my interview questions in the main section of the forum asking that BBF consider this. The thread stayed posted overnight. Sometime the next morning, I realized my thread was deleted and that I was banned. I checked my email and saw that dipshit Alex responded back with this harassment grievance thing. He never responded back to my LOL.

As ridiculous as harassment grievances sounds, I think now would be a good time to end this. Come out as the better man, and let someone else (BBF's assistant guy) look like the problem for a while.

If not that, at least hold off for a few weeks. Bumblefoot is obviously going through some personal troubles, and respecting those can also go a long way.

As ridiculous as harassment grievances sounds, I think now would be a good time to end this. Come out as the better man, and let someone else (BBF's assistant guy) look like the problem for a while.

If not that, at least hold off for a few weeks. Bumblefoot is obviously going through some personal troubles, and respecting those can also go a long way.

I agree with you here - and I've decided to do just that (wait a week or 2 prior to re-asking him to do this interview). You just reminded me that the assistant guy did state "BBF is going through a personal loss". All he had to do was say so and I would have been happy to leave well enough alone for the time being. Unfortunately, he mentioned this and went right into his ridiculous "I'm going to encourage BBF to file a harassment grievance if you email him again" jive. I remember thinking, you're going to encourage BBF to pursue legal action against me (for emailign 2X) while he's going through this personal loss, but you think asking him to do this interview would be totally out of line? LOL. :facepalm:

Edited by BBA

I love Google :)

Ill post more as I find them

page 1 (bumbles first post)

Page 2

I don't get it????? What was so dangerous in that thread that it had to be censored?

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 26

Page 27

Page 30

page 31

Page33

PAGE 40

PAGE 47

PAGE 48

Page 50

I can get every page from that thread

What was so dangerous about that thread that it had to be censored? It's harmless stuff.

Again the #fame factor.

First off, Beiber doesn't write music. He has a professional song writer do it for him and secondly, no..it takes more talent to write "All You Need Is Love" and "Yesterday" than it does some avant garde, cult like underground LSD music. Writing music that makes 10 million people happy is harder than writing music that makes 10 thousand people happy. That's why there's so very few St. Peppers/Zepplin 4's/AFD's and Neverminds and so many "Abnormals".

I used Bieber as an example, you knew exactly what I meant. Exchange Justin Bieber for any other flavour of the month, and they will make millions of people happy. Does that make them more talented than Bumblefoot? Buckethead? Slash's latest album? Chinese Democracy? I don't think so. In my opinion, the reason those albums are so far above the rest is to do with the chemistry in the band, how they write as a group, and is not up to the talent of one man.

I don't mean to get pretentious, but I actually studied music for quite a while and one of the examination sections was a composition. If you've ever tried that, it's a lot easier to write a homophonic catchy melody above some chords than it is to write to sophisticated piece of music. Which one do you think would appeal to more people?

I agree that those albums are something special though.

Well you were given a very flat and solid no from the admin and then decided to make an account in an attempt to force the interview through to Bumble. A restaint order may be a bit over the top but I can see where this guys thinking comes from. What you did makes you come off as kind of needy and slightly obsessed. Add into that the fact that Ron is by no means in a good place right now and your walking into a bit of a mine field.

On a related note, a real, serious, interviewer would not do what you did. They would email, if they got a no they would then say the interview is on the table if he ever reconsiders and then maybe contact them a month later. They would not create an account and post it on the artists forum. And they certainly wouldn't reply to their rejection with "lol."

Lets not forget that Bumble reads this place and follows it on twitter so he would have seen the thread title pop up. He will know of your past history on these places and probably thinks you are just following your well documented agenda.

Guest Indigo Child
Add into that the fact that Ron is by no means in a good place right now

Why's that?

One of his pets died recently, another is pretty much dying slowly in front of his eyes (has a terrible disease), his father has just been diagnosed with Alzheimers.

I agree with you here - and I've decided to do just that (wait a week or 2 prior to re-asking him to do this interview). You just reminded me that the assistant guy did state "BBF is going through a personal loss". All he had to do was say so and I would have been happy to leave well enough alone for the time being. Unfortunately, he mentioned this and went right into his ridiculous "I'm going to encourage BBF to file a harassment grievance if you email him again" jive. I remember thinking, you're going to encourage BBF to pursue legal action against me (for emailign 2X) while he's going through this personal loss, but you think asking him to do this interview would be totally out of line? LOL. :facepalm:

Why not just stop being a cock and leave the guy alone? He's told you to fuck off once so why not just take his advice eh?