Official HOF Discussion Thread/Axl's Letter to HOF

SONOFABITCH

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he hates the people who made him a success to the point where he doesn't want to be inducted, why does he milk the shit out of songs from Appetite, Lies, and the UYIs for the majority of his shows, instead of attempting to move forward with new songs with the nu guys? Sure has no problem cashing in the benefits of yesteryear when it's beneficial to him...

I didnt see the word hate anywhere, just disagreements with those who trumped up reunions stories and tried to undermine his current band.

Edited by Gunzen

If he hates the people who made him a success to the point where he doesn't want to be inducted, why does he milk the shit out of songs from Appetite, Lies, and the UYIs for the majority of his shows, instead of attempting to move forward with new songs with the nu guys? Sure has no problem cashing in the benefits of yesteryear when it's beneficial to him...

I didnt see the word hate anywhere, just disagreements with those who trumped up reunions stories and tried to undermine his current band.

Suck a cock you fucking faggot!

He is definately disrespecting the fans by refusing to get inducted.

Yeah, cause the HOF is so respected by fans :rofl-lol:

It's not about the HOF. It's about Axl being disrespectful. Except a handful of loonies like you, most fans will feel offended by this move.

I think it is about him being honest, and respectful to his band. Something he was criticized for. He is 50, let it go, damn. If you feel disrespected, you have the power to not participate in the bands activities, just like he has the right not to participate with Slash or HOF. Goes both ways. He is a rock star, not a politician.

I found it refreshing to show such support for his band. I didn't see any disrespect to anyone in that letter, who did not have it coming. If you don't like it, move on, he did.

Except the "members" of his nu band SUPPORTED him to go. They thought it'd be a cool thing. The rest seems like such a cop out. Axl's not going because he's an overgrown crybaby that can't let go of a stupid "who's dick is bigger" competition. It's one thing he doesn't wanna play, but not only does he not wanna attend, he doesn't want to be inducted along with the group of people that got him where he is today. THAT'S fucking ridiculous.

I've said from day one more harm than good would happen if he didn't attend compared to the alternative solution. Can't wait to see I was right...

I would respect his statement a lot more if he wouldn't be touring as "Guns N' Roses" for over a decade now and night after night be playing shows that to 75% consist of the music the band that gets inducted gets inducted for.

With his statement, he just lost the last bit of artistic integrity he had left, he didn't fuck the "industry" or the "liars", he just buttfucked MUSIC and ultimately, himself and his fans. Personal reasons, yeah? Monetary reason more than anything as the attention on the real band would ruin the lame ticket sales in Europe even more. Revisionism? WTF?? We just love your music and wanted to CELEBRATE it with you one last time motherfucker. Seriously FUCK YOU!!!

It's 2012 and rock music is dead, talentless hipsters and wannabes everywhere. The last great rockband gets induicted and their lead singer declines to what in his derranged perception is "going with the protocol" of the "industry". No matter how much he disagrees with the idea of a HOF and their policy, this induction wasn't about him or the other guys for that matter. It was about their MUSIC and ultimately for their fans.

People get divorced yeah, but if their children invite them to celebrate their fucking birthday don't you think they could have matured up enough to put their personal grief beneath the wish and joy of the kids one fucking time? This is called respect and it's something you can maintain even when love has long died. It's the little difference that makes the past a part of yourself and not just a moment in time.

Izzy, Duff, Slash and Steven should decline the award out of protest against Axl now. That would be one hell of a spine statement and I would love to see Axl's reaction to that. It's not Guns without Axl, no matter how much it is Guns to Axl without these guys. They realised and referenced that loud and clear. With his statement he just proved he didn't even listen and never learned one damn thing.

Maybe there's a layer I don't get in all that, but then again I have to go with what I am provided with. And that's nothing but a pile of bullshit.

I''ve been a supporter of the "new" lineup ever since Buckethead joined. But after this statement, it's over.

He lost me today.

I would respect his statement a lot more if he wouldn't be touring as "Guns N' Roses" for over a decade now and night after night be playing shows that to 75% consist of the music the band that gets inducted gets inducted for.

He doesn't think of Gn'R as of himself, Izzy, Duff, Adler and Slash. That's where all the differences between his opinion and your opinion come from.

He doesn't think of Gn'R as of himself, Izzy, Duff, Adler and Slash. That's where all the differences between his opinion and your opinion come from.

He thinks he can remember being fucked in the ass as a baby too though

I havent read through all the post but this quote gives hope that one day Axl and Slash can work things out:

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

In the end im disappointed... i was hopping axl and slash would at least have a conversation. Axl's divorce scenario is perfect... its like the fans are GnR's kids and Axl and Slash are the parents.. BUUUT arent divorces easier on everyone even when couples have remarried when the divorced couple gets along? I have a very good relationship with my ex. I took the high road for the sake of our son. We all spend holidays together, Hell me and my son's stepdad flew up to Toronto form FL to see GnR. Slash is the Elephant in the room with GnR in its current state. Nobody wants to talk about him, no one wants to upset Axl. Just make peace with each-other so we can have shows without people writing about having to turn their Slash shirt inside-out.

Maybe you should read my full post.

And unlike him, I have an actual opinion. And it is not based on stuff that happened 20 years ago. It's based on what I see today.

He keeps touring as Guns N' Roses and playing AFD material every night but declines to give everyone and everything that made that name and these songs honorable the least bit of his honor.

He has proven himself to be UNWORTHY in all aspects.