The biggest crashgrab ever continues [hired hands inside]

LaRocker

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Slash is one of the most emotional guitar players that I've ever met or ever seen, and coming from Indiana, I used to play with this guitar player named Paul and I learned about blues and emotionalism and stuff through him, and he was a big Page fanatic, and then I came to LA and I saw all these people trying to be Eddie van Halen, and it took five years to find somebody who played more from the heart rather than just trying to be the fastest, trying to do this and that to be a big rock star, someone who'll, like, he'll be very quiet and stuff most of the time and really won't let a lot of himself out until he picks up a guitar, and then his heart and soul seems to pour out through the guitar, and it's just like, I sit down a lot of times at shows, I'll sit right on the stage, right in front of his (Slash's) amp when he's doing a solo, because it just, it means so much to me just to hear that."--Axl Rose, 1988.

Exact opposite of what Ron is.

Not really.

But BBF is one of those guitar players who was more in the Eddie van Halen sort of "play as fast as possible and that makes you great" school of guitar players. His playing is basically the sort of guitar playing that GN'R wasn't supposed to be about. Buckethead may have shredded, but he was also capable of putting emotion in his solos. Finck may have sucked live, but his solos in the studio had emotion. BBF's solos don't. They're just fast guitar wankery (for example, the elephant solo in Shackler's)....Not really in the spirit of GN'R.

A guitarist may be technically great, may be able to sing in Whisper Mode or whatever...But name me one legendary riff BBF has come up with (ala Jungle) or one legendary, all time beloved solo (like November Rain's). Being technically great doesn't make you great overall.

yes because fretless guitars suck. simple.

:facepalm:

Excuse me, as that has nothing to do with Guns n' Roses, Slash, Axl, or any of that shit but :

You are a complete idiot.

Have you ever thought of the possibility that this instrument was not invented to play Guns n' Roses songs on them you fucking fool ?

It has a fucking purpose. Not everything revolves around your shitty band.

Edited by BBB

yes because fretless guitars suck. simple.

:facepalm:

Excuse me, as that has nothing to do with Guns n' Roses, Slash, Axl, or any of that shit but :

You are a complete idiot.

Have you ever thought of the possibility that this instrument was not invented to play Guns n' Roses songs on them you fucking fool ?

It has a fucking purpose. Not everything revolves around your shitty band.

I wouldn't say kostabi's right or that he's wrong. All that i know is that i've been playing guitar for way to long to hear a fucking 17 year old tell me what is and what's not.

So, i'll tell you: Fretless guitar is not hard to play . It's basicaly something to make it easier to play. Take it from someone who knows. And I'm not saying that BBF is worst beacuse of that,

what I'm trying to proove Broski is that whatever fast shit BBF plays on the guitar, every guitarist knows what to do. While I'm not saying Slash is my favourite player, Page is, but still, the feud on this topic

is about BBF and Slash, so let me continue, Slash's better because what he does is revolutionary the same way Jimmy Hendrix did, and what they do is still light years away from our comprehension.

Wether you like it or not, Slash is on the top of the players with Page, Perry, Hendrix, Clapton and whatever classical players that you might think, and BBF isn't because he doesn't play anything that a 12 year old with 2 years of guitar can't play.

I wouldn't say kostabi's right or that he's wrong. All that i know is that i've been playing guitar for way to long to hear a fucking 17 year old tell me what is and what's not.

So, i'll tell you: Fretless guitar is not hard to play . It's basicaly something to make it easier to play. Take it from someone who knows. And I'm not saying that BBF is worst beacuse of that,

what I'm trying to proove Broski is that whatever fast shit BBF plays on the guitar, every guitarist knows what to do. While I'm not saying Slash is my favourite player, Page is, but still, the feud on this topic

is about BBF and Slash, so let me continue, Slash's better because what he does is revolutionary the same way Jimmy Hendrix did, and what they do is still light years away from our comprehension.

Wether you like it or not, Slash is on the top of the players with Page, Perry, Hendrix, Clapton and whatever classical players that you might think, and BBF isn't because he doesn't play anything that a 12 year old with 2 years of guitar can't play.

Yeah.

Let me tell you something.

I have been a musician for 20 years. Started with violin, studied music theory for eight years, then switched to guitar and my part time job is taking commissions to make music for animated comics, indie video games and stuff like that.

Anyway.

I own 6 guitars including a fretless guitar and I don't know what you have been smoking but what you've said about fretless guitars is completely wrong.

I will explain why.

You see, to play a fretless guitar PROPERLY, you have to place your fingers at the exact spot where the note should be, exactly as on a violin. You have to actually use your ears. Which means a fretless guitar is EXTREMELY difficult to play in chords if you want them to sound spot on because there are no frets to make sure the note is actually the same in between two frets.

The purpose of the frets is to allow you to make the string shorter or longer by limiting its length. Thus, between two frets the note stays the same because the string virtually starts vibrating from the fret that is before your finger and down to the bridge.

Another thing : whatever fast shit BBF plays on the guitar every guitarist knows what to do.

