Rejected Interview Proposal to BBF

BBA

Hi, Bumble. I sent you the below email and interview questions yesterday to your bumblefoot@AOL.COM email and the email was answered by an Alex D insisting that it was a "joke email". I assure you my request wasn't a joke. Would you please take a look at the email and consider answering my questions? Enquiring minds want to know ...

Bumblefoot,

Hi. I hope all is well with you. My name is BBA (short for bring back adler) and I am an active member of the Guns N Roses online communities. I will get directly to my request and ask that you grant me a twelve question interview. If you would agree, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED not only by myself, but the rest of the GNR fan community.

As you read through my questions, please know that I am not attempting to be sarcastic or condescending with the questions that I asked (below). I understand that some of the questions may seem somewhat blunt, but they are questions that are frequently discussed and debated in the communities.

Again, I would greatly appreciate the consideration. If you should agree to participate, I know that it will provide some much appreciated insight to the fans.

Thanks for your consideration.

Respectfully,

BBA

Guns N Roses is one of the most wanted reunions of all time. How does that make you feel?

You have to admit, based on comments made, the members in today's Guns N Roses seem to have absolutely no clue what is happening with the band. Why is that?

Do you view Guns N Roses in 2011 as a cover band? Can you understand how some would?

In a nutshell, why was there no US tour in 2010 or thus far in 2011? If you would, please elaborate some beyond it just being "business stuff".

It is widely theorized throughout the Guns N Roses communities that all members who sign on as an employee of the band are required to sign a confidentiality agreement / "gag order". Is this true?

Why won't Axl put out the remainder of the Chinese Democracy session material? Supposedly there were "dozens" of songs recorded over a several year period. Is it just a matter of the material not being any good?

If Slash walked on to an elevator that you and Axl were riding, how would you see that scenario playing out? Seriously.

Have you or any of the other members of Guns ever confronted Axl about the late show starts? If not, why? If so, how did that turn out?

Do you see the current lineup of GNR ever recording an album of original material together? Most forum dwellers don't ever see it coming to fruition. Ever.

Are the current members of GNR payed a retainer during the years of inactivity? If you don't want to speak on behalf of other members, are you payed a retainer during the years of inactivity?

Current GNR fans are viewed as some of the most abused fans out there considering how little the band communicates with them. By communicates, I'm not talking about you or Fortus discussing the type of guitars that you play. I'm talking about actual news regarding GNR tours and music releases. Why don't you feel like it is your place to communicate "band" information when you are in fact a member of the band?

Have you and the other current members of GNR (Axl included) ever been in the recording studio at the same time? If so, was there any output? If you guys never have been, in your opinion, why not?

Edit from Conor regarding Bumble's MyGNR posts:-

Edited by Conor
Updated with Bumble MyGNR Chat

A good journalist would ask some of those questions.

"Have you and the other current members of GNR (Axl included) ever been in the recording studio at the same time? If so, was there any output? If you guys never have been, in your opinion, why not? "

I'd like to know the answer to this one, adding at the end "... after five years in the band?"

A good journalist would ask some of those questions.

Exactly. To all of you who are whining that these questions are hurtful, quit your crying and exit the thread if you are so bothered. If you're interested in another dime a dozen BBF interview that is conducted by a Del James or Jarmo type, the content of this interview most likely won't be for you.

I couldn't care less about the type of amp he is using or whether or not he will be performing some solo gigs soon. That's great that he's a nice guy who communicates with the fans, but I'm more interested in finding out what it's like to be a salaried pawn in the brand? What's it like knowing that you have no say yet you are a member of the "band"? What's it like having most likely never collaborated in the studio (lead singer included) all at the same time? What's it like waiting hours knowing that you have to face thousands of pissed off fans when Axl finally does show his ass up at the gig?

If these type of questions upset some of you, maybe it's best that you stay out of the thread in the very off chance that BBF decides to grace us with answer. I also wanted to point out that I PM'd him these questions asking that he respond to my personal email in the case that my thread is deleted at BBF.com or if I am banned.

Let's see if he wants to chat or if his gag order will prevent him from doing so ...

Edited by BBA

I think they are good questions but you might have had better luck rewording them to be in a little less "blunt" beat him over the head style...As an example the "cover band" question could have been crafted to be less offensive yet accomplish the same goal.

But based on the history of no news out of NuGnR you really did not expect him to take you up on your offer did you?

Most of these questions are legit.

And yes, suprising for a guy so unabashedley butthurt by the original band breaking up over 15 years ago.

But some do not belong :

Guns N Roses is one of the most wanted reunions of all time. How does that make you feel?

Do you view Guns N Roses in 2011 as a cover band? Can you understand how some would?

If Slash walked on to an elevator that you and Axl were riding, how would you see that scenario playing out? Seriously.

These are just BBA being pissy and have nothing to do with the future of the band. They stand in pretty sharp contrast to his other questions, which does illustrate that he gets it. The questions I quoted show that he may get it, but also still has his own waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahgenda too.

I think they are good questions but you might have had better luck rewording them to be in a little less "blunt" beat him over the head style...As an example the "cover band" question could have been crafted to be less offensive yet accomplish the same goal.

But based on the history of no news out of NuGnR you really did not expect him to take you up on your offer did you?

Honestly, my goal wasn't to be crude or condescending with the questions. I honestly feel that they are questions that would make for a good , informative interview if answered. Point taken on the "cover band" question, but I'd like to think that any realistic individual could see how most would perceive these guys as such ... even BBF.

