HOLY SHIT (Official MSL Announcement Thread)

Young_Gun

Even if he has absolutely nothing, isn't making threats in order to get something from someone extortion, regardless of whether the attempt is successful? I hope there's truth to some of this in that I'd love to hear some kind of announcement soon, but on MSL's part this seems like an incredibly stupid move. I'd be surprised if he doesn't run into legal trouble over this.

It's extortion if he's making threats to obtain something, yes. But is he trying to obtain an announcement from GN'R? Is that it or am I missing something?

Regardless, MSL has just made it such that lawyers for Axl and/or GN'R will contact him and make it clear in no uncertain terms that his actions will have consequences, should he follow through.

Ali

Even if he has absolutely nothing, isn't making threats in order to get something from someone extortion, regardless of whether the attempt is successful? I hope there's truth to some of this in that I'd love to hear some kind of announcement soon, but on MSL's part this seems like an incredibly stupid move. I'd be surprised if he doesn't run into legal trouble over this.

It's extortion if he's making threats to obtain something, yes. But is he trying to obtain an announcement from GN'R? Is that it or am I missing something?

Regardless, MSL has just made it such that lawyers for Axl and/or GN'R will contact him and make it clear in no uncertain terms that his actions will have consequences, should he follow through.

Ali

No, I don't think you're missing anything. He is "demanding" that they make an announcement Feb 1, or he will do it for them. So yes, what he is trying to obtain is an announcement. I'm just not sure if it needs to be something tangible (i.e. money or property) that you're trying to extract from the party you're threatening in order for it to be classified as extortion . . . But if I were Axl I'd certainly find out!

Anyone else think Axl (or someone close to Axl) may have had their computer hacked? People are saying these files are likely from a disgruntled ex or band-mate or whatever... I just can't imagine someone doing that to him that knows him personally. I'm wondering if maybe someone trojaned an image or something they hoped a member of the GNR camp would download/click, and boom, all their files become accessible. On a side-note, this power-point presentation may actually be available online to knowledgeable web programmers. It looks like all official CREEM magazine stuff, so the other possibility exists that MSL doesn't really have anything except some stuff CREEM has hidden on their server, and he is using info gleaned from that to try and coax out some people with songs. I just don't understand why he doesn't say anything about the songs except for titles. That said, I hope nothing personal to the band is leaked.

Apparently the information is as up to date as the 19th of January, so I doubt any ex-band members have anything to do with it. Plus the sheer volume of information (I'm told) means that the source would have to be out of action for a fairly long time to download it all. That suggests someone physically did it.

Provided all this stuff is true, of course.

So this has officially blown up.

What upsets me is how much of a let-down this will be to many GNR fans when this turns out to have zero truth to it, and nothing happens during the first week of February.

So when you look at this, it's just as much of a slap in the face to the fans who our getting their hopes up over this as it is to Axl for quite literally extorting him. Lame all over if you ask me.

So this has officially blown up.

What upsets me is how much of a let-down this will be to many GNR fans when this turns out to have zero truth to it, and nothing happens during the first week of February.

So when you look at this, it's just as much of a slap in the face to the fans who our getting their hopes up over this as it is to Axl for quite literally extorting him. Lame all over if you ask me.

No one should get their hopes up as this is coming from a non-official source...If it happens then people will be happy if not then they have nobody but themselves to be dissapointed in for getting excited over a rumour even if it is from someone who has delivered in the past..........it is not real until you actually hear the new songs otherwise it may be another false promise.............

Anyone else think Axl (or someone close to Axl) may have had their computer hacked? People are saying these files are likely from a disgruntled ex or band-mate or whatever... I just can't imagine someone doing that to him that knows him personally. I'm wondering if maybe someone trojaned an image or something they hoped a member of the GNR camp would download/click, and boom, all their files become accessible. On a side-note, this power-point presentation may actually be available online to knowledgeable web programmers. It looks like all official CREEM magazine stuff, so the other possibility exists that MSL doesn't really have anything except some stuff CREEM has hidden on their server, and he is using info gleaned from that to try and coax out some people with songs. I just don't understand why he doesn't say anything about the songs except for titles. That said, I hope nothing personal to the band is leaked.