Yeah...I don't know whether you have studied theory or not but there is "hard shit" ( aka playing scales, arpeggios fast, sweeping, hybrid picking ) and then there is "very hard shit" ( aka the nonsensical, chaotic, shit that people like Bumblefoot, Guthrie Govan, Christophe Godin and people like that play ).

You find me a logical pattern among the lead parts in that shit and I give you an award :

http://www.bumblefoot.com/aobf/bookpics.htm

What you need to understand is that there is a WORLD outside of blues rock, hard rock and stuff that everybody listens to.

If you think that rock musicians are the absolute best as far as musicianship goes ( because music is up to everyone's taste, but when we're talking technique and theory I'm afraid we're dealing with facts ), well...give jazz a listen, take some improvisation classes, try playing outside of the blues patterns and then start lecturing me about legends and whatnot because I simply am not interested in what mankind thinks of rock n' roll. I'd rather talk about "music".

Edited by BBB

Yeah.

Let me tell you something.

I have been a musician for 20 years. Started with violin, studied music theory for eight years, then switched to guitar and my part time job is taking commissions to make music for animated comics, indie video games and stuff like that.

Anyway.

I own 6 guitars including a fretless guitar and I don't know what you have been smoking but what you've said about fretless guitars is completely wrong.

I will explain why.

You see, to play a fretless guitar PROPERLY, you have to place your fingers at the exact spot where the note should be, exactly as on a violin. You have to actually use your ears. Which means a fretless guitar is EXTREMELY difficult to play in chords if you want them to sound spot on because there are no frets to make sure the note is actually the same in between two frets.

The purpose of the frets is to allow you to make the string shorter or longer by limiting its length. Thus, between two frets the note stays the same because the string virtually starts vibrating from the fret that is before your finger and down to the bridge.

Another thing : whatever fast shit BBF plays on the guitar every guitarist knows what to do.

Yeah...I don't know whether you have studied theory or not but there is "hard shit" ( aka playing scales, arpeggios fast, sweeping, hybrid picking ) and then there is "very hard shit" ( aka the nonsensical, chaotic, shit that people like Bumblefoot, Guthrie Govan, Christophe Godin and people like that play ).

You find me a logical pattern among the lead parts in that shit and I give you an award :

http://www.bumblefoot.com/aobf/bookpics.htm

What you need to understand is that there is a WORLD outside of blues rock, hard rock and stuff that everybody listens to.

If you think that rock musicians are the absolute best as far as musicianship goes ( because music is up to everyone's taste, but when we're talking technique and theory I'm afraid we're dealing with facts ), well...give jazz a listen, take some improvisation classes, try playing outside of the blues patterns and then start lecturing me about legends and whatnot because I simply am not interested in what mankind thinks of rock n' roll. I'd rather talk about "music".

Fretless guitar playing might be very cool but it's the last thing GNR needs.

Fretless guitar playing might be very cool but it's the last thing GNR needs.

And I agree with that.

I feel Bumblefoot is 50% underused and 50% out of place...

I love his playing but not for "GnR" reasons...

I don't approve of this band being called Guns n' Roses.

But when arguing people have to know what they are talking about... :shrugs2:

Just got an official email from gunsnroses.com

gunsnroses.com no-reply@groundctrl.com via createsend1.com

10:07 PM (10 minutes ago)

to me

http://gunsnroses.com/ Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser.

DECEMBER 28, 2011

LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS PAY PER VIEW STREAM

Can't make it to Las Vegas for the shows this weekend? No problem! You can watch the December 30th show LIVE from the Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Watch it LIVE and then later. The Live Stream will be available for 24 hours after the show so you can Rock when its New Year's in your time zone!

Presale for the event will start at $7.99. On the day of the show prices will increase to $9.99. There will also be a two show package available for $14.99. The shows will be available to stream for a 24 hour period following each show

Visit http://live.gunsnroses.com for all of the info and to pre order now!

ATTEND THE LAS VEGAS SHOWS VIP STYLE

Here's what comes with GN'R VIP experience on 12/30/2011 and 12/31/11

General Admission Floor Ticket

Meet and Greet with select members of Gn'R

VIP Party Room

VIP Catering (Snacks)

2 Drink Tickets

Guns N' Roses T-Shirt*

On site VIP Host

VIP Collectible souvenir tour laminate

Already have a ticket and want to upgrade? We have a LIMITED number of available upgrades that include everything EXCEPT the ticket. Check out the links below for more information.

For more info or to purchase a VIP experience visit

12/30/11 VIP and VIP Ugrade link: http://www.gunsnroses.com/events/78041

12/31/11 VIP and VIP Ugrade link: http://www.gunsnroses.com/events/78051

*Please note that your Guns N' Roses T-Shirt will be mailed to you.

Get your social on

Share the love on Twitter | Share the love on Facebook

Forward to a friend | View this email in your browser | Visit http://gunsnroses.com/

This email was sent to you by ground(ctrl) because you subscribed to the Guns 'N Roses mailing list

Opt-out from future emails like this.