The biggest crashgrab ever continues [hired hands inside]

LaRocker

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, both Slash and Axl have the right to play gnr songs, the only problem is that Slash is doing it in an independent way without impact on the GNR name because he is not playing under it. He can play with whoever he wants to like Fergie or even Justin Bieber because he is not representing Guns N Roses!

Of course it has an potential impact on the legacy of GN'R when former members rape the classic songs. I don't mind, though, because to me, nothing that occurs today can somehow stain and ruin what has happened before. So for all I care Slash could start playing Welcome to the Jungle with Justin Bieber. I couldn't care less. But I do find it funny when people attack Axl for how he handles the legacy :).

The problem is Axl never goes solo, he does everything under the gnr name, and till now he's been only doing shit by connecting the GNR brand with some of the biggest mercenaries in the music industry.

No, by rendering perfect versions of the classic guns songs live he helps to keep the legacy of old guns alive and intact, contrary to everything Slash has been doing ;). And by continuing Guns N' Roses with new, exciting members he allows for the band to have a continued existence, to add more songs to its discography, to allow the band to live on and not die when other members left. Guns N' Roses today isn't like it was in the 80s, but I wouldn't want a band that was static. I want a band that evolves, both musically and lineup-ly. A band that is actually current and relevant and not only a nostalgia act for people who haven't wandered into the new millennium yet.

And if you don't like that, fine, nothing wrong in that. The point is we can both have it our ways; you can hang out at YouTube and enjoy old guns and I can follow the new band (and the old when I feel like). Being butthurt 20 years after old guns broke up is -- and I am 100 % serious now -- sort of silly. I mean, just grow up.

But here as you can see these people like bumble or DJ are actually playing in Guns N Roses, not in Axl's solo band! This is a big problem because this guys are not gnr material and are only interested in milking the band name, as you can see in the examples I made in the first post.

They might not turn out to be able to write songs with the same quality as Izzy, Axl, Duff and Slash did. We don't know that yet. Give them a chance to prove themselves before you trash them. And even if they can't write classic that doesn't mean they can't be members of Guns N' Roses. That is not for you or I to decide, but for Axl to decide.

And about them only being in GM'R to milk the band name: This is just mere speculation from your part. And considering how frequently you seem to be mistaken I think it is safe to not trust you now, either.

No, by rendering perfect versions of the classic guns songs live he helps to keep the legacy of old guns alive and intact, contrary to everything Slash has been doing ;). And by continuing Guns N' Roses with new, exciting members he allows for the band to have a continued existence, to add more songs to its discography, to allow the band to live on and not die when other members left. Guns N' Roses today isn't like it was in the 80s, but I wouldn't want a band that was static. I want a band that evolves, both musically and lineup-ly. A band that is actually current and relevant and not only a nostalgia act for people who haven't wandered into the new millennium yet.

How can he keep the legacy of the old guns intact when most songs are butchered in every gig(example: Nightrain), when he keeps adding more and more instruments that have nothing to do with the original songs?

Slash's rock and roll is simple and his sound has been kept mostly intact during the years.

You don't want a band that's static? Ok neither do I, stop using the gnr name for your solo projects that take ages to complete and move on.

How can he keep the legacy of the old guns intact when most songs are butchered in every gig(example: Nightrain), when he keeps adding more and more instruments that have nothing to do with the original songs?

Slash's rock and roll is simple and his sound has been kept mostly intact during the years.

You don't want a band that's static? Ok neither do I, stop using the gnr name for your solo projects that take ages to complete and move on.

Splashite :facepalm:

Butchering? Nightrain hasn't been played so good during the UYI tour. Splash's solos were mostly boring. It sounded bad. Now it doesn't, it sounds awesome. And there are no instruments "that have nothing to do with the original songs".

I said before on here that touring probably isn't the easiest way or the best way of making the most money.

I was very WRONG.

I was listening to some music show the other night and they were talking about how these days that live shows are the only way to rake the money in thanks to the way music downloading has gone etc and that artists make a TON from touring.

