Slash 2012-2013 Tour

John Bonham

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copenhagen.. :rock3:

Great that its a bit in the tour, that should mean they are in top form.. Going with my bro, but considering going to the hotel and get drinks beforehand, everybody who plays in Copenhagen stays the same place, so there should be a decent chance of meeting him.

I've never really been big on that though, never say that much.. Its always "your great" and "thanks alot".. I would love to hang with them, but the other things does'nt really get me off. Though a picture is fun to have..

Met Keith and Josh Todd from Buckcherry. Keith was cool, Josh was a dickhead.. :shrugs2:

Copenhagen.. :rock3:

Great that its a bit in the tour, that should mean they are in top form.. Going with my bro, but considering going to the hotel and get drinks beforehand, everybody who plays in Copenhagen stays the same place, so there should be a decent chance of meeting him.

I've never really been big on that though, never say that much.. Its always "your great" and "thanks alot".. I would love to hang with them, but the other things does'nt really get me off. Though a picture is fun to have..

Met Keith and Josh Todd from Buckcherry. Keith was cool, Josh was a dickhead.. :shrugs2:

I think they are going to play one of the radio station festivals here in Connecticut this coming May.

Nice.. Are you going ?

Its funny to me that you have radio station festivals, its typically rock bands that play there right ? I know you also have Coachella, T in the park and some others, but what sort of Rock festivals do you guys have ? I know of Orion and Ozzfest, but thats about it, and they are fairly new. Then there was Woodstock and though it carried on, it never were the same. Do you have others ?

Its sort of strange because its like its reversed here, where in the 70's the hippy's created that whole festival scene and then through 80's and 90's its obviously been dominated by rock, then its gradually been going downhill, although its still 50 %, you do see a shift more into rap and the various Dj genres. They always proclaim diversity, but it seems a younger audience and money is the real draw. Kinda bums me out, cause there's been coming alot of great and young RNR and to see it not get a chance sucks, because festivals used to be "their" outlet, more than wellknown rap acts or whatever.

We have got this new thing called Copenhell, that is awesome, its mostly Metal in all its forms though, and being a more RNR based guy, there's alot of bands that doesnt really hit. Others have been cool, Megadeth, Machine Head, Danko Jones, Marilyn Manson, among others have played, metal is decent in size, but not in the eye of the GP, I was wondering how that compares to you guys, because I've just seen the doc' Metal; A Headbangers Journey, which was a cool thing, but it showed it as being somewhat outcast in the states, and when I was there it was'nt really "there" (in lack of a better term), LA had their few RNR guys and NYC had their Indy (Williamsburg), sort of thing going, but it did'nt seem, obvious ?!

Nice.. Are you going ?

Yes, of course, I'd go to any Slash gig within 150 miles.

Last year the "Big Gig" had:

Staind

Godsmack

Volbeat

Hellyeah

Black Stone Cherry

Art of Dying

Steel Panther

Pop Evil

Aranda

Jasta

Dead Sara

Dead By Wednesday

They tried to get Slash last year but he was already playing a different regional festival.

Nice.. Are you going ?

Yes, of course, I'd go to any Slash gig within 150 miles.

Last year the "Big Gig" had:

Staind

Godsmack

Volbeat

Hellyeah

Black Stone Cherry

Art of Dying

Steel Panther

Pop Evil

Aranda

Jasta

Dead Sara

Dead By Wednesday

They tried to get Slash last year but he was already playing a different regional festival.

I believe it was rock on the range they played the day of the big gig. They insist on having the it the Saturday of ROTR weekend which annoys me. Unless Slash and the guys get booked for Sunday at ROTR I can't see them playing the big gig. Where'd you hear they might be playing?

I believe it was rock on the range they played the day of the big gig. They insist on having the it the Saturday of ROTR weekend which annoys me. Unless Slash and the guys get booked for Sunday at ROTR I can't see them playing the big gig. Where'd you hear they might be playing?

Mike Karolyi said that they are trying to book Slash for the Big Gig. Don't know if it will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mike Karolyi said that they are trying to book Slash for the Big Gig. Don't know if it will happen.

No SLASH @ Rock on the Range this year:

No SLASH @ Rock on the Range this year:

I noticed that. it gives me a minute amount of hope that Karolyi and Koplik may actually have a chance of getting Slash and the guys at the Big Gig. :)