Official HOF Discussion Thread/Axl's Letter to HOF

SONOFABITCH

Next thing you know he will sue the HOF for using his band name.

Yeah. That'll be the next time we'll get a press release from Axl. :facepalm:

Letter is a total cop out and full of crap. He was only looking for an excuse and it's awful how he tried to play the victim in it.

I guess there was some talks though and it explains the recent outbursts now. The guys obviously got the memo that Axl wasn't coming. I feel sorry for them having to deal with someone like A. Rose. The only mind his decisions make sense in are his own.

I'm not shocked or surprised it's just sad to see it all in black and white. The guy could be amazing and could've came out on top from this but he just won't do it.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well fuck that. He has just let down millions of his fans and ruined the induction night for the rest of the inductees.

It's not the same if he isn't gonna be inducted.

Realistically, nobody expected a full blown reunion, but it would have been respect for him to at least accept the award with the other guys. All he had to do was show up, get the award ad leave.

I never thought I would say this, but I am finished with Axl Rose and his band and won't be going to see them next month.

Any more releases from him and his band looks slim, so what does his fans have to look forewarn to?

Well, that's that. Guess that also confirms the reason a reunion at the show wasn't happening because of Axl. Sorry, but he does deserve the ridicule. There's no reason he can't show up for 20 minutes for a special treat. All for a stupid, petty pissing contest.

Guess we can get back to waiting for CD 2 :rolleyes: . All 80-90 nu guns fans probably have a raging boner right now... :facepalm:

Did you even read the letter? He has moved on, why cant you guys just accept this? Damn, he wrote a mature succinct letter explaining his commitment to the current band, and that he has moved on. Why the fuck is that wrong? Cause that's not what YOU want? OMFG, it is his life.

Just get over it, and don't buy a ticket then.

I love it, he just thumbed his noses at all you jilted lovers who cant just let him enjoy his life. BBA, suck it. :rofl-lol:

Thanks for the enlightening post dickwad. :CoolFace:

Well, that's that. Guess that also confirms the reason a reunion at the show wasn't happening because of Axl. Sorry, but he does deserve the ridicule. There's no reason he can't show up for 20 minutes for a special treat. All for a stupid, petty pissing contest.

Guess we can get back to waiting for CD 2 :rolleyes: . All 80-90 nu guns fans probably have a raging boner right now... :facepalm:

Sorry, bro.

Go Axl, fuck the Hall of Fame.

It's not even about the HOF. I don't think anyone even cares about the actual HOF. It's the principal. It was the only chance we had for some kind of reunion.

Again, can anyone explain what he is saying here?

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

Edited by BBA

Whilst I never expected a performance or anything, it's a shame Axl won't be there, and even more of a shame he doesn't wish to even be inducted, but hell... at least he didn't just no show. He's made his stance perfectly clear, and that's fair enough.

At the end of the day, at least he explained it.

Actually he has been saying this for years, and people refuse to listen. I don't know how you can possibly go to a show and not see these guys are having fun. Why he would want to break that up, or cause a rift is beyond me. Let him be happy, he isnt bothering anyone right now. Just living his life, just like you do.

Oh, I still think he's a douche and has made a stupid decision, but at least he's given us his reason.

So is this the proverbial last straw that finally ends the NuGuns phase of Axl's career?

Talk about taking a big old shit on the good will of everyone that ever supported him. For fuck's sake....dude can't even show up, pose for some pictures, and go home?

Well, at least the other 4 (or 3 if Izzy is also a no-show) can say, do and play whatever the fuck they want now without having to walk on eggshells.

Fucking douchebag.

to say that

This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn.

it's full of barbs and jabs, that are blatantly aimed at certain former employees

i'd expect this kind of letter from a wronged teenager, not a grown man

Again, can anyone explain what he is saying here?

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

He's saying that former members have been spewing lies and until each and every one of them is cleared up, he won't talk to them.

Thanks

I kind of thought that's what he was more or less saying. I was just wondering if anyone else saw it the same.

Interesting. So, let's say Slash and Steven came out and took full responsibilty and admitted fault for all that Axl considered wrong, would he then consider conversations and perhaps even a reunion?

I'd be curious to know the honest to God answer to that question. It kind of appears as if he implies it with this statement.

(And tbh, that's the only part of Axl's rant that caught my attention or surprised me.)

Edited by BBA

Sorry, bro.

Go Axl, fuck the Hall of Fame.

It's not even about the HOF. I don't think anyone even cares about the actual HOF. It's the principal. It was the only chance we had for some kind of reunion.

Exactly, it really wasn't about the HOF. It was about the chance that he would listen to his fans, his fans that have supported him in some cases as long as 25 years, and do the right thing and at least be there with the rest of the originals to accept an award. But nope, he couldn't even do that.

So he says he's not out to offend anyone, then takes shots at pretty much everybody.

He says it's a simple explanation, then plays the victim as hard as he can.

Yup, this is about par for the course.

Honestly, I would give a great deal of money to be around Axl when he loses his keys. The amount of rage intertwined with hand-wringing sorrow and paranoia must be off the charts.

If he hates the people who made him a success to the point where he doesn't want to be inducted, why does he milk the shit out of songs from Appetite, Lies, and the UYIs for the majority of his shows, instead of attempting to move forward with new songs with the nu guys? Sure has no problem cashing in the benefits of yesteryear when it's beneficial to him...

He is definately disrespecting the fans by refusing to get inducted.

Yeah, cause the HOF is so respected by fans :rofl-lol:

It's not about the HOF. It's about Axl being disrespectful. Except a handful of loonies like you, most fans will feel offended by this move.

I think it is about him being honest, and respectful to his band. Something he was criticized for. He is 50, let it go, damn. If you feel disrespected, you have the power to not participate in the bands activities, just like he has the right not to participate with Slash or HOF. Goes both ways. He is a rock star, not a politician.

I found it refreshing to show such support for his band. I didn't see any disrespect to anyone in that letter, who did not have it coming. If you don't like it, move on, he did.