HOLY SHIT (Official MSL Announcement Thread)

Young_Gun

Meh, possibly more ChiDem demos or the actual release of ChiDem II...........considering ChiDem was average at best I don't see anyone other than people on these forums getting excited.......same with the U.S. tour...unless it is a reunion announcement not too many people are going to care.........

You will see...

Meh, possibly more ChiDem demos or the actual release of ChiDem II...........considering ChiDem was average at best I don't see anyone other than people on these forums getting excited.......same with the U.S. tour...unless it is a reunion announcement not too many people are going to care.........

You will see...

I know the truth hurts Manets but you wishing that NuGnR is relevant again is not going to make it happen......Nobody has cared about NuGnR or ChiDem here in the U.S. so far so can't see that changing even with the release of the CHiDem leftovers.......

He says that he received a memory card from an anonymous source that had many documents on it. He talked about upcoming exciting things for GNR, and if they don't start happening on February 1, MSL will begin to leak information. He also said he has songs, including:

Atlas

Cuban Skies

Goin' Down

Jackie Chan

Light My Fire

Monstrosity

Silk Worms

Soul Monster

The General

Thyme

Tonto

...and that these songs have been given to his friend in China so that there would be backup if something happens to MSL.

He says that he received a memory card from an anonymous source that had many documents on it. He talked about upcoming exciting things for GNR, and if they don't start happening on February 1, MSL will begin to leak information. He also said he has songs, including:

Atlas

Cuban Skies

Goin' Down

Jackie Chan

Light My Fire

Monstrosity

Silk Worms

Soul Monster

The General

Thyme

Tonto

...and that these songs have been given to his friend in China so that there would be backup if something happens to MSL.

Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

this is outrageous

someone makes a powerpoint and everyone shits

No shit.

Anyone can make a powerpoint. I do it all the time at work. It's not hard and that screenshot in and of itself isn't proof that what he's saying is factual.

Ali

This is obviously a move on MSL's part to either bully Axl into making a statement, or getting people who actually have unheard tracks spooked into releasing them.

That said, it was pretty ballsy of him given all the attention he'll get from doing this. I wonder if Axl will comment on it.

axl reads many of the boards regularly and his thoughts on things will be revealed soon.

axl rose wrote an autobiography. i have it.

CD1 must first be relaunched before you can worry about CD2. let's wait and see if GNR's plans really kick off for the super bowl before i go ahead and spoil everything.

this is outrageous

No shit.

Anyone can make a powerpoint. I do it all the time at work. It's not hard and that screenshot in and of itself isn't proof that what he's saying is factual.

Ali

This is obviously a move on MSL's part to either bully Axl into making a statement, or getting people who actually have unheard tracks spooked into releasing them.

That said, it was pretty ballsy of him given all the attention he'll get from doing this. I wonder if Axl will comment on it.

There's a fine line between ballsy and just plain stupid.

Ali

this is outrageous

No shit.

Ali

Ali

Right. He may very well not say a word about this, but I cannot see how Axl will not respond to these outright threats. MSL may have bit off a bit more than he can chew this time. We'll see.

this is outrageous

No shit.

Ali

Ali

He either comes through and the legend grows or it is utter bullshit and he loses all future crebility..in any case he sure woke up the forums...just goes to show how desperate NuGnR fans are for any glimmer of possible news..

Our man here obviously gets off on the attention. That's been apparent for some time.

But, let's be real, people. Leaks are likely the best chance we have at hearing new GNR tunes for the next couple years. You can't seriously make a credible argument that Axl will suddenly go 180 degrees and have his shit together enough to have an album to us this year or next.

So MSL's motivations be damned, I say. This is likely our best hope.

Anyone else think Axl (or someone close to Axl) may have had their computer hacked? People are saying these files are likely from a disgruntled ex or band-mate or whatever... I just can't imagine someone doing that to him that knows him personally. I'm wondering if maybe someone trojaned an image or something they hoped a member of the GNR camp would download/click, and boom, all their files become accessible. On a side-note, this power-point presentation may actually be available online to knowledgeable web programmers. It looks like all official CREEM magazine stuff, so the other possibility exists that MSL doesn't really have anything except some stuff CREEM has hidden on their server, and he is using info gleaned from that to try and coax out some people with songs. I just don't understand why he doesn't say anything about the songs except for titles. That said, I hope nothing personal to the band is leaked.

Even if he has absolutely nothing, isn't making threats in order to get something from someone extortion, regardless of whether the attempt is successful? I hope there's truth to some of this in that I'd love to hear some kind of announcement soon, but on MSL's part this seems like an incredibly stupid move. I'd be surprised if he doesn't run into legal trouble over this.

The Piazza CD had came from an anonymous person. The information MSL has also came from an anonymous person, and darknemus said the person is close to the band. Very close.

If it is from an anonymous person, I think for darknemus to say the person is "close to the band" means that a) darknemus is the source, and that's how he knows, or b.) darknemus was making a logical guess based on intuition. I guess there could be an option c) - that the package from the anonymous source said: To MSL, from "an anonymous source very close to the band".

Edited by Sanity

The Piazza CD had came from an anonymous person. The information MSL has also came from an anonymous person, and darknemus said the person is close to the band. Very close.

If it is from an anonymous person, I think for darknemus to say the person is "close to the band" means that a) darknemus is the source, and that's how he knows, or b.) darknemus was making a logical guess based on intuition. I guess there could be an option c) - that the package from the anonymous source said: To MSL, from "an anonymous source very close to the band".

Logical inference based upon the data provided. The timeframe that this information dump spans and the nature OF the information dump suggests that its been collected for a while - and at least one (or more) PCs were used to produce / store / eventually distribute the data to MSL.

Probably a load of shite, but we'll see soon enough. I'm surprised we got no 5 second clips of some of the new songs though, he was happy to show us/read us some of the other stuff...

Guess we'll find out soon enough though...

PS: I'd kill to hear something new! Hopefully it's good!