No, I do not expect that he will answer these questions, but I think it would be educational if he did. If he responded openly, I guess it would further prove that these guys aren't under gag orders. Unfortunately, I'm sure the outcome of this interview will only further prove that Axl has his hand up these guys' ass like the puppets that we figured that they are.

No, I do not expect that he will answer these questions, but I think it would be educational if he did. If he responded openly, I guess it would further prove that these guys aren't under gag orders. Unfortunately, I'm sure the outcome of this interview will only further prove that Axl has his hand up these guys' ass like the puppets that we figured that they are.

Which, let's be real, is your motivation.

The questions themselves are stuff we are all interested in, I think. But I would not put you in the camp of those interested because they are truly curious and wonder about the future of the band. I'd put you in the camp of people hoping to ask them to embarass the guy and "prove" that the new line-up is a joke.

Is this at least somewhat on the money?

Which, let's be real, is your motivation.

The questions themselves are stuff we are all interested in, I think. But I would not put you in the camp of those interested because they are truly curious and wonder about the future of the band. I'd put you in the camp of people hoping to ask them to embarass the guy and "prove" that the new line-up is a joke.

Is this at least somewhat on the money?

The three questions that you're crying about aren't entirely future band specific, I admit, but most good interviews aren't entirely one dimensional.

Sure, I could have stated it a little more PC and said, "How do you feel performing setlists that are mainly comprised of another band's recordings" versus the "cover band" remark, but who gives a fuck. Most good journalism is somewhat controversial.

A comment to the Axl / Slash elevator question would just provide some personal insight into how he sees that whole feud. Even if he didn't answer the specifics of that particular scenario, he could provide something that would tell us how he personally sees the relationship or lack thereof in present day.

Lastly, if I was a current member of a band that was hailed as one of the most wanted reunions ever, that would make me feel like my "new version" of the band isn't filling that void overly well. I'd be curious to hear a non sarcastic answer from BBF on his thoughts on the matter. Not sure how that's pissing and moaning as much as it is reality.

You would have a much better chance of answers if they wern't coming from you. There is a clear agenda in those questions that aligns with your own agenda. A random journalist would have a much better chance, mainly because they would reword some of the questions.

I still think they are good questions if you get rid of the agenda angle.

You would have a much better chance of answers if they wern't coming from you. There is a clear agenda in those questions that aligns with your own agenda. A random journalist would have a much better chance, mainly because they would reword some of the questions.

I still think they are good questions if you get rid of the agenda angle.

Most of the questions are valid for the most part, I think, but they are not being asked to get an answer like a normal interview. Coming from BBA, they are not being asked for that reason. They are being asked to "confirm" what the interviewer "already knows".

You're not a journalist. You're not a rock biographer. You don't even have a fucking music blog.....so why the hell would ANY musician waste their time responding to this garbage?

Yeah, I'd love anyone in the band to address some of those issues....but if nobody has said anything in all this time, what makes you think you're so special that BBF is immediately gonna get online and write back to you?

These questions are downright insulting. Most of them have nothing to do with him.

He's just a guy that plays guitar on stage with Axl Rose. He's never written any GNR music. He's just some guy. He's NOT Axl....get over it!

And as for Slash....how do we know he's ever even MET Slash? What a fucking stupid question.

I've always had a certain distaste for the more fanatical of the online GNR fandom...but the last few weeks as we get more and more braindead morons from mygnr here, this forum is becoming so tedious it's almost indistinguishable from all the other shitty sites.

I have nothing against Ron....I've never met him....have never listened to any of his solo stuff....certainly wouldn't know his name if he wasn't one of Axl's performers. But I feel bad for the guy...he doesn't know shit. And if he does, he's not allowed to say so. Same as Dizzy, Tommy, Fortus, and everyone else that has been personally hassled by this online fandom over the last ten years. Leave them alone!

Just cause Axl treats us like shit doesn't mean we have to treat his employees like shit.

Honestly, my goal wasn't to be crude or condescending with the questions. I honestly feel that they are questions that would make for a good , informative interview if answered. Point taken on the "cover band" question, but I'd like to think that any realistic individual could see how most would perceive these guys as such ... even BBF.

I don't doubt your sincerity BBA and I think they are all legit questions..... Hey I agree with you they are nothing more than a very talented cover band at this point, with no music to call their own, but I think the wording of some of them automatically puts Bumble on the defensive.

I think your timing is also unfortunate as Bumble is still smarting from the MSL drama....Good idea though...........

I think your timing is also unfortunate as Bumble is still smarting from the MSL drama

I actually didn't catch that one.

Was it really that bad? I can't get a straight read from the peeps at MYGNR.

I did not catch the whole thread before it was taken down but from the quotes I read Bumble got a little testy regarding the MSL allegations that he was badmouthing DJ and went on a minirant against a few forum members.....That is all I know..........

From my personal experience, I don't think you shouldn't have mentioned you offered a interview before he replied.

Just saying...

Why? I never made any personal guarantees that it would happen. I even titled my thread "Rejected Interview Proposal".

If BBF wanted to (and if he isn't under a gag order) he could get his ass over here and clear up some of these questions for the fans. If he chooses not to (aka legally he can't), well, that's on him.

Either way it's no skin off my teeth. However, it would show that the guy has some balls and isn't just an Axl Rose sock puppet. Plus, it would be a nice gesture toward the fans.