So yeah technically the whole thing is a cashgrab :smiley-monkey: Thing is they are only doing what everyone else is doing. I don't believe Axl is a money hungry person he comes across as someone who does something because he wants to. If he was money hungry the reunion would've happened years ago (we all know the insane amounts they've been offered). Axl holds the key to that reunion and no one else, once Axl agrees, the others will follow.

Because people attending the Guns N' Roses shows say they are amazing! That's how he protects the legacy.

But how can you even try to criticise Axl for doing any harm to the legacy with Slash out there playing guns songs with Fergie at some sports event in the USA? I mean, you can criticise Axl for pushing the envelope when it comes to what is expected of Guns N' Roses, you can criticize him for being unproductive, you can criticise him for being an asshole, but saying that he -- and not Slash -- harms the legacy of Guns is just incredible! Do you even try to understand the things you are writing? You are either the most pathetic troll I have ever come across or legally retarded.

Yes, unfortunately. His time as an innovator is long gone :(. And now he just repeats himself. I am so happy he is not in Guns N' Roses anymore.

If it was a solo project all songs would be mainly credited to Axl. Well, they aren't. It clearly is a collaborative effort when it comes to writing songs. Now he just needs to find someone better to write songs with.

Because people attending the Guns N' Roses shows say they are amazing! That's how he protects the legacy.

But how can you even try to criticise Axl for doing any harm to the legacy with Slash out there playing guns songs with Fergie at some sports event in the USA? I mean, you can criticise Axl for pushing the envelope when it comes to what is expected of Guns N' Roses, you can criticize him for being unproductive, you can criticise him for being an asshole, but saying that he -- and not Slash -- harms the legacy of Guns is just incredible! Do you even try to understand the things you are writing? You are either the most pathetic troll I have ever come across or legally retarded.

Yes, unfortunately. His time as an innovator is long gone :(. And now he just repeats himself. I am so happy he is not in Guns N' Roses anymore.

If it was a solo project all songs would be mainly credited to Axl. Well, they aren't. It clearly is a collaborative effort when it comes to writing songs. Now he just needs to find someone better to write songs with.

What is exactly your problem with Fergie? Im not a big fan aswell, but let's face it how would you feel if she was a part of Guns N' Roses?

What is exactly your problem with Fergie? Im not a big fan aswell, but let's face it how would you feel if she was a part of Guns N' Roses?

Fergie is better than anyone Assy is playing with.

Guest saphire

Kostabi and LaRocker-keep fighting the good fight! Agree with most everything you guys say. Also agree with the original post that set this shitstorm off. Bands want to make themselves assessable to fans, that's cool, but don't charge me just to be graced by your presence. It's like a hooker charging for a blow job.

The tour is coming to a close for this year. Obviously introducing these meet and greets are a desperate final push for these touring no name musicians to earn some extra cash. No one in their right mind would pay their hard earned money to meet guys like bumblefoot, frank, or fortus if they weren't being promoted as GN'R members.

Edited by saphire

I have nothing against Fergie per se, but I don't like the silly version that Slash's been doing with her and Cypress Hill or the performance at that sports event, and if I was so inclined, I would perhaps think Slash is on a path to ruin the legacy of Guns N' Roses with his maltreatment of the classic songs. I am not, though, I just like to bring up this comparison when anyone - haha -- says that Axl is destroying the legacy.

You mean if Axl was replaced by Fergie on vocals? I wouldn't like that one bit because I believe that Axl's voice (even today) and his songwriting skills are essential for GN'R (he can't be replaced). But if there was some room for her in the band where she could actually contribute something valuable to the band and its sound then why should I have anything against it?

Kostabi and LaRocker-keep fighting the good fight!

If they are fighting, what are their criteria for winning?

Also agree with the original post that set this shitstorm off. Bands want to make themselves assessable to fans, that's cool, but don't charge me just to be graced by your presence. It's like a hooker charging for a blow job.

I guess being in the company of Pitman and Ferrer is more valuable to people than receiving a blow job from you.

Obviously introducing these meet and greets are a desperate final push for these touring no name musicians to earn some extra cash.

