Official HOF Discussion Thread/Axl's Letter to HOF

SONOFABITCH

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, can anyone explain what he is saying here?

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

He's saying that former members have been spewing lies and until each and every one of them is cleared up, he won't talk to them.

Thanks

I kind of thought that's what he was more or less saying. I was just wondering if anyone else saw it the same.

Interesting. So, let's say Slash and Steven came out and took full responsibilty and admitted fault for all that Axl considered wrong, would he then consider conversations and perhaps even a reunion?

I'd be curious to know the honest to God answer to that question. It kind of appears as if he implies it with this statement.

(And tbh, that's the only part of Axl's rant that caught my attention or surprised me.)

Axl in that paragraph clearly explains why he won't talk or reunite with some members of the old afd/uyi band. At the same time he sets the circumstances under which he will only consider talking to some of the former members and mending fences. He will only ever consider a reunion if some of the lies (according to him of course) said about him are cleared up and put straight.

If slash and duff do not agree with axl on some of the lies there will never be a reunion. Axl won't budge.

Obviously, it's a let-down and shit move on Axl's part, but to anyone who has been following this guy's saga for twenty some years shouldn't be overly surprised by any of this. I thought, at a minimum, he would attend, but I wasn't expecting any hero scenario on his part.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I am still hung on this part of his statement:

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

To me, this is a little more than a "it will be a cold day in hell" or "not in this lifetime" response in regards to whether or not there could ever be future conversations between the two or even a reunion. Has Axl finally stated his conditions or expectations on what would have to happen for these conversations or a reunion to take place? Is he saying that if Slash were to "set the record straight" on whatever it is that has reflected poorly on Axl, at that point, he would be open to conversations or even, quite possibly, a reunion?

Just playing devil's advocate and relationship counselor here, maybe the next petition that should be started should be addressed to Slash and ask if he could be more specific on what he may have done that pissed Axl off so badly. For example, if it's in regards to how Axl got the name, maybe Slash should say I wasn't completely honest (if he wans't) about how all of that went down. I'm not saying Slash should grovel at this guy's feet, but Slash has vaguely apologized in the past for his share of wrongs. I just wonder if Slash could ever bring himself to submit a public, apologetic press release where he apologizes in detail for some specific things - assuming that there are specific things. Would that really make any difference in Axl's mind - and would it lead to further conversations between the two like this statement appears to suggest?

If Slash truly does have any desire to ever mend fences with Axl or possibly perform with again, judging by this statement, it would appear that the ball would be in his court. Right?

[Disclaimer] I'm not accusing Slash of being this evil, malicious guy that Axl tries to portray him as; I'm just saying if Slash has been less than honest about things that he has said in the past, maybe he should own up to these wrongs (again, assuming he even knows what they are) and set the record straight; so that the fanbase doesn't have to be punished and "roll with" this less than interesting situation that we are stuck with today. :shrugs:

Edited by BBA

Bba i feel for you and the rest of the fans who wanted this, hell I'll even admit I was looking forward to a performance of the original gnr one last time, but unfortunately it will never happen now, axl has plastered in the final nail in th coffin

Bba i feel for you and the rest of the fans who wanted this, hell I'll even admit I was looking forward to a performance of the original gnr one last time, but unfortunately it will never happen now, axl has plastered in the final nail in th coffin

Thanks, but I'm only one of millions who you should feel sorry for. I just happen to be the overly vocal one who has repeatedly expressed my desire to see this on the world-wide net nearly every day for the last 6 years.

The way that I see it, in the end we are all lose, regardless of where we stand. Axl's firm position on the HOF and reunion matter doesn't make his current career path any more promising. Of course that is, unless the endless AFD tours with guys who have jack shit to do with that album is what gets you off.

Edited by BBA

Obviously, it's a let-down and shit move on Axl's part, but to anyone who has been following this guy's saga for twenty some years shouldn't be overly surprised by any of this. I thought, at a minimum, he would attend, but I wasn't expecting any hero scenario on his part.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I am still hung on this part of his statement:

To me, this is a little more than a "it will be a cold day in hell" or "not in this lifetime" response in regards to whether or not there could ever be future conversations between the two or even a reunion. Has Axl finally stated his conditions or expectations on what would have to happen for these conversations or a reunion to take place? Is he saying that if Slash were to "set the record straight" on whatever it is that has reflected poorly on Axl, at that point, he would be open to conversations or even, quite possibly, a reunion?

Just playing devil's advocate and relationship counselor here, maybe the next petition that should be started should be addressed to Slash and ask if he could be more specific on what he may have done that pissed Axl off so badly. For example, if it's in regards to how Axl got the name, maybe Slash should say I wasn't completely honest (if he wans't) about how all of that went down. I'm not saying Slash should grovel at this guy's feet, but Slash has vaguely apologized in the past for his share of wrongs. I just wonder if Slash could ever bring himself to submit a public, apologetic press release where he apologizes in detail for some specific things - assuming that there are specific things. Would that really make any difference in Axl's mind - and it would it lead to further conversations between the two like this statement appears to suggest?

If Slash truly does have any desire to ever mend fences with Axl or possibly perform with again, judging by this statement, it would appear that the ball would be in his court. Right?

[Disclaimer] I'm not accusing Slash of being this evil, malicious guy that Axl tries to portray him as; I'm just saying if Slash has been less than honest about things that he has said in the past, maybe he should own up to these wrongs (again, assuming he even knows what they are) and set the record straight; so that the fanbase doesn't have to be punished and "roll with" this less than interesting situation that we are stuck with today. :shrugs:

Obviously, it's a let-down and shit move on Axl's part,

Nope, it is Axl beng who he is, and it is why he is great, cause instead of going to this PC shithole of a show, and being on Ellen, he is just himn.

maybe the next petition that should be started should be addressed to Slash and ask if he could be more specific on what he may have done that pissed Axl off so badly.

Who cares?

Wrong, you have no idea what actually happened, nor will you ever, and posting like a bear with a sore ass over and over here, makes you look like a sewing circle member getting your blue hair done with the rest of the cronies. It has been 20 years, move on, my goodness. Do you realize how silly you look trying to decipher two dudes who just don't get along anymore? Shit happens.

Edited by Gunzen

It wasn't about a performance, at least not for me. It was about celebrating what they did. I know it sounds corny, but it was. Having Axl show up would've been enough for me. He could've not spoken to anyone, sat a different table and left straight after they got inducted, but him being there would've meant more than anything.

Meh, at least we get something to talk about on the forums for a few days.

Just playing devil's advocate and relationship counselor here, maybe the next petition that should be started should be addressed to Slash and ask if he could be more specific on what he may have done that pissed Axl off so badly. For example, if it's in regards to how Axl got the name, maybe Slash should say I wasn't completely honest (if he wans't) about how all of that went down. I'm not saying Slash should grovel at this guy's feet, but Slash has vaguely apologized in the past for his share of wrongs. I just wonder if Slash could ever bring himself to submit a public, apologetic press release where he apologizes in detail for some specific things - assuming that there are specific things. Would that really make any difference in Axl's mind - and it would it lead to further conversations between the two like this statement appears to suggest?

Axl is the only one standing in the way of a reunion. The bal is in Axls court he is the one being childish

Am I the only one who feels that, beside being a dick move, it's also very sad that Axl declined his own induction ?

I mean, come on, say what you want about him today but he truly was one of the very best.

He always makes it hard to support him but I kinda feel bad for him that he would go to that extent ( negate his own legacy ) to not compromise his current situation, as little as it is compared to what it once was :mellow: