incredible interview with marc canter

hopkins

he insisted that it was going to be better than the old band and that Robin Finck was his Randy Rhoads and compared it to Ozzy finding Randy.

That shows how delusional Axl is/was about his employees.

He truly has lost it if he thinks that is the case. Well he actually has lost it, we know that much, especially with the HOF letters, a crazy fucker through and through. To read the name Robin Finck in the same context as Randy Rhoads is hilarious and insulting to Randy. He didnt need to find a Randy because he already had a Slash.

I always laugh when people bring up the Robin doing a Stevie Ray Vaughn style solo for one of the unreleased (fictional songs) quote from Axl. The man can barely play the guitar let alone replicate one of the greats. A cack handed tranny muppet.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LRI: Would someone like a Susan Mckagen or a Perla Hudson be an issue, I know Perla is very visible in Slash’s career and Susan in Duff’s?

Marc: I know they are now but they couldn’t be in such a Reunion scenario. They would never be an issue. Wives and girlfriends are forbidden from the inner circle of GNR. I know this to be a fact. I even told Perla, “Just know that if Slash were ever to work with Axl again, you would not only not be in the same room but you’d be blocks away.” Nothing personal against them, they are wonderful, that’s just the way it’s always been.

:lol:

he insisted that it was going to be better than the old band and that Robin Finck was his Randy Rhoads and compared it to Ozzy finding Randy.

That shows how delusional Axl is/was about his employees.

He truly has lost it if he thinks that is the case. Well he actually has lost it, we know that much, especially with the HOF letters, a crazy fucker through and through. To read the name Robin Finck in the same context as Randy Rhoads is hilarious and insulting to Randy. He didnt need to find a Randy because he already had a Slash.

I always laugh when people bring up the Robin doing a Stevie Ray Vaughn style solo for one of the unreleased (fictional songs) quote from Axl. The man can barely play the guitar let alone replicate one of the greats. A cack handed tranny muppet.

Poor Robin. :lol:

I agree though. Randy and Robin in the same sentence? If he had linked Bucket to Randy then maybe he'd have a case, but Robin messed up the songs more than DJ.

Mark, could you perhaps clarify one thing please? You always make it seem as if the only disagreement about the name issue lied in whether Axl threatened not to go on stage or not. But Axl said this DID NOT HAPPEN during the tour at all. He said it was taken care of before the tour.

In that case I don't see the place for the miscommunication with Doug saying Axl wouldn't go onstage. This would actually have to mean one of the parties lies.

So was it 1991 or later and did Axl ever tell you it was during the tour?

Also, there have to be documents right? Could any of them just show it to the public and clarify this thing once and for all? I mean there is a date there, right? So at least that one thing would be clear for everyone.

Edited by alterreality

Mark, could you perhaps clarify one thing please? You always make it seem as if the only disagreement about the name issue lied in whether Axl threatened not to go on stage or not. But Axl said this DID NOT HAPPEN during the tour at all. He said it was taken care of before the tour.

In that case I don't see the place for the miscommunication with Doug saying Axl wouldn't go onstage. This would actually have to mean one of the parties lies.

So was it 1991 or later and did Axl ever tell you it was during the tour?

Also, there have to be documents right? Could any of them just show it to the public and clarify this thing once and for all? I mean there is a date there, right? So at least that one thing would be clear for everyone.

Didn't Axl say he got the rights to the name when they signed to Geffen?

The white lies are as simple as Slash once saying that he didn't like to play Sweet Child because it's not heavy enough. Joe Perry used to say that he didn't like to play Dream On for the same reason. It's monkey see monkey do. trying to act like it's not cool to play the song. Meanwhile he plays it now with his own band. Not that this has anything to do with what Axl is upset about., but it's just to give you an example of something Slash once said that he only said because he thought it would make him look cool. He did lie about going to Axl's house to try to make peace because it backfired on him when Axl or Beta went to the press with it. He lied because he didn't want to get in trouble with the VR guys over it. Thats more of an example of being backed in a corner. I think one of the biggest thing that Axl is upset over could be Slash quitting the band and leaving Axl high and dry. Axl had to start from scratch. Also those comments about Robin was when Axl first starting working with Robin and saw something in him that gave Axl a breath of fresh air. Maybe it was a few riffs that he heard and felt that they would make great songs. Like "Better"

What exactly did Slash publicly say about Axl that was so wrong? Is this documented anywhere?

Axl swears the much publicized story of him refusing to stage unless they signed over their rights is complete bullshit.

However, I can't pity Axl. Someone puts out what you feel is a lie, and you can't get off your ass to set the record straight or offer any competing version of events, you can't fault the people for believing what they hear.

Fuckin great interview, still reading though.

We interviewed Steven and Alan Niven and have an upcoming one with Vicky Hamilton but when we tried to reach out to Adriana Smith, a.k.a. Rocket Queen she requested a 150 dollar deposit to her paypal account. I mean, I really would love to but I still haven’t generated enough ad revenue to pay anyone nor has anyone ever ASKED to be paid (laughs).