Apparently the information is as up to date as the 19th of January, so I doubt any ex-band members have anything to do with it. Plus the sheer volume of information (I'm told) means that the source would have to be out of action for a fairly long time to download it all. That suggests someone physically did it.

Where was it said or shown that this info was up to date as of January 19th?

Ali

Where was it said or shown that this info was up to date as of January 19th?

Ali

I was talking to darknemus, that's what MSL told him apparently. Also there are a number of video clips in the haul.

I'm just passing on what I've heard, not saying this is all fact.

Understood.

I have a feeling that leaking songs is one thing, so is leaking band plans and/or news. But, MSL crossed a line when he started talking about band members current and former calling him in regards to back pay.

I hope he's as smart as he thinks he is. Otherwise, I feel this will end very, very badly for him.

Ali

Guys, I want to hear new music as much as anyone here, and would love to hear Chi-D remixes as well. But honestly, lets use our brains here.

MSL also stated that CD2 was turned in last year and rejected by Geffen, with a targeted November, 2010 release to follow. All of which turned out to be 100% pure-grade bullshit.

All the leaks he's offered us since 2007 has turned out to be little more than god-awful fan made crap he's tried to pass off as new leaks he's aquired.

Obviously things havent been going so well for MSL lately, and he hasn't been getting the attention he used to from us so he's gone and done something so utterly retarded that may ultimately end up with him being thrown behind bars. How cool.

I don't care what "proof" darknemus is alleging he has or has seen, this is obviously one giant lie that may have gone too far this time.

Guys, I want to hear new music as much as anyone here, and would love to hear Chi-D remixes as well. But honestly, lets use our brains here.

MSL also stated that CD2 was turned in last year and rejected by Geffen, with a targeted November, 2010 release to follow. All of which turned out to be 100% pure-grade bullshit.

All the leaks he's offered us since 2007 has turned out to be little more than god-awful fan made crap he's tried to pass off as new leaks he's aquired.

Obviously things havent been going so well for MSL lately, and he hasn't been getting the attention he used to from us so he's gone and done something so utterly retarded that may ultimately end up with him being thrown behind bars. How cool.

I don't care what "proof" darknemus is alleging he has or has seen, this is obviously one giant lie that may have gone too far this time.

Oh well. That's his problem. I just want to hear some new songs.

You sound like this is costing you something.

Scene - Somewhere in Europe

*Telephone Rings*

/Jarmo: Hello?

Mysterious Woman: Hi Jarmo, I have a thing for Pig Vomit a-holes. Want to get together tonight? I am in the mood.

/Jarmo: Sorry I can't.

Mysterious Woman: Why not?

/Jarmo: I have to delete MSL threads all night because I am Pig Vomit.

Do you sit in bed at night and note these pig-vomit jokes down on scrap pieces of paper?

Change the damn record.

Oh well. That's his problem. I just want to hear some new songs.

You sound like this is costing you something.

Kinda like the way you get when one mentions the prospect of a reunion?

I find it hard to believe that MSL is stupid enough to create such a massive lie, it's certainly not just for shits and giggles.

At the end if the day guys, don't get yourselves too worked up, but it's perfectly reasonable to get excited at the prospect of what's being discussed. If it turns out to be nothing at all, we're only back to where we are now.

I find it hard to believe that MSL is stupid enough to create such a massive lie, it's certainly not just for shits and giggles.

At the end if the day guys, don't get yourselves too worked up, but it's perfectly reasonable to get excited at the prospect of what's being discussed. If it turns out to be nothing at all, we're only back to where we are now.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

Better this than nothing...

I don't expect anything to happen at all.

But, I don't think it's necessarily a matter of intelligence to bullshit in such a big way. It's a matter of ego as well. And anyone that goes around soliciting interviews and looking for attention, like I know he did from the Talking Metal podcast, has a fairly sizable ego.

Ali

I think he did it for a reason. He wanted to get attention for being the guy who either A.) Got the reclusive Axl Rose to speak, giving him press and attention or B.) Getting the alleged hoarders to leak something out of fear that a release of some kind was imminent, getting him more of the same kind of attention that he craves.

If it's not real than I'm sure it's just part of an elaborate ruse to try and get new songs. MSL has always struck me as a man with a plan.

His 'plans' haven't worked in almost 4 years. I'm not counting Shackler's which was released on the heals of Chinese D anyway. Everything since has been pure rubbish.