Are the band members getting money directly from showing up at meet and greets? I find that hard to believe, I would rather think it is stipulated in their contracts to do such events and that it is the management who has arranged them and not the band members themselves.

No one in their right mind would pay their hard earned money to meet guys like bumblefoot, frank, or fortus if they weren't being promoted as GN'R members.

Be real now. The kids who attend such events haven't got hard earned money, it's their allowance or money gifts they are spending.

Be real now. The kids who attend such events haven't got hard earned money, it's their allowance or money gifts they are spending.

Her point it is ridiculous to pay money thinking you will meet Guns N' Roses, to meet nameless guys like them. And all you have to comment is about their money being not hard earned!!!

Edited by kostabi

People are aware of the situation.

People going backstage are aware Axl is not going to be there, and that Ron and DJ will be there.

If that person sees no problem in that he must be a fan of them or anyone else backstage, so I don't see any problem.

It's not your money they're spending and GNR is not lying about what's going on.

Her point it is ridiculous to pay money thinking you will meet Guns N' Roses, to meet nameless guys like them. And all you have to comment is about their money being not hard earned!!!

I am pretty sure guys that spend money on backstage passes are fully aware of who is in the band or not :facepalm:. And who am I to say it is ridiculous of them to pay money to meet guys in Guns N' Roses? It's their choice entirely. And if they are so lost that they believe they will meet Gilby or Teddy, well, then I have no sympathy for them.

EDIT: And this is what is offered:

P1 Ticket

Meet and Greet with select members of Guns N' Roses

VIP Party Room

VIP Catering

2 Drink Tickets

Guns N' Roses T-Shirt*

VIP Host

VIP Collectible souvenir tour laminate

It CLEARLY says "select members". When I was a kid I'd probably spend money on this, too. It seems cool.

Edited by Soulmonster

Paid more than 500 bucks to travel and see Guns n' Roses last year.

Guess what : I would have paid the same amount if the band was called something else and Axl wasn't in it.

I don't care that it's "Guns n' Roses". I don't care that Axl Rose is or isn't in it. I don't care if they play AFD or UYI.

I think the old music rocks, and that Axl is insanely talented but so far he's largely standing in the way of more music being released so yeah, don't care much for him.

I love Chinese, I love Bucket, Bumble, Robin, Brain and Fortus. Everything else = details I don't care about.

Never gave a single flying fuck about any of the legacy bullshit, about the name, about anything else.

Release more music with either Bucket, Bumble or Fortus and I'll pay attention.

Edited by BBB

Guest saphire

The satisfaction in knowing they're right.

I guess being in the company of Pitman and Ferrer is more valuable to people than receiving a blow job from you.

There must be some reason you thought it be a good idea to take it to that level, especially when it has nothing to do with what is being discussed in this thread. You usually feign more intelligence than that.

Nonetheless, it's obvious you brought it up because I hit a nerve. Though you seem to have an interest in my sexual exploits, I personally don't care how many guys happen to find your blow jobs more valuable than mine. I'm sure you earned it so don't feel threatened on my account. Good for you man.

Are the band members getting money directly from showing up at meet and greets? I find that hard to believe, I would rather think it is stipulated in their contracts to do such events and that it is the management who has arranged them and not the band members themselves.

Just because you find something hard to believe doesn't make it less true. "Select" band members have to agree to those stipulations and sign the contracts. Whomever is in charge of the actual set up for the meet and greet is neither here nor there. This isn't out of the goodness of their hearts, this isn't to reach out to starry eyed fans to give them a thrill. They've agreed to make themselves available for a price. Any of those guys could walk down a city street and not get a second glance. Put them in a VIP room backstage and suddenly people have to cough up cash to be in their presence. If the pic in the op is indicative of how many tards are actually falling for this scheme, there's still hope that not all GNR fans are gullible.

If you're going to pretend to be a CEO, at least play the part of the young struggling but highly motivated young entrepreneur who, through hard work, long hours and unending determiniation, made his way to the top of a very successful and respected Fortune 500 Company. It's so much more endearing. Or maybe you're going for the priveleged rich kid who inherited his status in life from daddy along with a substantial trust fund. Either way, besides being full of shit, have a clue and realize many kids today do actually work hard to earn their money, whether it's the college student packing your bags at the local grocery, pumping gas into your make believe Bently, or serving your fat ass a Big Mac and fries.

The satisfaction in knowing they're right.

If that's the criteria for winning they have already won and there's no need to fight :facepalm:.

There must be some reason you thought it be a good idea to take it to that level, especially when it has nothing to do with what is being discussed in this thread. You usually feign more intelligence than that. Nonetheless, it's obvious you brought it up because I hit a nerve. Though you seem to have an interest in my sexual exploits,

Eh, okay.

I personally don't care how many guys happen to find your blow jobs more valuable than mine. I'm sure you earned it so don't feel threatened on my account. Good for you man.

I have no idea what you are babbling about.

"Select" band members have to agree to those stipulations and sign the contracts. Whomever is in charge of the actual set up for the meet and greet is neither here nor there.

It is absolutely relevant when people want to attack the members for something that can very well be a non-negotiable part of their contracts. And yes, they could just say 'fuck it!' and don't sign that contract, but then I have to ask you to get real, again.

This isn't out of the goodness of their hearts, this isn't to reach out to starry eyed fans to give them a thrill. They've agreed to make themselves available for a price. Any of those guys could walk down a city street and not get a second glance. Put them in a VIP room backstage and suddenly people have to cough up cash to be in their presence. If the pic in the op is indicative of how many tards are actually falling for this scheme, there's still hope that not all GNR fans are gullible.

Stop being a fucking moron by criticising fans for wanting to pay to meet the band they like :facepalm:.

If you're going to pretend to be a CEO, at least play the part of the young struggling but highly motivated young entrepreneur who, through hard work, long hours and unending determiniation, made his way to the top of a very successful and respected Fortune 500 Company. It's so much more endearing. Or maybe you're going for the priveleged rich kid who inherited his status in life from daddy along with a substantial trust fund.

You don't believe I am an CEO? Well, no one would expect more from a moron like you.

Either way, besides being full of shit, have a clue and realize many kids today do actually work hard to earn their money, whether it's the college student packing your bags at the local grocery, pumping gas into your make believe Bently, or serving your fat ass a Big Mac and fries.

It was a joke, you imbecile :facepalm:.

You mean if Axl was replaced by Fergie on vocals? I wouldn't like that one bit because I believe that Axl's voice (even today) and his songwriting skills are essential for GN'R (he can't be replaced). But if there was some room for her in the band where she could actually contribute something valuable to the band and its sound then why should I have anything against it?

In my pov Slash's sound is also irreplaceable

Stop being a fucking moron by criticising fans for wanting to pay to meet the band they like :facepalm:.

What's with the name calling? Why are you so desperate in defending people that don't really give a fuck about the band you like and just want your cash?

Edited by LaRocker

Meet and Greet with SELECTED MEMBERS. It doesn't say everybody will be there, and to be honest if I was to pay for one of these I wouldn't expect Axl to be involved.

It's not a "cash-grab," alot of band's have Meet and Greet's, some of them charge much more than $250.

If a person pay's for the meet and greet, they would know who's in the band.

Meet and Greet with SELECTED MEMBERS. It doesn't say everybody will be there, and to be honest if I was to pay for one of these I wouldn't expect Axl to be involved.

It's not a "cash-grab," alot of band's have Meet and Greet's, some of them charge much more than $250.

If a person pay's for the meet and greet, they would know who's in the band.

So because manny bands also practice that same "cash-grab" policy it's okay for gnr to do the same. Stop defending nu gnr.

Also it says as you well stated "with Selected Members" well in theory that doesn't exclude Axl does it? Well here in the forums we all know he ins't going to show up, but to the common fan out there he might truly believe he might hangout with Axl, and maybe that's the only reason he is even attending the show...

On the other hand, I think there still might be people out there that will pay for they're ticket and will expect to hangout with Slash, couldn't imagine their faces when they see this:

2ag7p6v.jpg

Edited by LaRocker