:rofl-lol: pathetic

The white lies are as simple as Slash once saying that he didn't like to play Sweet Child because it's not heavy enough. Joe Perry used to say that he didn't like to play Dream On for the same reason. It's monkey see monkey do. trying to act like it's not cool to play the song. Meanwhile he plays it now with his own band. Not that this has anything to do with what Axl is upset about., but it's just to give you an example of something Slash once said that he only said because he thought it would make him look cool. He did lie about going to Axl's house to try to make peace because it backfired on him when Axl or Beta went to the press with it. He lied because he didn't want to get in trouble with the VR guys over it. Thats more of an example of being backed in a corner. I think one of the biggest thing that Axl is upset over could be Slash quitting the band and leaving Axl high and dry. Axl had to start from scratch. Also those comments about Robin was when Axl first starting working with Robin and saw something in him that gave Axl a breath of fresh air. Maybe it was a few riffs that he heard and felt that they would make great songs. Like "Better"

I guess it made Axl afraid to move on with G N' R without the people that were, together with him, responsible for the G N' R sound. He had to start all over again without knowing how. This wouldn't happen when he was a bit more open minded instead of playing the dictator.

not seen this posted on here

but this is fucking incredible and nails down once and for all the whole axl v slash thing and where they're both coming from

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2012/04/22/legendary-rock-interview-with-guns-n-roses-insider-and-author-marc-canter/

and this is news to me

It’s similar to the situation with Chinese Democracy. It was finished in 2001. I mean finished. There was a possibility that Slash could have played on a few tracks if he were willing to apologize to Axl and in the press for the things that he had made public about Axl allegedly blackmailing him. Axl was cracking the door open and saying “If you apologize publicly for the things you said about me forcing you out I have three songs and I’d like you to play on them”. They were three songs that Slash had written on and Axl wanted to do something with them and include them on Chinese Democracy which would have been so cool. That was never going to happen because Slash was too “cool” to apologize publicly first of all and second of all because half the things he wanted Slash to apologize for never happened, at least not in Slash’s recollection. Axl’s burying any option to release stuff with Slash’s likeness and that extended to his participation or interest in my book.

Like I have been saying! More 3rd party folks supporting Axl's position.

This is supported by the fact that Slash released his book to try to clarify his position. And at around the time of his book release, Slash did attempt to apologize. But his apology was very vague. All Slash apologized for was for "allowing his bitterness and anger" get the best of him, but he never specially said what things he said and did that were wrong. The apology was never specifically stated towards Axl either.

And what Axl wants is for Slash to clear Axl's name.

But Sla$h will never publicly take back the negative things and lies he said about Axl publicly. Because that would hurt his $wallet$. It benefits him more that the media and fans view Axl as the badguy and him as the goodguy.

not seen this posted on here

but this is fucking incredible and nails down once and for all the whole axl v slash thing and where they're both coming from

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2012/04/22/legendary-rock-interview-with-guns-n-roses-insider-and-author-marc-canter/

and this is news to me

It’s similar to the situation with Chinese Democracy. It was finished in 2001. I mean finished. There was a possibility that Slash could have played on a few tracks if he were willing to apologize to Axl and in the press for the things that he had made public about Axl allegedly blackmailing him. Axl was cracking the door open and saying “If you apologize publicly for the things you said about me forcing you out I have three songs and I’d like you to play on them”. They were three songs that Slash had written on and Axl wanted to do something with them and include them on Chinese Democracy which would have been so cool. That was never going to happen because Slash was too “cool” to apologize publicly first of all and second of all because half the things he wanted Slash to apologize for never happened, at least not in Slash’s recollection. Axl’s burying any option to release stuff with Slash’s likeness and that extended to his participation or interest in my book.

Like I have been saying! More 3rd party folks supporting Axl's position.

About time that Axl steps out of his fantasy world and puts his feet back on the ground.

I guess it made Axl afraid to move on with G N' R without the people that were, together with him, responsible for the G N' R sound. He had to start all over again without knowing how. This wouldn't happen when he was a bit more open minded instead of playing the dictator.

Nobody in the old band ever called Axl a dictator. Izzy joked about it once in an interview. But that was all it was: a joke.

Nobody in the Chinese Democracy era ever called Axl a dictator. Past and present have all said that Axl was very dedicated to making sure every one's ideas were equally heard and tried.

So trying to call Axl a "dictator" is nothing more than your brainwashed opinion. It is not supported by facts at all!

They were both playing the dictator to some degree . Slash was not willing to change the songs that he wanted to do and Axl was trying to make Slash work with Paul and Slash was not at all happy with The stone's song that axl had paul do some work over what Slash had already done. There were a lot of things wrong between them at that time. It had to come to an end at that point. They needed a break from each other.

They were both playing the dictator to some degree . Slash was not willing to change the songs that he wanted to do and Axl was trying to make Slash work with Paul and Slash was not at all happy with The stone's song that axl had paul do some work over what Slash had already done. There were a lot of things wrong between them at that time. It had to come to an end at that point. They needed a break from each other.

Thank you for your insight Marc it is really intresting to hear about this.

Ego's, the biggest rock singer of his era against the biggest rock guitarist of his era.

Cool to hear. I always found it kind of funny in a way that Slash hated what Paul added to Sympathy for the Devil. I actually think the guitar duel thing sounds great. I get why Slash was angered though.

Axl brought Paul in temporarily only. Paul is one of Axl's best friends. And just like Izzy, Paul doesn't enjoy the fame and big lights.

Axl brought Paul in to play the role that Izzy did. He brought Paul in to give that Izzy-like sound to rhythm guitar because Axl did not want Slash to highjack the GnR sound by turning it into a Snakepit like sound.

Slash does not like Izzy's sound. He has stated this many times before.

What Slash wanted was to be the sole song writer in GnR like he is with his solo records and with VR. As Axl stated, "on Day 1, Slash wanted me to join his band."

Slash's ego was hurt more than anything else. Slash got even more butt hurt when Axl tried out Zakk Wylde for a time there as well. In fact, I'm sure Slash quit shortly after Zakk Wylde was brought in.

Edited by Axl Rose Husband

So trying to call Axl a "dictator" is nothing more than your brainwashed opinion. It is not supported by facts at all!

Come on now. We have 25 years of evidece to draw from.

What's more liekly? Axl as dictator or Axl as easygoing fun guy?

I honestly think that it varies between the two based on his moods; that's why there's such disparity between people's stories of him.